Yelloms' 1.13 Base

1. ‹ Older
  2. 5 years ago

@Yelloms Got discovered, it always happens. Whoever found it was actually pretty kind as far a greifing goes so I got some final pictures for myself. Now I'm moving on to build another base. Looks like I still need to try harder to hide my builds, but it's part of what I love about this server.

Thank you all for the comments on these builds, it makes building them and watching them burn totally worth it.

-yelloms

How, didnt ye build far enough? ppl cant just find builds like dat unless you are not far enough

3. Love it! Super cool

4. Another inside job it seems

5. No inside job, I found a spot I liked and built there. I had 3 beacons activated and the area wasn't small, I got unlucky with someone flying over head or someone noticed where I had been using the nether. It happens with every map, I could do a lot more to protect myself but as time goes on I get lazier and lazier when it comes to covering my tracks.

6. @Yelloms

it's likely one

if you haven't been keeping a close eye on things lately major bases left and right has been getting raided and grefied lately

7. Edited 5 years ago by FieryPhoenix64

@GrandpaCarl00 @Yelloms

it's likely one

if you haven't been keeping a close eye on things lately major bases left and right has been getting raided and grefied lately

Yeah, I get the feeling it was the group of 'Unknown' players who keep posting coords in forums of destroyed bases.
    Only way I can think of to get round it is to build underground and/or not make a forum post of it :'(

8. Unless it was an admin, which it wasn't, no one has ever been to my base, that was something I learned very early on. I have never warped anyone there, I have never told anyone coords, I have never even let on a general direction or distance from spawn. I built in common biomes so I could post pictures without giving to much away.

I promise you, I got unlucky, someone found it. It happens... every map.

-yelloms

9. I needed to move on after the raid so I built this a temp base, but it was such a pain to build it will probably end up being the center of my new place. It is my best attempt to copy Starbug from the TV show Red Dwarf, one of my favorites. This build is all my design which is why the proportions are a little off and the detail is lacking, but it was SUPPOSED to be a quick temp base. I will try to improve it as I go. Also forgive the Elytra pictures, my flying skills are lacking.

-image-
    -image-
    -image-
    -image-
    -image-
    -image-
    -image-
    -image-

Thanks for checking it out!

-yelloms

10. Thats so cool. Well done!

11. Dug a hole to to planet core! Or at least that is what I wanted it to look like, didn't come out quite as cool as I had hoped but it at least makes a good floor for my new base. I will NEVER build with black concrete ever again...

-image-
    -image-
    -image-
    -image-
    -image-

12. What's wrong with black concrete? Although it was a total pain when I used it in a statue build, I could not tell if i placed 1 or 2 or 3, lol

13. LAVA under several layers of red and orange glass might change the earth core look. Also a few well placed pistons under the lava on timers could create a bubblying / splashing effect. Just a thought.

14. black concrete is a nightmare - i whole heartedly agree with yelloms

15. All you space builders should get together! @Yelloms, @Slainte_Alainn @bgmg and build a spectacular space themed base.

16. @Tez1010 All you space builders should get together! @Yelloms, @Slainte_Alainn @bgmg and build a spectacular space themed base.

And put pics on the forums!

17. @humfrydog Lol this is a fantastic suggestion except it is already the case, the glow at the bottom is layered:

Lava
    Air
    Orange Glass
    Red Glass
    Orange
    Red
    Orange
    Red
    Red

Which was it's own nightmare. I will admit there are no pistons but its so hard to make out the lava through the glass that I think it might nullify the effect. I thought about using some yellow glass towards the center of the circle, but in my test world it just looked cheesy and obvious what I was trying.

or Sign Up to reply!