Unofficial map reset poll

1. 7 years ago
    Edited 7 years ago by r4iscool1

Hello fellow Craftymyners,
    all of you have surely realized that there is currently a discussion going on whether the map should be resetted to fix the broken economy caused by spawn eggs, the 1.11 update and former op-trades at spawn. I'm sure not the only one who can't wait to get at least a hint of how high the chance for a possible reset might be as I dont feel like continuing to build when it might be gone in a few days/weeks. But since there is no official statement from staff yet, I decided to create a poll myself to give all of us a clear picture of at least what the core community thinks. Please note that this is no official poll and therefore it's result will not have a direct effect on the decision. Also it excludes those people who are not active in the forums which should be prevented in the official poll as those have an equal right to decide about the future of the map.
    However please make sure to take a look at the discussion before you vote.
    Click *REMOVED* get to the poll.

2. Looks like most people want a reset

3. These polls could also be completely rigged, with people taking it multiple times.

4. Edited 7 years ago by Cileklim

Voted!

Well, at least it gives an idea about what players want even if it can be rigged with multiple votes...

5. To fix the broken economy? Why do you guys push for a reset so hard and for the most nonsensical of things! It is a sandbox game not a economy management game! And why does it have to be right now!

@Cileklim Voted!

Well, at least it gives an idea about what players want even if it can be rigged with multiple votes...

And this just goes to show how terrible the community is being right now.

6. @_MasterDragon_ This is a voting poll not something to lash out over go back to the debate thread for tht k

-image-

BTW Thanks sofa for taking your time about this helps give a visual perspective!

7. Edited 7 years ago by cepheid

Problems with this poll

• easily manipulated by voting multiple times
    • regular forum voters don't necessarily represent the server as a whole
    • heavily biased question in favor of a reset
    • players voting may or may not have knowledge of the debated topics atm
  8. As long as no one actually uses this poll as a basis for or a tool in deciding whether or not to reset the server, we'll be fine. :P Sofatroll did mention that this is unofficial and does not represent those who aren't active on the forums, and he linked the main discussion as well. The multiple voting thing is definitely a problem, but it looks like it can't be helped. At least this isn't official. :)

9. Edited 7 years ago by Cileklim

@_MasterDragon_ To fix the broken economy? Why do you guys push for a reset so hard and for the most nonsensical of things! It is a sandbox game not a economy management game! And why does it have to be right now!

And this just goes to show how terrible the community is being right now.

Do you have a better idea than a poll?

10. Edited 7 years ago by r4iscool1

Poll removed, as cephied pointed out there is a number of issues with this poll and if we need to gauge the community opinion we can do so in our own way that will be free from bias and any accusations of impropriety. An easily rigged poll that only represents the forums is not very useful and just likely to cause issues between players. It also gives the impression that a reset or a decision on a reset is imminent which is not necessarily true.
    Please refrain from making similar things in the future. Staff are perfectly capable.

You are free to voice your opinion in the threads linked and I'm sure an official post will be created to address the situation soon as well, regardless of the outcome.

11. Deleted 7 years ago by Nysic

or Sign Up to reply!