Edited 5 years ago by GrandpaCarl00

IGN:

GrandpaCarl00

16, turning 17 in late August

Timezone:

EST/ Eastern Standard Time

Strengths

There's a fair bit of myself that a lot of staff, and many players don't regularly see which- While I'm known for my shitposting and regular memeing, in 100% truth, and others can back it up, that I'm a very, very collected and relaxed person that doesn't let all chaos break loose and I hopefully find myself easy for others to talk with a wide variety of problems, whenever it'd be disputes between people or personal issues.

I view myself as a mediator and remain entirely unbiased in situations with the information I research and gathered, I don't cut slack even for people I'm close with and over all else, prefer giving a completely honest opinion, while I am very diplomatic and tend to hear both sides of the problem, I definitionally don't let myself be a pushover or a yesmen to others. I am quick to state my feelings on a situation and quick to deliver judgment; in the sense of the server, I am quick to call out when people break rules and chat, and with players, I genuinely do like to help others and I'm quite an earnest and relatively person at the core, on numerous accounts i've helped specific over the course of the last 2 maps- I like being a good sport and helping others when I can!

I'm not the type to give up on others and I prove to be quite hardy and persistent; I like assisting something or performing a specific task until its done, settled, or resolved. As a helper, I would be very efficient to quickly solve problems in the fairest way possible and with as little bumps in the road as possible and would show no hesitation to tell someone how it is and enforce rules if there's a point where a helper can no longer be of assistance I would quickly to try to get a mod or admin as quick as I possibly can, if a problem goes to the point where it extends outside my range of control.

On other notes, as a helper, as of right now I have almost grotesque amounts of free time and I'm usually on many hours of a day, and even when school comes around I'll typically be on most of the time after school hours- I manage! I also would give updates to higher-ranking staff in the case of certain events arise that would prevent me from playing for specifics amounts of time or if I am going to suddenly going to have my amount of activity ingame be constricted due to events, as a staff member of any kind, I value the importance of giving updates when needed.

Having communication is efficient and crucial to having a healthy moderation team.

On other notes, I tend to remain very organized with people and tend to quickly sort various things out- also, I am not the type to hold beef or drama with people for unruly amounts of time and to let it affect the flow of things, dwelling on the past constantly and holding grudges is 100% counter-productive and doesn't get things done! I like to look forward to the future, not stay sick on the past and have it mold me as a person, many years ago that was the case and I can confidently say that's not healthy for any person whatsoever and I don't wish to return to that state.

Weaknesses

I am not perfect. No one in the world, CM, or anyone, in general, isn't perfect, which includes myself. We are all human and we make mistakes- and typically, we learn from them; I am bringing this up as may the fact may be as throughout all my time on CM I have stay out of rugged waters for the most part, but however with recent times, there has been things that has made the ''Plot Thicken. '' However, despite it being because of a variety of things, I believe one thing should not entirely define a person and for that case, an application such as this- As ironically and cliched it may seem, I believe second chances are a thing for most people. However, on other things..

I deal with various mental issues personally, while I don't vent my issues publicly or others, I deal with anxiety problems, of and off depression, and insomia. My health tends to have very unpredictable ups and downs and with that, it can prove to be very moody. I have a tendency to worry a little to much, and definitionally overthink things too much. While aware of my surroundings, depending on what I am feeling I can become increasingly more self-conscious and paranoid which can prove to make me more socially awkward then I usually am. This can also go hand in hand with my motivation at times.

I'm also an introvert and tend to be more reserved, I don't actively start conversations and I usually only chime in to what others say, or say something whenever I am feeling for it, or when I am needed or deem important it, as a helper I'd like the coach that doesn't says much and sits on the sidelines, but will step in and talk when needed, always watching over typically- something like that! I am capable of normal conversation and people skills, just not a super constant one though.

One of my arguably biggest weaknesses is that I consider myself annoying at times due to how I am, and the fact I can prove be way to honest at time and can be notably and with of a history of being dense to people's feelings or true thoughts- I have a tendency to push emotions aside at times to solve an issue and usually, It's much later depending on said thing that I notice what is going on. I've had to people point out specific things for me sometimes in the past before I finally catch on, however, this is rare.

Why are you applying?

I simply would like to throw in more of a helping, active hand in keeping the chats clean! This server has really helped me during my low times and I've met some rad people on here during my 3ish years on CM. While I was on during 2016, I was largely inactive re and didn't participate in the community and was mostly afk at a zombie grinder until the 2016 reset, I became only active at the direct end of 2016 and my presence known early 2017. I love this server and would see nothing but the good and well-being of it, and I'd love to play more of an active role in maintaining that. However, I only wish to become a helper and nothing more ; I really like the aspect of raiding, building, and all the other ongoings in the server- I like playing survival!

Time on CM

Pre-late 2016 reset - I'm honestly not sure, but I'd like to say 15mil+ ticks

1.12 map - around 30mil ticks

1.13 map, spread on mainly two accounts - 5-6ish mil

Thank you for reading my app and I hope you consider me!