Question on actions.

1. 7 years ago

Can I get an opinion from all of you on the forums? This something that happened to me earlier, And I haven't yet figured out how I should be reacting to it. (As I'm not an asshat I won't include the other players name, I shall replace it with caw) This isn't a trolling thread, just me wondering if I am in the wrong here.
    I also understand that people troll, and if this had occurred due to someone trolling, I wouldn't say a word, but the person I was talking to seemed serious in the dealings.

I'll go with logs (I'll keep them to the convo only) as otherwise it'll just be biased. I also won't comment on it other than to provide info, Otherwise it'd be biased as well.

Some background, Someone wanted to buy the coords to an ocean monument, This is what happened, I'll jump tp where the discussion that concerns this started, I was selling 2 sets of coords in rtp range fyi:

[19:57:42] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] You whisper to caw: When I passed them, Elder guardians attack, At time of coords.
    [19:58:07] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] caw whispers to you: how long ago did you see these monuments?
    [19:58:34] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] caw whispers to you: and what would be your price for the coords?
    19:58:40] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] You whisper to caw: One, A while back so it's probably gone, another a few says ago
    [19:59:01] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] caw whispers to you: so one is likely good and the other a maybe
    [19:59:11] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] You whisper to caw: Pretty much
    [19:59:29] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] caw whispers to you: what do you think a fair price would be?
    [20:02:06] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] caw whispers to you: how does 6 emerald blocks sound for the coords?
    [20:02:07] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] You whisper to caw: Anyways, I'm not sure what a good price would be for them, and of course they would
    [20:02:20] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] You whisper to caw: be dependent on the places being unraided.
    [20:02:50] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] caw whispers to you: how does 6 emerald blocks sound?
    [20:03:26] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] You whisper to caw: For both?
    [20:03:33] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] caw whispers to you: yes
    [20:05:36] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] You whisper to caw: Would you mind me giving them to you tomorrow via a forum pm?
    [20:06:10] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] caw whispers to you: nah, i would want the coords now, if you can give me them now i'll give you 10
    [20:06:46] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] You whisper to caw: I'd prefer tomorrow as going through my files would take quite a bit of time.
    [20:07:14] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] caw whispers to you: That maybe so, but my concern is they will be raided
    [20:10:08] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] caw whispers to you: so a no go then?
    [20:10:21] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] You whisper to caw: No thank you. Sorry.
    [20:10:41] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] caw whispers to you: ah, just wasting my time. I will remember.
    [20:11:06] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] You whisper to caw: I wasn't intending to waste your time. But its a case of I don't like being pushed,
    [20:11:32] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] You whisper to caw: and for the record, I dislike "I will remember" as it insuniates a sort of threat.
    [20:12:07] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <caw> Buying TheDunmerRaven coords. Will pay 64 emerald blocks!!
    [20:12:42] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <TheDunmerRaven> I doubt thats serious xD Caw.
    [20:12:54] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <caw> It's very serious
    [20:13:13] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <TheDunmerRaven> Sarcasm doesn't come out well in text sadly.
    [20:16:04] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] You whisper to caw: Just to be certain, That was sarcastic? I find it difficult to tell over text.
    [20:20:45] [Client thread/INFO]: Stopping!

