CraftyMynes Skin Comp

1. 7 years ago
    Edited 7 years ago by _Ami_13_

How would people feel about having a skin competition on the server
    I'm aware any kind of structure I build to do it on would most likely be griefed almost immediately and doing it around spawn may cause problems (not too sure)
    So if anybody has any help they could give it would be appreciated .

EDIT: Could something not be done like how we had that arena tournament a while back because that was built out in the wild where the area was set in adventure mode (this is mainly directed at the staff but others will know what i mean).

Thoughts ?

2. Someone could come and kill everyone. Skin comp requires taking off armor so the participants are in a vulnerable state.

3. yeah that's why I thought about doing it at spawn but then without some kind of building to keep a structure it gets messy and obviously a skin comp building can't just be slapped in or near spawn :/

4. @jamlbon yeah that's why I thought about doing it at spawn but then without some kind of building to keep a structure it gets messy and obviously a skin comp building can't just be slapped in or near spawn :/

theres always the option of doing it in 2 sets, first set goes while second set guards, then second set goes while first set guards

5. Edited 7 years ago by _Ami_13_

@ardoasms theres always the option of doing it in 2 sets, first set goes while second set guards, then second set goes while first set guards

yeah but then the issue of is everyone doing the skin comp trustworthy some people might say they're gonna help then they might just mess it all up anyway,
    ON the other hand people aren't going to bring all they're stuff to it so there's not much of an incentive to kill everyone other than stats and potential heads.

6. Just use the rtp build a small thing with a stack of cobble and then get people to tpa, and warn them not to have valuables. I used to participate in skin comps on an old prison server, and they were good but it only lasts a few minutes, so unless you have a different ideas then you dont really need a large structure.

7. that was the plan but as people have said there's always the risk of somebody coming in full gear and killing us all

8. Yea but like what if you don't take gear? I mean they could kill you but you wouldn't have worry about gear being lost.

9. Edited 7 years ago by GibsonAxe

You can do this at spawn, there are several suitable places for example, the Command Block at spawn makes a nice platform, near the umbrellas is some flat grassy area and due east of the arena iirc

10. ^ may i recommend on top of the Crafty statue's head.

11. @FishW ^ may i recommend on top of the Crafty statue's head.

No.

12. @Blackened_Dawn No.

-image-

13. @FishW Excuse me?

14. @Blackened_Dawn @FishW Excuse me?

Indeed.

15. @FishW -image-

@FishW Indeed.

i advise against fighting dawn lol, could cause more trouble than its worth

16. Lol im not fighting her in any way, just amusing myself. My idea for it to be on top of the crafty statue was a good one. I believe it should be recognized as such.
    #Dawn4Owner

17. @jamlbon that was the plan but as people have said there's always the risk of somebody coming in full gear and killing us all

Jamlbon we should hire some guards then :P

18. Just do it in spawn.

19. Edited 7 years ago by _Ami_13_

@GibsonAxe You can do this at spawn, there are several suitable places for example, the Command Block at spawn makes a nice platform, near the umbrellas is some flat grassy area and due east of the arena iirc

On top of the command block sound goods can do it tournament style rather how i envisioned it.

So now I need people to confirm their entries.
    Also the when may be an issue.

20. Edited 7 years ago by _Ami_13_

Okay I've worked out all the details.
    It will be done 2 at a time on top of the command block in spawn.
    When I get entries I will pair people up who are are at similar ( this may eventually cause problems down the line but I can work it out , probably )

As for the entries just post them on here (mention me @jamlbon so I actually read it )
    I need your username and the time ( include the timezone ) you're usually so I can pair you with somebody.

Thanks for reading , Jamlbon

EDIT: Going to make a separate thread for entries because it'll be easier to track them.
    This can be used for any queries about the competition.

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!