1. 7 years ago

so about 2 months ago my computer wouldn't let me open any of my games up and don't know what to do about it

it also like if i play a game and exit out of it the game won't open back up unless i restart my computer

2. what is your operating system?

3. @JKELLER4000 what is your operating system?

windows 7 i also have a decade old gaming computer that i use

4. if your willing i would recommend upgrading to win 10. it is an extremely frustrating process but if i rememebr correctly win 10 handle memory much much better than win 7.

but you could if your familiar with it. use ctrl alt del when you are done with a game. and use it to "end task" when you are done with a game. i guess i am not sure if on win 7 ctrl alt del goes right to task manager?

anyways i suspect that win 7 is getting hung up when closing a program and force closing using end task would be the way to make sure it closed completely.

and you can see ram usage. if you are using more memory than you have ram this can some times cause problems. because the computer tries to store memory on the hard disk which can slow things down and cause more communication issues. so install more ram if you are running out of memory!

also i have done it is the past it is very tricky. you can use the task manager to end task on win.exe . then use the task manager to run a program and re run win.exe . this can be faster than restarting and i found it to some times resolve problems i am having however it can also some times make problems significantly worse!

and maybe go into control panel advanced system settings. performance . settings. advanced. virtual memory.. change .. and make sure "automatically manage paging file size for all drives" is checked.

however personally on my system because i have went way overboard with the ram. i have un checked this and set no paging file size for both my drives. i found that windows loves keeping the ram free and will page file things even if i know i have way more than enough ram. and this has caused issues. so maybe if you have windows managing page file. try to turn it to zero and see if you start getting too many "out of memory" errors.

however warning. i am not a computer professional. and i find computers to be too cheap as soon as i have a frustrating problem with mine i just go out and buy a new one. so my advice would be if your using win 7 buy a new computer!

5. @JKELLER4000 buy a new computer!

Summed up for ya'

6. this was fixed can thread be locked?

or Sign Up to reply!