ThePhoenix's Ban Appeal

1. 4 years ago
    Edited 4 years ago by ThePhoenix

In Game Name: The Phoenix
    Reason for your ban: "Greifing spawn/ cheating in parkour"
    Why should you be unbanned: Well first off I showed and told Gib I put a nether portal at the cords of the parkour and he said "I know what it does, go ahead." So I thought nothing of it and didn't say anything else, simply because he didn't care. I think it was a little extreme to ban me over something so trivial and small... All it did was add a Nether portal to the parkour and that's it, no blocks were broken and there was not really any way to "cheat" on the parkour bc of the barrier blocks anyways... I get that I was messing around and shouldn't have done it but I legit showed Gibsonaxe what I did before I even went through.... Wish he would've just told me to not do that instead of perm banning me... I won't use it anymore but yeah...

Oh and to add on to this... Ronjob never got banned for graveling spawn, or ruining the end spawn multiple times so I think getting banned over this is especially unfair tbh...

[21:25:28] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <[VIP+] ThePhoenix> tp to me
    [21:25:33] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <JSlone> yo pixelooo
    [21:25:34] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <[Admin] GibsonAxe> sup
    [21:25:34] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <Tuyuie> .tp TomTom900
    [21:25:37] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <[VIP+] ThePhoenix> tp to me gib
    [21:25:38] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [ChatFilter]: Please watch the: Send Rate
    [21:25:43] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <pixelguy12> .trade
    [21:25:46] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [MVP] shepherda joined the game
    [21:25:47] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] Jahhn left the game
    [21:25:48] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <[VIP+] ThePhoenix> go through
    [21:25:49] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] Jahhn joined the game
    [21:25:49] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <[VIP+] ThePhoenix> lol
    [21:25:50] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] VagueVoice joined the game
    [21:26:09] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <[VIP] TomTom900> .spawn
    [21:26:09] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <[Admin] GibsonAxe> ik what it does lol we tested it before making it

^This was me telling gib about the nether portal on the 11th and his response

It won’t let me post a response so Gibson I wasn’t trying to “put words in your mouth” but you said it wouldn’t work so why would it matter. I told you and showed you, it’s not my fault you told me it wouldn’t work... it’s not like my sole purpose was to break it. Plus there’s no way to cheat anyways because of the way y’all have it set up, regardless I got banned 3-4 days after the fact that it happened... you knew I did it... I won’t do it again but still don’t see a reason why I would get banned over something so small especially when it’s my first “major” offense where as Ron had been banned multiple times and actually greifed spawn.
    I also SHOWED YOU WHAT I DID before I did it... so I find it funny you said “at any point did you stop and think about it” because yes yes I did when I tped you. But like I already said and you said... “ we already thought of that when we built it”

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    I understand now the impact of what I done and how it could've ruined hard work too, I did want to point out that I did show Gibson though and when he disregarded it I didn't think anything of it... My intentions were not to ruin the game or anything. Just wish could've gotten a lesser punishment than a more than one day ban...

2. At no point did i say "go ahead",dont try to twist what i wrote to convenience you, what i said was we tested portals to prevent such things, which i thought we had but turned out to have been overlooked at the time,this also doesnt excuse the fact that you knowingly did something that could have and did grief a structure we have in place and did it to try to cheat the parkour whether you were able to do so or not doesnt matter what does was the attempt.Also Ron got a very stern warning many players are aware of the warning including you and you still went ahead and did this. Theres a basic rule of thumb one should follow and that is think before you act, at any point did you stop to consider if this would get you in trouble before doing it?
    Anyhow the ban time is for the one that banned you they will reply when they get the chance

3. Edited 4 years ago by CraftyMyner

Hello,

It was me that banned you.

The parkour took me nearly two months to build, Crafty time to import it into this map, and me a further couple of days to rework the commands for the new coordinates. Many players have been enjoying the parkour and Crafty and I have been working on a system to have a leader board for it.

When i found a portal in the middle of the parkour and that portal was clearly part of an effort to cheat the parkour I felt that this did merit a temporary ban.

As for you thought it was safe to do - if there was a protective portal then there was no point using it and if there wasn't you would have known there was a risk it could break parkour. Luckily for you it landed in a relatively minor place. It could have landed right in the middle of the command blocks that run parkour in which case it would have had to be closed for a while and taken me quite some time to restore and test.

Please make a post showing that you understand the impact of what you did and I will respond appropriately.

Regards Tez

4. @ThePhoenix I also SHOWED YOU WHAT I DID before I did it... so I find it funny you said “at any point did you stop and think about it” because yes yes I did when I tped you. But like I already said and you said... “ we already thought of that when we built it”

This isnt quite true,
    these are the logs from when you made the portal and sethome at it

[19:21:47] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <ThePhoenix> lol
    [19:21:50] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <ThePhoenix> welp
    [19:21:53] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <ThePhoenix> was worth a shot
    [19:22:32] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <ThePhoenix> I tried to outsmart yall
    [19:22:35] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <ThePhoenix> but I failed
    [19:24:05] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <ThePhoenix> I gotta say gib
    [19:24:11] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <ThePhoenix> yall outsmarted me
    [19:24:23] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <[Admin] GibsonAxe> what i do
    [19:24:40] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <ThePhoenix> I tried to nether in to the parkour so I could use epearls XD
    [19:25:00] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <ThePhoenix> but yall are smarter and made it so it auto tps you to the thing

This is right before the logs you provided where you ask me to tp and shows you had already made the attempt before showing it to me.

5. Thank you for accepting that what you did had an impact.

Gibson was unaware that the protective portal wasn't in place and had got overlooked in bringing parkour forward from the last map. As you have tried to pass on some of the blame for your action on to others and no apology was included I will set your pardon to three days from now.

Had you apologised straight away and taken responsibility for your actions your ban would have been significantly shorter.

Regards Tez

6. Coupled with the behaviour on discord and since apparently you "dont care" and are immensely too dense to understand what you did wrong, this will be a permanent ban, you can email put owner for an appeal. Good luck

owner@craftymynes.com

or Sign Up to reply!