1. 7 years ago

I was wondering what we can do as a community to help reduce lag on the server? Are there any general unwritten rules we can follow? Any tips? If we come across unused bases, are there certain builds we should destroy, such as portals?

2. Edited 7 years ago by Venetorem

Lag will always be a thing with vanilla severs, especially one as populated as ours. It's why we have rules like the entity limit (100 or fewer). Controlling entities is one o the easiest ways to reduce lag. Watch your entities (E:#/# in the f3 menu), clean your grinders, keep animal farms small, pick your items up, try to refrain from using armor stands and item frames because they count as entities. There are a number o other ways, but there are many ways to reduce your entities

3. Avoiding lighting updates might also be a good idea.
    For example redstone torches emit light, so contraptions using lots of them can be pretty laggy (e.g. some pumpkin farms use burnout clocks). You can avoid this by lighting the area up so the redstone torches don't affect the light level.

4. You want no lag? Go play on singleplayer.

5. @Captain_Mitchell You want no lag? Go play on singleplayer.

Hey all, i didn't start the thread to complain about lag. All i was asking was if we could do anything as a community to help, that is all. I follow the rules, the same as most of us do which makes a big difference i am sure. Helpful information that we can incorporate into builds, raids, etc is what i think could be valuable, beyond the rules that we all follow. Sometimes the small things can make a big difference.

NutjobBob, i ran across similar information as i researched. This is the type of information i think could be valuable to the community.

6. Edited 7 years ago by Blackfish_

If Crafty upgraded his setup, will it reduce lags too?

7. @Blackfish If Crafty upgraded his setup, will it reduce lags too?

We have upgraded the server many many times, however, due to vanilla's resources requirements, there's a certain point where no matter what you do, you can't reduce lag. We currently have the best setup that money can buy, also, if anything better works it's way on to the market, you can be sure that I will upgrade. The best thing we can do is watch our entities, and push mojang to upgrade their shitty software.

8. Edited 7 years ago by Blackfish_

Idk why i asking that. Im not even unbanned yet

9. Lol rip.

or Sign Up to reply!