The Lottery is Open!!!

1. 7 years ago
    Edited 7 years ago by CraftyMyner

The Lottery is Open!

Hey guys, after a long time and many hours of work, the lottery is now open!

How do I enter?

You can enter the lottery by taking the teleporter by the Crafty statue and then right clicking one of the signs in the lottery room.

Details

• You can enter up to 5 times per week in any or all of the 3 different lotteries.
    • Each ticket will cost 1 Diamond/Emerald/Gold block.
    • Tickets are bound to your player name, you are not required to keep them to win.
    • Therefore, you should not buy or sell tickets because they won't be worth anything.
    • Drawings will happen at midnight on Fridays, you are not required to be online to win.
    • Items added to each lottery will be given out to a randomly selected winner.

Good Luck!

2. Was Hoping for more of a slot machine type of thing.

3. Imagine if all of the richer players payed a couple diamond blocks to this...

4. to bad like 75% of the currency on the server belongs to a handfull of people

5. I don't have a gambling problem :D
    -image-
    -image-
    -image-

6. @TacoJesus to bad like 75% of the currency on the server belongs to a handfull of people

That's why there is a limit, 1 diamond block is quite achievable to almost anyone who has been here for a few hours.

7. @TacoJesus Was Hoping for more of a slot machine type of thing.

We tried that in the past, it was very hard to find items that didn't break the econemy, however, you may see a slot machine appear in the future. It likely would be more like the 1.8 slot machine.

8. @CraftyMyner We tried that in the past, it was very hard to find items that didn't break the econemy, however, you may see a slot machine appear in the future. It likely would be more like the 1.8 slot machine.

Would it have a possible "jackpot" or would that be too risky?

9. @_Confederacy_ Would it have a possible "jackpot" or would that be too risky?

I mean it pretty much is a jackpot, the winner of the diamond lottery might win 100 dia blocks or more

10. @cepheid I mean it pretty much is a jackpot, the winner of the diamond lottery might win 100 dia blocks or more

I was referring to the slot machine, But ok

11. @cepheid I mean it pretty much is a jackpot, the winner of the diamond lottery might win 100 dia blocks or more

-image-
    u say fUCKIN wOT

12. @_Confederacy_ I was referring to the slot machine, But ok

The issue with a slot machine is that to make it worth playing, it must add stuff to the economy, the lottery doesn't add anything to the lottery.

13. @CraftyMyner The issue with a slot machine is that to make it worth playing, it must add stuff to the economy, the lottery doesn't add anything to the lottery.

Mumbo Jumbo made a slot machine without any command blocks

14. Edited 7 years ago by CraftyMyner

@Retrochewy Mumbo Jumbo made a slot machine without any command blocks

This is literally completely irrelevant. It's not an issue with command blocks, it's an issue with adding items to the economy and breaking it again. It's very hard to balance a slot machine but because the lottery is not adding any items to the economy (the items won are from the players that enter and not spawned in) it's much easier to balance.

15. @CraftyMyner This is literally completely irrelevant. It's not an issue with command blocks, it's an issue with adding items to the economy and breaking it again. It's very hard to balance a slot machine but because the lottery is not adding any items to the economy (the items won are from the players that enter and not spawned in) it's much easier to balance.

so all the blocks used to buy tickets become part of the lottery prize?

16. midnight in what timezone? @CraftyMyner

17. @Retrochewy so all the blocks used to buy tickets become part of the lottery prize?

Yes, just like most other lotteries.

18. Edited 7 years ago by CraftyMyner

@thegoldsmith midnight in what timezone? @CraftyMyner

Server timezone so 12 am CET.

7 pm EST
    4 pm PST
    11 pm UTC

I am going to run the first one manually then automate it, and because of my schedule, it will likely happen at 2 am CET.

9 pm EST
    6 pm PST
    1 am UTC

19. thanks @CraftyMyner :D

20. @thegoldsmith thanks @CraftyMyner :D

No problem!

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!