[20:27:57] [Client thread/INFO]: Connecting to mc.craftymynes.com , 25565
    [20:29:31] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] caw whispers to you: I don't like being trolled.
    [20:29:41] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] You whisper to caw: I never trolled you.
    [20:30:18] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] caw whispers to you: Well, lets see. You reply saying you have coords, then you say it would take a
    [20:30:27] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] caw whispers to you: day to get the coords.
    [20:30:42] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] caw whispers to you: Sounds like a run around to me
    [20:31:06] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] You whisper to caw: Would you like to know why I wanted to give it a day? Because I have big exams to
    [20:31:27] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] You whisper to caw: study for, I shouldn't be on minecraft and it will take at least half an hour to
    [20:31:49] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] caw whispers to you: common bud. You click a file on your computer and open whatever file you put
    [20:31:54] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] You whisper to caw: find the actual coords since I take a lot of screenshots. That, is why I wanted to
    [20:31:55] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] caw whispers to you: it in.
    2:00] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] You whisper to caw: wait a day.
    [20:32:31] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] caw whispers to you: Tell you what. If you provide the coords tomorrow. And at lest one of them is
    [20:32:45] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] caw whispers to you: unraided. I'll owe you a big apology
    [20:33:16] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] You whisper to caw: Not happening now, Sorry but look at your behaviour, You have threatened me, you
    [20:33:33] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] caw whispers to you: Like is said a troll
    [20:33:37] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] You whisper to caw: tried to buy my coords and I've realised that is serious. Even worse is when I
    [20:33:58] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] You whisper to caw: should be trying to keep emotionally stable, you treat me like a piece of shit.
    [20:34:08] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] caw whispers to you: i don't like being trolled
    [20:34:15] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] caw whispers to you: and you trolled
    [20:34:16] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] You whisper to caw: Why should I provide you with anything after how you have just treated me?
    [20:34:35] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] caw whispers to you: you have no coords
    [20:34:48] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] You whisper to caw: And for the record I don't troll, and I try my best to be nice to those I meet as i
    [20:34:53] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] caw whispers to you: you trolled and now you want to try to sound like some sweet inocent peron
    [20:35:14] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] You whisper to caw: hope to be treated kindly in return. I often wouldn't charge such things to people
    [20:35:29] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] caw whispers to you: didn't stop you from asking for a price did it?
    [20:35:42] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] You whisper to caw: I am friendly with. Yes I have coords, I travel a lot, It's natural I would come
    [20:36:06] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] caw whispers to you: you say all of this, but it comes down to proof.
    [20:36:10] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] You whisper to caw: across some. But as a seller I have the right to refuse to sell. And I ask for a
    [20:36:22] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] You whisper to caw: price in order to consider selling.
    [20:36:36] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] caw whispers to you: why would you reply if you weren't going to give me the coords?
    [20:37:06] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] caw whispers to you: have yo uever had a deal with someone in this game and said wait until tomorrow?
    [20:37:07] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] You whisper to caw: To get an enquiry on the price and then consider selling, If it was worth more to
    [20:37:18] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] You whisper to caw: keep the coords thenthere is no point in selling.
    [20:37:47] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] caw whispers to you: but you just said you were likely going to give them for free?
    [20:37:58] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] caw whispers to you: you switch your story
    [20:38:29] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] caw whispers to you: Like i said before. You are a troll. I will remember.
    [20:39:34] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] You whisper to caw: I am no troll, You are leveling false accusations in order to force me to give you
    [20:39:42] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] You whisper to caw: the coords. That is coercion.
    [20:40:02] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] caw whispers to you: all i have stated is what you have said bud
    [20:40:06] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] You whisper to caw: To me it's simple, I won't trade with someone who is going to act in the way that
    [20:40:19] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] caw whispers to you: and i don't deal with trolls
    [20:40:31] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] You whisper to caw: you have. And if you need proof, I can always get Danny to confirm it.
    [20:40:31] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] caw whispers to you: take your childish games elsewhere
    [20:41:06] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] You whisper to caw: I have been trying to deal with you politely when you have been constantly insultin
    [20:41:19] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] You whisper to caw: g me and threatening me, I don't really like that.
    [20:41:51] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] caw whispers to you: I will remember is a threat? All it ment was i would never deal with you again!
    [20:42:08] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <caw> you flip flop like a fish
    (This was posted, I only saw it now in the logs and I don't know if it's relevant)
    [20:42:22] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] You whisper to caw: No, You tried to buy my base coords, then once I tried to explain you went of and
    [20:42:44] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] caw whispers to you: your damn right i did, because you said i threatened you
    [20:42:46] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] You whisper to caw: acted in a way that I felt was similar to "Do what I want or else"
    [20:43:01] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] You whisper to caw: And I refused to sell due to that.
    [20:43:02] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] caw whispers to you: you said i threatened you
    [20:43:12] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] caw whispers to you: i never did
    [20:43:23] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] You whisper to caw: Need I get logs to prove this>
    [20:43:31] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] caw whispers to you: yes
    [20:43:43] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] You whisper to caw: Wonderful, I'll send them onto you.
    [20:43:56] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] caw whispers to you: great, because i never threatened you
    [20:44:17] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] caw whispers to you: all i said is i will remember, and it ment that i would never deal with you agai
    [20:44:35] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] You whisper to caw: "I will remember"is a threat.
    [20:44:43] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] caw whispers to you: n. Then you accused me of threatening you which pissed me of..
    [20:45:00] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] caw whispers to you: which is why i stated in chat i was buying your coords
    [20:45:09] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] You whisper to caw: Have you noticed I've been trying my best to be polite and explain and you're
    [20:45:13] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] You whisper to caw: getting pissed off?
    [20:45:37] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] caw whispers to you: You trolled
    [20:45:42] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] You whisper to caw: I did not troll.
    [20:45:50] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] caw whispers to you: i din't
    [20:46:07] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] caw whispers to you: and now you are the victim? really?
    [20:46:46] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] You whisper to caw: Actually now, I am, All this is due to one trade. I don't really want to be but
    [20:46:50] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] caw whispers to you: you take no responsablilty for your actions. Where as i take full responsiblity
    [20:46:52] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] You whisper to caw: that's what has happened.
    [20:47:10] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] You whisper to caw: I take full responsibility, Just as I have tried to explain my actions to you.
    [20:47:31] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] caw whispers to you: Go away troll. Like i said. I will remember.
    [20:48:05] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] You whisper to caw: I'll be sending you on those logs, Hopefully you'll understand more when you're
    [20:48:13] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] You whisper to caw: more level headed.
    [20:48:23] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] caw whispers to you: i have the same logs. Do not contact me again

