Sknup's Protection

1. ‹ Older
  2. 7 years ago

Maybe instead of acting like hes hiding behind a bubble of safe space, you can take a moment to reflect on the fact that your sole problem is that we managed to stop a group of hackers from destroying years of work.

Its not like he was raided by legit players. Every account that entered his base was caught and banned for hacking. The protection was put up because we couldnt get them all at once, and it was soley to l
    Prevent them, and them alone, untill they could all be dealt with. A temporary solution to a potentially long problem.

But you dont care, that we do everything we can to prevent hackers from destroying things. You dont care to read the word "temporary". All you care about is that a cheating punk started a riot last night acting like they were unfairly abused.

So maybe, instead of crying that the world isnt fair, realize that this time, it was. A base was saved, more cheaters were banned, and people get on with their lives.
    And if you cant see that, theres nothing more for us to say about it.

3. Edited 7 years ago by r4iscool1

@Cileklim You can't see how having items protected gives an advantage, huh? This is much more advanced than putting your items in a echest, he can store spawners, slime chunks etc. inside which is not really possible with a shulker box or an echest.

His playstyle doesn't make this any fair. No offense @sknup

The fact though is he isn't, he rarely trades and the only real value in his base is the beauty, size and time put into it. There's no grinders or slime chunks.
    Also until I and the admins online discovered the hackers teleporting into the base despite not finding it legitimately it was completely unprotected like any other base.
    What about his playstyle makes this unfair ? He doesn't trade except for essentials, doesn't raid, pvp or grief.
    Nevermind the fact it's temporary until we can be sure we got all the hackers.

4. I would like to state the following that in my opinion solves all past and present issue. CRAFTY stated the most and best answer. Its craftys base and sknup builds the majority. So the land of sknup is really crafty base so protection is warranted. To solve part 2 is simple promote sknup to mod or admin. Then no one can say anything.

5. I like humfry's idea In no way were we trying no nitpick or push at the situation to complain. I myself had no idea about the hackers or last nights quarrel I was concerned over the issue of who sknup actually is to the community or how much advantage he could of had as an average player. I quit replying here for a bit because people were getting defensive and shooting down harmless suggestions. Personally I'm not too worried over the topic anymore but other uninformed players may be wary.

6. I agree with humfry, if he is important enough to warrant his base protected you should promote him.

7. @_Confederacy_ I agree with humfry, if he is important enough to warrant his base protected you should promote him.

um... I can agree with that I guess?

8. @humfrydog I would like to state the following that in my opinion solves all past and present issue. CRAFTY stated the most and best answer. Its craftys base and sknup builds the majority. So the land of sknup is really crafty base so protection is warranted. To solve part 2 is simple promote sknup to mod or admin. Then no one can say anything.

No. There is a process to becoming staff and it'll be adhered too.

9. i tried being staff before its not something i would want again its not for me

10. I think the staff disclosing it as they did here is enough. No need to force a status on someone to meet the rules in place. I do agree though that the player base deserves to know and understand exceptions to the rule especially if this was something that was considered back in 1.8. Crafty's response shows he is still trying to keep some adherence to the rule when he took Sknup's base although Sknup's status puts him in a rare spot as an in-betweener from gods and mortals which I envy lol.

I don't think this is a real issue unless Sknup was using the place to shelter himself and his loot to give him an advantage over the other players - which I haven't ever observed.

11. The whole situation is bull, it defeats the perpose of "dont be a wuss, there is no land claiming" aspect of the server, valuable to important people or not, everything that people build is important to the builder so if it runs on the level of value to someone then everyone deserves it cause everyone values their hard work regardless over the rank of helped cause we are all players.

12. Its all favoritism

13. @TacoJesus The whole situation is bull, it defeats the perpose of "dont be a wuss, there is no land claiming" aspect of the server, valuable to important people or not, everything that people build is important to the builder so if it runs on the level of value to someone then everyone deserves it cause everyone values their hard work regardless over the rank of helped cause we are all players.

I can assuredly understand this point of view, however, Crafty himself said that the protection was set in place because of hackers. Hackers being able to destroy a build would be even more unfair, I should think. I am sure the protection will be lifted once the staff have a solution.

14. @TacoJesus The whole situation is bull, it defeats the perpose of "dont be a wuss, there is no land claiming" aspect of the server, valuable to important people or not, everything that people build is important to the builder so if it runs on the level of value to someone then everyone deserves it cause everyone values their hard work regardless over the rank of helped cause we are all players.

Just because you don't get protection doesn't mean that it's unfair. I'm not picking and choosing who gets protection because of favoritism. While I haven't had a big part in the design or building of it, I have put a lot of effort in. I have been moving and terraforming this base for the last 2.5 years. If this were in the real world, and I was the president (owner). Myself and the staff of the white house would have protection and so would my family. If I had a house other than the white house, it and the workers would be protected as well. It's not a matter of favoritism, its a matter of not having the time to be an owner, developer, systems administrator, chief of HR, builder, accountant and still work on my own bases. Favoritism and imbalance would imply that I was protecting more than just my own bases and projects and that players would be using their protection to stockpile armor and valuable resources while still raiding other bases without protection.

Besides, you are banned anyways.

or Sign Up to reply!