1. ‹ Older
  2. 5 years ago

@Zaper8 The Peaceful rank could be on an automated timer that resets if said player kills another. Like, if Player 1 doesn't kill anyone for (x) ticks then they get the Peaceful rank, but if Player 1 kills someone the rank gets removed and the timer resets.

The staff wouldn't even have to play a role in this, it simply means that a player with the Peaceful rank isn't running around trying to kill players.

What about tp traping and tnt killing? there are ways to kill someone without it being tied to your name

3. @Zaper8 The Peaceful rank could be on an automated timer that resets if said player kills another. Like, if Player 1 doesn't kill anyone for (x) ticks then they get the Peaceful rank, but if Player 1 kills someone the rank gets removed and the timer resets.

The staff wouldn't even have to play a role in this, it simply means that a player with the Peaceful rank isn't running around trying to kill players.

Also what if the player was head farming someone with their permission? I think removing their rank should work on reports

4. @FieryPhoenix64 Also what if the player was head farming someone with their permission? I think removing their rank should work on reports

I understand the issue with head farming conflicting with my proposed peaceful rank, however that would be a risk someone would have to be willing to take, perhaps kills in the .pvp area wouldn't count or something.

5. Or they could just get a list of cords to go to bases with another account, false sense of security that would be hard to fairly enforce.

6. @SadFeeling At that point just find a safe survival server lol

You're right, I think its time for CraftyMynes to start the long awaited transition to a land claim server. That way players no longer have to worry about raiders and griefers. Protecting your goodies from others with claimed land is a great feature.

7. Edited 5 years ago by FieryPhoenix64

@iwarriiori You're right, I think its time for CraftyMynes to start the long awaited transition to a land claim server. That way players no longer have to worry about raiders and griefers. Protecting your goodies from others with claimed land is a great feature.

No, because then you're lured into a false sense of security then someone breaks in to your base with tnt cannons and creepers, blows up your chests then runs off with the good stuff, leavibg the rest to despawn.
    Speaking from personal experience here

8. ... warrior is trolling you, we're a vanilla server, there is not land claiming ability -_-

9. @iwarriiori You're right, I think its time for CraftyMynes to start the long awaited transition to a land claim server. That way players no longer have to worry about raiders and griefers. Protecting your goodies from others with claimed land is a great feature.

But then how are we going to purge the defaults?!

10. @SadFeeling But then how are we going to purge the defaults?!

Perhaps the most efficient way to purge the defaults is not by killing them and destroying their bases, but is by buying them all VIP so that they are no longer "default"

11. Edited 5 years ago by SadFeeling

@Zaper8 Perhaps the most efficient way to purge the defaults is not by killing them and destroying their bases, but is by buying them all VIP so that they are no longer "default"

getting off tipic abit but, yeah if you got the diamonds i got the cash ;)

12. @FieryPhoenix64 No, because then you're lured into a false sense of security then someone breaks in to your base with tnt cannons and creepers, blows up your chests then runs off with the good stuff, leavibg the rest to despawn.
    Speaking from personal experience here

That’s a good point, you’ll need to have regenerating walls surrounding your base to prevent tnt cannoners.

13. @iwarriiori That’s a good point, you’ll need to have regenerating walls surrounding your base to prevent tnt cannoners.

Or just a load of obby. Anyway, if this server went to land claim, which it wont, then Ill just move to a different server.

14. @FieryPhoenix64 Or just a load of obby. Anyway, if this server went to land claim, which it wont, then Ill just move to a different server.

But with it being a land claim server everyone would have the peaceful rank by default!

15. @SadFeeling getting off tipic abit but, yeah if you got the diamonds i got the cash ;)

How many diamonds are we talking here?

16. Edited 5 years ago by SadFeeling

ill make a seperate post on friday night, aslong as thats not breaking any rules, @CraftyMyner

17. Edited 5 years ago by GrandpaCarl00

I find most of this nonsensical TBH, people can change allegiances all the time, and many players who claim to be ''peaceful'' isn't against in participating in specific activities; and it is very easy to mole with this- there's way too much to trouble with going through something like this, and fully knowing who's ''peaceful'' or whatever takes the fun and mystery out of vanilla servers- you're not supposed to know who's 100% trustful, or who isn't; vanilla is all about taking risk and I feel like this would take away from that.

Fair reminder that CM is a griefing and raiding server, which is something people seem to forget. You don't need something to hold your hand.

18. @SadFeeling ill make a seperate post on friday night, aslong as thats not breaking any rules, @CraftyMyner

?

19. Is it allowed to sell ranks?

@CraftyMyner ?

20. @SadFeeling Is it allowed to sell ranks?

Yes, quite a few have done it!

or Sign Up to reply!