So thats it all, So what I'm wondering here, Am I in the wrong here?
    This isn't a flaming post, Nor do I wish to cause trouble here. I am simply curious about this incident.

So what do you all think?

Caw.

2. The person that whispered you is an overreacting idiot because, for one thing, no exchange happened. A waste of time would imply that you gave them false coordinates, which never happened in the first place.

I will also add that you told them straight off the bat that it wasn't a guaranteed deal.

[19:58:40] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] You whisper to caw: One, A while back so it's probably gone, another a few says ago

No trade was done, only discussion, they flipped their shit. How old are they, 12? Jesus.

3. I completely agree with Dawn. Not sure what this guy thinks is a waste of time, but he spent all of three or four minutes talking with you before realizing the trade wasn't going to happen. Poor guy, took a few minutes talking to someone, what a waste of time!

"Do not contact me again." What does he think is gonna happen when he offers to buy the coords to someone's base? That they're just gonna sit back and not say anything? If he can't handle the confrontation then he's playing the WRONG game. And as Dawn said, the trade was never guaranteed from the start. He flips out like a spoiled brat when he doesn't get what he wants.

4. @Blackened_Dawn The person that whispered you is an overreacting idiot because, for one thing, no exchange happened. A waste of time would imply that you gave them false coordinates, which never happened in the first place.

I will also add that you told them straight off the bat that it wasn't a guaranteed deal.

[19:58:40] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] You whisper to caw: One, A while back so it's probably gone, another a few says ago

No trade was done, only discussion, they flipped their shit. How old are they, 12? Jesus.

Thank you, I was pretty curious about all of this and figured I'd ask.

5. Lol first off i feel really bad that you went through and replaced his name with"caw". All that work to protect some troll.
    Second like this guy seriously over reacted. I mean i think that if you over react that much it means something. Most likely he had no intent of trading with you, rather he was going to cheat you out of the coords or rip you off in some way. I mean any deal is not certain till the exchange. Ive had people back out of some deals before i mean it happen. That being said you were saying he would get the coords, so he just had to wait, what probably not even 24 hours. A very harsh response from said troll. Maybe instead of calling others a troll he should look in the mirror for the real troll.

6. @FishW i totally showed him how to change the name in like a minute xp

7. @Venetorem @FishW i totally showed him how to change the name in like a minute xp

Phew so he didnt spend hours that is a relief lol. Mind if inquire how?

8. past it in word, crtl+r, [players name], [caw], replace all

9. Nice thank you @Venetorem it is a good tip! :D

10. it's the same thing as crtl+f (find) but it just skips a step

who'da thunk that microsoft certification would come in handy xp

11. LOL, I know who this is referring to.

12. sush xp

13. I think I do too..he lives in a garden and sits there

14. @Venetorem @FishW i totally showed him how to change the name in like a minute xp

You showed me just after I had done it all by going through it.. Sad times.

15. I saw him attempt to buy your coords and was totallly unimpressed. Put him on my personal no trust list. Last time I had someone pestering me in chat I told them to stop in the public chat. This seemed to work.

You did nothing wrong - I read through most of the above and was amazed at your patience and politeness under duress. I hope very much in spite of this you still managed to do well in your exams.

16. @Tez1010 I saw him attempt to buy your coords and was totallly unimpressed. Put him on my personal no trust list. Last time I had someone pestering me in chat I told them to stop in the public chat. This seemed to work.

You did nothing wrong - I read through most of the above and was amazed at your patience and politeness under duress. I hope very much in spite of this you still managed to do well in your exams.

Thank you,
    And I will do well, Thank you again.

17. Deleted 7 years ago by r4iscool1

or Sign Up to reply!