Post a Reply

Server Stagnation

1. 6 years ago

From the point of view of a long-term player that's stayed active, I don't think the community is stagnating. I see new players join and make new groups and mini-communities every day. CraftyMyne's community isn't dying, but going through a change. One filled with new, younger players. This isn't a new phenomenon either, and not just on this server. I've watched the active player base change a few times. Players grow older and taste change. The same applies to younger generations.

2. I think we need to switch away from a commodity currency to a fiat currency!

people only trade in diamonds because they can use the diamonds themselves

where as if we switched to emeralds. players an only use emeralds if they trade with other players or computers!

so if we switched to using emeralds for all trades it would encourage player participation!

a switch from a commodity currency to a fiat currency would cause the server to appear more active!

3. Really haven't noticed any decrease in the community for the 11ish months I've been here. I'd say there are times when the server is more active due to various ongoings in-game, but I really haven't seen a drop in the playerbase. Gotta agree with Vene and Dawn here.

This thread has already derailed into reset discussions, which is another topic in itself, but no, I wouldn't say there has been any sort of massive decline in playerbase that hasn't echoed the popularity of Minecraft as a whole.