1. 7 years ago

What is the best way to obtain ghast tears on the server these days?

2. kill ghasts

3. Lol you have to love the truth and simplicity of TheSpiderman2013's answer. Beyond what he says, making sure you have a looting sword in your off hand while shooting them helps immensely. Putting a forum post under "Buy and Sell" for ghast tears and maybe throwing a price out there will get you some sellers.

4. I guess a follow up question would be: has anyone succeeded in building a ghast farm?

5. @pand1024 I guess a follow up question would be: has anyone succeeded in building a ghast farm?

Planning to

6. @pand1024 I guess a follow up question would be: has anyone succeeded in building a ghast farm?

me but i cbbs to farm it, and spawnrates are just miserable its better to hunt it in the wild as you get other stuff along the way too

7. I have around a stack of tears from occasionally visiting the nether with my bow, also try to block off a large lava lake and use that as a simple farm

8. Edited 7 years ago by _Drachenzorn_

Make a huge room 4-block high below the nether roof bedrocks. That way ghast will spawn but cant really fly away so you can kill them with looting 3 swords

9. @_Drachenzorn_ Make a huge room 4-block high below the nether roof bedrocks. That way ghast will spawn but cant really fly away so you can kill them with looting 3 swords

spawn rates are horrificly low though

10. Edited 7 years ago by FlashFood

@Yelloms Lol you have to love the truth and simplicity of TheSpiderman2013's answer. Beyond what he says, making sure you have a looting sword in your off hand while shooting them helps immensely. Putting a forum post under "Buy and Sell" for ghast tears and maybe throwing a price out there will get you some sellers.

Does having a looting tool affect mob drop rate? I've never heard of that before. I know using a fortune tool on a crop farm makes it drop more

11. @FlashFood Holding a looting sword in your main hand increases drop from anything you kill, regardless of how you kill it.
    So yes, killing things with a bow in your offhand while holding a looting sword in your main hand gets you more drops than than when not holding the sword.

12. @NutjobBob @FlashFood Holding a looting sword in your main hand increases drop from anything you kill, regardless of how you kill it.
    So yes, killing things with a bow in your offhand while holding a looting sword in your main hand gets you more drops than than when not holding the sword.

So stretching the concept further, would holding a looting sword in the offhand while mining coal with a fortune pick, would that increase the drops?

13. Edited 7 years ago by Tweakerzoid

Coal is not a mob.
    Looting works on mobs, fortune on ores

14. Edited 7 years ago by FlashFood

@Tweakerzoid Coal is not a mob.
    Looting works on mobs, fortune on ores

[quote=46639:@FlashFood ...I know using a fortune tool on a crop farm makes it drop more[/quote]

Neither are crops but looting and fortune both work on them

or Sign Up to reply!