How to Fix Creeper Mob Grief and Villager Breeding Problems

1. 7 years ago

If you don't know with mob grief off Villager breeding becomes REALLY hard because you have to trade with them for them to breed and even then it is only a 20% chance. There is a way to fix this, the reason why mob grief is off is to protect spawn from being damage from creepers and to help players from these lethal monsters. So mob grief off protects the players and spawn. There is a way to fix the creeper problem and have mob grief on so villagers will still plant and breed easy. You can use /entitydata on a clock to lower creeper's blast radius to 0, but that will also decrease the health damage they deal significantly:
    /entitydata @e[type=Creeper] {ExplosionRadius:0}
    Help the players that want to make there breeders and make farms easy and please try to get the mods to notice this post.

2. This can be fix for other mobs to.
    Enderman - /entitydata @e[type=Ghast] {ExplosionPower:0}
    Ghast - /entitydata @e[type=Creeper] {ExplosionRadius:0b}
    Zombie - /entitydata @e[type=Zombie] {CanBreakDoors:0b}

3. Thank you for the information, but your reasoning is a bit off.

Its not supposed to be "easy". Its hard. Seriously, server is on hard mode. Survival, hard.

Mob griefing isnt off solely for protection. it causes balance- we remove some danger of creepers exploding your houseand zombies tearing into your encampment, and its balanced through making the villagers who can provide you with incredible goods with ease, slightly harder to work with.

Imputing your commands would be catering to an "all profit, no work" nonsenseical image that isnt part of minecraft. At least not the minecraft we share here on CraftyMynes.

You want something?

you work for it,
    like the hundreds of thousands of player before you have done for the last 2 1/2 years.
    Ive seen amazing things built in this world- automatic farms that strech beyond render, villager sorters from zombie grinders with redstone workings i couldnt even begin to understand, all brought to creation because it wasnt "easy" to work with them.

4. Ehhh, Baron. I don't completely agree. With mobgreifing off it makes Craftymynes much less vanilla feeling. Your concept of balance could go both ways as zombies breaking down doors and creepers exploding would balance the fact that villagers breed easier. To sort out the problem with spawn griefing, you could kill all mob (And witherskull bombs, fireballs etc) entities within the radius of spawn, not sure if that's possible but it certainly seems so. However I'm sure that may have a few side effects. (like zombies not despawning when picking up items but there are most-certainly ways of removing mobs with held items.) I would personally like if mobgreifing is on, but it really comes down to the admins and Crafty. I hope you hear me out.

-Green

5. Anyway this was answered, very cute attempt.

or Sign Up to reply!