Minecraft Version 1.9 and the state of CraftyMynes

1. ‹ Older
  2. 8 years ago

Also don't make the spawn end portal active until the enderdragon has been slain once via stronghold entrance you know so we can still have the race to kill the dragon at the start of the map

3. Well, you're not going to lose anything regarding 1.8, but I will keep the end portal down until the first dragon has been slayn. Elytra's may be given out for a large amount of votes or as a rare slot machine item, but thats not set in stone.

4. @darktyui Can we please get updates and at least 1-2 days notice before the new 1.9 server comes up?

This IS a notice.

5. Now THIS is exciting :)

6. @CraftyMyner As of now, we will be giving at least a week of notice after mojang tells us the release date before we make any changes regarding 1.9.

I want to reiterate my appreciation for this, and that I'm looking forward to specific enough info that I can ask for time off from work.

7. @CraftyMyner Elytra's may be given out for a large amount of votes or as a rare slot machine item, but thats not set in stone.

Large amount of votes seems reasonable.

8. Yeah, I like it because you can't get more then a fixed rate of votes a day, this would make it just as easy to get for a new player with no base as a player with a massive base and farms.

9. @CraftyMyner Yeah, I like it because you can't get more then a fixed rate of votes a day, this would make it just as easy to get for a new player with no base as a player with a massive base and farms.

10 votes sounds reasonable, 5 days of voting on both voting sites.

10. I cannot wait to see new spawn! Maybe we can turn it into a sort of competition? Players can design their own Spawn and the one the admins like the best will be incorporated into the new server. Idk just throwing
    ideas out there.

11. The new spawn is 99% done, we are just doing finishing touches and final testing.

12. @SharpShot925 10 votes sounds reasonable, 5 days of voting on both voting sites.

This is a one-of-a-kind item that you can only get from the End after killing the dragon and exploring. A month of votes minimum.

13. Edited 8 years ago by Valgys

While I like the idea of starting new, this kinda makes me sad in that our community is probably going to be split between the servers. Not that the answers will affect my decision, I had two general questions:

1. Will the anticipated reduction in lag/efficiency in data control translate to a larger map (250K x 250k or even 1M x 1M)?

2. What do you think of players that move to the new server getting something to show their history with Crafty Mynes and a consolation item for starting new again? Like a unique, named trophy or something that we can put in our new base.

14. Im calling the 1.8 server legacy because its not really meant to be something that players would make their home, its just an archive that allows the players to access and finish their builds. As far as a prize goes, we have had just shy of 100k players on the old server, to store some database of them so we can give prizes would be ridiculous. I don't really know if something like that would happen.

15. we are going to keep at 100k, this will hopefully reduce the lag and keep our world size down, so when the next release comes around, we don't feel pressured into starting with a fresh map.

16. @FlashFood This is a one-of-a-kind item that you can only get from the End after killing the dragon and exploring. A month of votes minimum.

Dude, thats WAY to much. All these wings do is allow you to glide around. I think it should be 15 votes, if Elytras are even going to be sold for votes.

17. @BoneChi11er Dude, thats WAY to much. All these wings do is allow you to glide around. I think it should be 15 votes, if Elytras are even going to be sold for votes.

Its rare item though.
    Its not really survival if you can just buy every rare item rock bottom cheap at spawn.

I agree with the 30 vote price personally.

18. I like this vote idea for elytra.

19. It sounds like staff is doing an incredible amount of work right now. I just want to say thanks.

20. @Blackened_Dawn This IS a notice.

No I mean once you guys get the server ready you give an exact time and date for when it will come up so its fair for everyone to start at the same time

21. That's not how it works dark.

22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!