AFK Rules Clarification

1. last year

Lifelongstew & I wrote a script for AFK fishing using a Linux utility called xdotool to do the key presses & mouse clicks etc. which is a system I used way back when to run long distances on the nether roof & AFK overnight etc.

Reading the rules (for the first time in years) I see external programs are no longer permitted so extended AFK (beyond the game inactivity timeout) is effectively banned?

Makes sense - continuous farming is an advantage. Not arguing. Just making sure I know the limits.

2. You'll have to get clarification from staff to be sure, but I think the answer to this question hinges on the external software question. Most farms are allowed on CraftyMynes even afk fishing farms, but software programs including macro software are not allowed. For example, it's my understanding that, remapping mouse right click to the up arrow and placing a D-cell battery on your keyboard is okay. You can be eating soup and watching hands free. But doing the same thing by use of a macro isn't allowed. The extended AFK is limited anyway since the server reboots every two hours.

3. @TimmyBoyT You'll have to get clarification from staff to be sure, but I think the answer to this question hinges on the external software question. Most farms are allowed on CraftyMynes even afk fishing farms, but software programs including macro software are not allowed. For example, it's my understanding that, remapping mouse right click to the up arrow and placing a D-cell battery on your keyboard is okay. You can be eating soup and watching hands free. But doing the same thing by use of a macro isn't allowed. The extended AFK is limited anyway since the server reboots every two hours.

This is correct. Any program (or etc) to press buttons or execute commands for you is not allowed. Physically putting a heavy object on your W key is allowed.

4. Gotchya. Glad I asked. Was planning on reviving my auto-login after restart script as a minimum. Constant frequency repeat of a single operation up to a restart boundary is the expression - its impossible to tell how a person achieves that but it is the same as taping down your mouse button, putting a battery on a remapped key etc.

I think an AFK pool sounds more fun with the same effect. Never made one - will give it a go.

Bit of a shame as Lifelongstews program was pretty cool. It did a bit of image processing to figure out when to pull the rod back. Worked really well. Will not be using it - too awesome a server to get banned from.

or Sign Up to reply!