Scavenger Hunt!

1. ‹ Older
  2. 7 years ago

uh guys im too stupid to figure this riddle out but heres what I found:
    Hermes is the messenger to Apollo and is related to Pandora box, as well as the "dozen" which I have found to been the gods of Olympus.(heremes is also an Olympian)

hepaestus is the god of volcanoes etc(or the craters)

and the three siblings he is talking about is the moirai

based on this I can conclude that it is hidden along the lines of greek mythology. and Moirai are also fate so maybe finding this shrine depends on fate?

also the moirai is found to be related to Apollo in the illiad by Homer.

also the kingdom of the moira is the kingdom of the limit and the end

from that I gather that it may be on an end portal or at the word border

and in the illiad appolo tries to stop patroculous in front of the walls of troy three times, and we commonly say "end dungeon" which is kind of a fortress.

anyways pls share the reward with me if I helped you out(im broke)

of course many of this may be off topic but that's what I found

3. @PenguinMytyMJ Theres a raven base? O_o see i dont think the riddle has anything to do with wjere peoples bases are because then people like me simply wont ever find it and thats unfair

A raven base? Caw?

4. psst psst raven can you bribe your brother with lots of [b] [/b] chocolate and candy to tell me the place of this?

5. Edited 7 years ago by Dannysharks

I feel like i need to clarify that
    A child of the dozen
    Is not referring to the 12 Olympians. I completely forgot about them to be honest xD
    It refers to a different, older group

6. @Dannysharks It refers to a different, older group

I know this! I gave up after not begin able to figure it out but Im going to give it another try :P

7. Shrine 1

Congrats @CovertRaw and @wblaine128 for finding the first shrine!
    -image-

8. and the answer to the riddle was...

9. does anyone want to team up with me for this? :o

10. Edited 7 years ago by Dannysharks

Without going into too much detail..
    The riddle told you to walk east from spawn
    Ta-da

In detail:
    From your birth you go against her wishes
    Whilst her brother roars in laughter,
    At the craters she creates

The first sibling is mentioned here. Her name is Selene, the titan goddess of the moon. In mythology she travels across the sky each night in her chariot as the moon, which is why it moves. Your birth refers to the servers spawn itself, the starting point.
    Her brother is the titan god of the sun, Helios. It lets you know the family and allowed you to figure out which siblings they are and what they do
    The final line only serves to make sure you know the first sibling is Selene, as craters refer to the ones you'd find on the moon

Travelling to where the final sibling resides
    She, A child of the dozen,
    Watches your journey, Peaceful and reserved

The final sibling is called Eos and she is the Titan Goddess of dawn. That, as well as the first line tell you to travel east, against the moon/sun cycle and to where dawn is.
    The second line refers to the 12 titans. Her father is called Hyperion, or The High One
    The last line really just serves to keep the pacing within it

Perhaps Pandora's box was empty after all
    As you, messenger of Apollo, approach the three siblings

You are nothing but hope
    Pandoras box more serves a over arching theme of this hunt more than anything else. It does however inform you of what context you should be thinking of when thinking over the rest of the riddle
    The mention of Apollo existed with the same purpose of Pandoras box. As he is the god of many things, including the sun however i was using it as a subtle nudge towards what you should be looking for. It also made sure you knew it was exactly three siblings, in case you couldnt get it from the older parts.
    The last line is more for effect and adding to the overarching theme more than anything else

11. Ok, Danny, for the love of god explain the riddle XD The ONLY part I THINK i'm getting is the first 3 lines, but for real, my brain hurts. k plz thanks.

12. @Dannysharks From your birth you go against her wishes

I immediately took this to mean "head towards negative x from spawn".
    In other words, I went west like a big dummy.

Is the first part referring to the sun/moon?

13. I just did ^-^
    Riddle explained
    Mic Drop
    I love this more than I should...

14. How does one simply solve the riddle

15. @Qfu How does one simply solve the riddle

I don't know man, idk...

16. @Dannysharks I just did ^-^
    Riddle explained
    Mic Drop
    I love this more than I should...

I kinda wanna strangle you XD i want to know the formulation behind this riddle, there's more to it than "it says to go east"

17. I explained it line by line on the same post, just edited

In detail:
    From your birth you go against her wishes
    Whilst her brother roars in laughter,
    At the craters she creates
    The first sibling is mentioned here. Her name is Selene, the titan goddess of the moon. In mythology she travels across the sky each night in her chariot as the moon, which is why it moves. Your birth refers to the servers spawn itself, the starting point.
    Her brother is the titan god of the sun, Helios. It lets you know the family and allowed you to figure out which siblings they are and what they do
    The final line only serves to make sure you know the first sibling is Selene, as craters refer to the ones you'd find on the moon

Travelling to where the final sibling resides
    She, A child of the dozen,
    Watches your journey, Peaceful and reserved
    The final sibling is called Eos and she is the Titan Goddess of dawn. That, as well as the first line tell you to travel east, against the moon/sun cycle and to where dawn is.
    The second line refers to the 12 titans. Her father is called Hyperion, or The High One
    The last line really just serves to keep the pacing within it

Perhaps Pandora's box was empty after all
    As you, messenger of Apollo, approach the three siblings

You are nothing but hope
    Pandoras box more serves a over arching theme of this hunt more than anything else. It does however inform you of what context you should be thinking of when thinking over the rest of the riddle
    The mention of Apollo existed with the same purpose of Pandoras box. As he is the god of many things, including the sun however i was using it as a subtle nudge towards what you should be looking for. It also made sure you knew it was exactly three siblings, in case you couldnt get it from the older parts.
    The last line is more for effect and adding to the overarching theme more than anything else

18. I spent hours of my life dissecting this riddle, pulling it in so many ways and coming up with so many possible solutions, researching Greek mythology, discussing my theories with others, and at one point or another, I let myself believe for a second that maybe it was super simple and i could just walk East or West from spawn, as I figured it obviously had something to do with the sun and moon and their rising or setting, but then i would think to myself, there's no way it could ever be that simple as to just walk straight East from spawn, that's way too easy! So in a way, it would have been easy to find by chance, but the riddle was so well put together that going east seemed the farthest possible answer. Bravo to the guys who actually solved it.

19. OMG how are people so smart ><

Anyway next one Danny?? this is exciting.

20. Is the dragon head east? Nomatter what direction i went from spawn id die after about 500 blocks

21. Lol

or Sign Up to reply!