1. 7 years ago

I've recently made a mob farm that uses basic knowledge of Minecraft to make. It doesn't contain any spawners of any type so it can summon any type of mobs from the overworld excluding Enderman. Mob spawn rates has been... disappointing. As a result, I've started to wonder if any of you have mob farms without using mob spawners and how much mob spawns in a minute in that farm? Post the results down below and if have an efficient mob farm, take a screenshot and post it here.

2. Edited 7 years ago by FishW

Ok I dont have an actual results but having played minecraft for awhile so I can offer a few tips.

1. Build it as high as you can. This will force mobs to spawn in your grinder and not in surrounding caves and lands.
    2. Mob grinders not using spawners are pretty ineffiecnt. But they produce gunpowder, ender pearls, and can be made almost anywhere.

I, like you, have long sought after the legendary spawnerless grinder. These are the only tips I have discovered and I haven't tried any spawners that worked great. Ive seen a few that workes though. Maybe try an endermen farm(end dimension) if you seek xp and ender pearls. Im sorry I could not offer any solid results.

3. refer to this thread

4. Edited 7 years ago by _Haxington_

Well I for one have noticed that mob farms work more slowly on multiplayer than they do in singleplayer.
    In singleplayer my design would get me about 15 gunpowder per minute, but in multiplayer, it only gets me about 2-4 gunpowder per minute. (I used gunpowder as an example because it is the most valuable of the drops in my opinion).

5. I agree with you Haxington. Mob farms are very inefficient in multiplayer but are better in singleplayer. I've tried it in singleplayer and I've got zombies spawning every second and falling into a deathtrap. I've duplicated the mob farm I made in CraftyMynes and put it in singleplayer. The results show an increase of 1000% mobs. Actually, that percentage may be exaggerated but plethora of mobs were spawning. Mobs spawn rates is probably affected by the amount of player in the server making for less mobs to spawn.

-My mobs farm is above 150y and it probably wouldn't wield the same results if I lower it. The first mob farm I made in CraftyMynes only produced 5 mobs while this produced 20 but both taking a long time.

or Sign Up to reply!