Minecraft 1.10

1. 8 years ago

I recently saw the new snapshot released for 1.10 and was excited about it potentially releasing much quicker than 1.9; however, the first worry that came to mind was transferring the our Craftymynes map over to the new update or potentially a reset. Any insight on the future would be greatly appreciated and would put me at ease, or at least allow me to plan for the future.

Thank you,
    -Yelloms

2. It doesn't look like they are making any massive/game breaking changes. We won't be resetting anytime soon.

3. I wouldn't mind a reset i think it would be fun to start over anyone else agree?

4. @FlyingNarwhal_ I wouldn't mind a reset i think it would be fun to start over anyone else agree?

No.

5. No thank you. I've put a lot of work into my current base after I was raided the first time.

6. Thank you Crafty, for the quick response. That's good to hear too, feels like a few months is to early for a reset.

-yelloms

7. Edited 8 years ago by Captain_Mitchell

Not many big changes just adding new mobs. And a frozen biome.

8. The nether is getting an interesting new block, but not interesting enough for a reset in my opinion. Especially since it is craftable.

9. And a new like skeleton mob. Not sure lol

10. criaotic

19 May 2016 Suspended

Fuck yeah polar bears.

11. @ORCA_Gnome Fuck yeah polar bears.

Get coca cola on the phone.

12. If there's a new biome being added then a reset might actually be necessary.
    New biomes don't generate in old worlds.
    At least, I don't think so??

13. New biomes do generate in old worlds, so long as the chunk hasnt been loaded before.
    So if you go to a spot no one has been before it will generate in 1.10

Really though, this is probably a long way off and there is piles of unexplored terrority.

14. All the overworld chucks have been loaded by crafty. I for one dont fancy another rest so soon

15. @MagnaOpera All the overworld chucks have been loaded by crafty. I for one dont fancy another rest so soon

Thats incorrect.
    We couldnt possibly do so, it would take weeks and stress the server.

What we did is loaded most of the chunks within 10k~

16. I did the math, it would be about 970gb to load the whole map, not something I want to do. I only loaded up to 10k in each direction, to make random tp's less laggy.

17. I am excited for 1.10 as the next guy, but seems like 1.9 just happened lol. I am glad to hear that reseting is not a current plan. :)

18. Can we get a percentage of chunks yet to be discovered?

19. About 95%

20. 7 years ago

wow

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!