Archery Range

1. 7 years ago

This has been an idea in my head that has been growing for a while, and I really need something to work towards on the server. For now, this is just an idea and I have not gathered materials or done any building yet. My goal is to build a bunch of fun games that involve archery and a bunch of different elements that will make it fun and unique. Unfortunately the bulk of this will only be available to people I trust, and a tour here on the forums, and that disappointed me. But then I got the idea of doing personal games for people. They would pay the small fee (not much, depending on the game) in advance, and I would get the materials in my inventory. I wouldn't be carrying anything valuable, and then I could take the random tp with somebody and build a quick game. Here are some ideas of games I have so far. I've marked the ones I could set up per order with a *

A timed button and pressure plate shooting course, some of which may be hidden from view

*Dropping a set amount of baby chickens (sorry chickens) at about the same time using water or pistons or something

Shooting tnt, and timing it up with another tnt to launch a primed tnt into a ball of tnt

*With the help of somebody else or something, hunting a wolf pack from a variety of ranges

Shooting minecarts that are somehow randomly moving along a winding path

*Shooting ME midair launched out of a tnt cannon (lol maybe)

Any of these could be changed in a bunch of easy fun ways, distance, shooting through a veil of water or a wall of lava, riding a minecart, limiting the number of arrows, etc.

I have already forgot a bunch of my ideas and I can't think straight. This whole thing is going to be fun for me and I have never seen anybody post about or say anything about a archery game delivery xD I am open to suggestions, ideas and ways of doing some of the listed games. I will post updates and pictures (when I figure out how to use imagur) and eventually a tour/menu of the games. Depending on how I build all this and decide on a bunch of stuff, I may ask for donations of blocks, items, gunpowder, arrows, bows, and eventually may buy such items too. This could be a 10 page rant, but for now I want to see what the community has to say and suggest. Sorry for any typos I don't feel like proofreading and my mind is all over the walls.

2. Could these games somehow involve the use of rapid fire TNT cannons?
    If so, I want in

3. Well, depends on if you are rapid firing tnt, or players. Rapidfire tnt woulndt involve archery really.

4. I thought it meant archery as in a shooting range for bows lol

5. It is, that is the point. A bunch of different courses that you shoot with bows.

6. Edited 7 years ago by thegoldsmith

I had this idea for an archery range before and built one in solo i will help with this project @TheMightyDrex

7. you should be able to do tournaments and win prizes!
    also now that you can hook items, do a drag the dirt competition
    also if you find a zombie spawner ypu can turn it on and off so that the zombies come in waves to kill ya

8. Thanks for the idea! I havent had much time on the server since this post, but if I have some volunteers I could build a temp park and hold a public tourney there. I would provide all the items hopefully as well, so people could come risk free.

or Sign Up to reply!