How does one get and run optfine?

1. 7 years ago

How do you get optfine?

2. simply google optifine 1.10. click the top link, select your version and then download.

3. btw you will have to wait for adfly to let you skip and then it will be the blue link in the middle.

4. optifine.net

5. http://optifine.net/downloads

6. is it that right?

7. yes, click download on the top version OptiFine 1.10.2 HD U D2

it will bring up an ad, wait til you can skip then click the blue link in the middle of all the images

8. no what?

9. once it downloads just open and run the file, click install and it will do the rest

10. its done. lol

11. it helps run Minecraft faster?

12. Yes, and gives you many more options for settings. I recommend checking out the lighting settings. You can set it so torches give off light in your hand, even as a dropped item. also it adds a zoom function that is helpful. default zoom is "C" I believe.

13. I am going to love this

14. Its my favorite "Mod"

15. how do you get to the lighting settings?

16. under the video settings, go into the Quality menu and look for the Dynamic Lights on the bottom left, you want that set to fancy in order to use a torch like a flash light.

17. @BluePlauge Yes, and gives you many more options for settings. I recommend checking out the lighting settings. You can set it so torches give off light in your hand, even as a dropped item. also it adds a zoom function that is helpful. default zoom is "C" I believe.

The torches just turns up the brightness around you if you ever pressed f3 and checked the light level.

18. Ya I know it doesnt change the light level but it does still help a lot. dropping them in the ocean as light rocks. lots of uses

or Sign Up to reply!