An Important Announcement...

1. ‹ Older
  2. 7 years ago

@pand1024 Does 5 days from now mean Monday? Monday would be great by the way.

Yes.

3. @Tez1010 Firstly thank you for organising this. I am sure it is not what you want to be doing at this busy time of year.

Two questions
    ----
    Will you keep the old map open for the time being like with legacy?
    -----
    And what did Nysic mean when he said this

"No bases will be transferred, the option is there to buy them to have personally"

Do you mean you can have a copy of that part of the map to put in your own sp map?
    -----

I would turn your base into a sp world.

4. @Tez1010 Firstly thank you for organising this. I am sure it is not what you want to be doing at this busy time of year.

Two questions
    ----
    Will you keep the old map open for the time being like with legacy?
    -----
    And what did Nysic mean when he said this

"No bases will be transferred, the option is there to buy them to have personally"

Do you mean you can have a copy of that part of the map to put in your own sp map?
    -----

We will not be making another legacy server this time around

What he meant by that is that you can purchase the base by having Crafty give it to you at a rate of chunks per base, so you can have it yourself and be able to view it once we reset the map.

5. first off i would like to say that i love this server and the people in the community both staff and players. this news hits me pretty hard bc of the number of times i've heard it, usually followed (later) by staff telling everyone that "we aren't planning to reset and if we do it won't be for awhile" i hear that line all the time and yet it's not been true not once. now i get that crafty has little to no say in this reset and it's more of just an unfortunate necessity but im troubled none the less. since we reset for 1.9 i mined over 91,000 obsidian which makes up my base. on 1.8 before the reset caused by some a-hole in a manner i'm not fully informed on, i had mined 37,000 obsidian and was starting to enjoy building with it. note: this was my first MC server ever and the only one to date. after the reset i set about finding a spot for my new base, this took awhile but eventually i settled into a mountain crater and set about building my base, i decided i would one up my previous base by making it similar in size but made of all obsidian with lava between layers of varying thickness, this base was sadly never completed and consisted of over 75k obsidian. so now after hearing of the next impending reset having mined a grand total of over 203k obsidian i have decided i will not be building out of obsidian at all after the reset, or at all for that matter. i will be attempting to change my playstyle and will be more pvp oriented mostly focusing on raiding and griefing. i will not nor do i suggest anyone bother building anything as it will be destroyed/deleted and probably sooner than staff would like you to think.

6. First let me say I love this server and I vote for this server for theses reasons in this order of importance.

1. I vote foremost that I like this server the best.
    2. to get free food

3 to get crafty coins

Now under the new system it feels like I am being forced to vote positively for the server solely to get more warps.
    this feels a little totalitarian not democratic.
    I want to vote for the server because I like it, not because I want my warps.
    There should at least be some kind of option to be open and fair.
    Otherwise your basically farming votes for the server thru extortion.
    This not meant to be an attack but an observation of a clear problem that needs addressed.

7. How will or will random T/P still exist? I prefer to build beyond 50000 out and don't want to walk all the way.
    I suspect nether roof travel will either be crowded or nerfed so I am curious to options available.
    For example instead of a November crafty crate could I instead be T/P ed out beyond 50000 in a direction of my choosing as in 25000 by -25000 etc ect ?

8. @humfrydog How will or will random T/P still exist? I prefer to build beyond 50000 out and don't want to walk all the way.
    I suspect nether roof travel will either be crowded or nerfed so I am curious to options available.
    For example instead of a November crafty crate could I instead be T/P ed out beyond 50000 in a direction of my choosing as in 25000 by -25000 etc ect ?

To OP, random tp will stay the same.

9. Edited 7 years ago by Nysic

@humfrydog First let me say I love this server and I vote for this server for theses reasons in this order of importance.

2. to get free food

3 to get crafty coins

Now under the new system it feels like I am being forced to vote positively for the server solely to get more warps.
    This not meant to be an attack but an observation of a clear problem that needs addressed.

The warp system is free depending on your rank. As a VIP you have the second one free and as VIP+ The 3rd is free as well. The decision to use votes for this system was so that people had an incentive to vote for us. With the removal of crafty coins it left a void that was decided we would use this system to fill. We are not trying to openly force anyone to vote for us, but we feel that this system is fair.

It doesn't discriminate against any player and if people new to the server wish to use it they can so freely by voting. It's not a replacement for set home which is and always will remain free, this is just an extra system that may be used if players so choose too.

10. I will want to purchase my base. I dont want to lose it.

11. @humfrydog First let me say I love this server and I vote for this server for theses reasons in this order of importance.

2. to get free food

3 to get crafty coins

I have said it before and I will say it again, there is some things that we must do to stay relevant and keep our rank as #1 vanilla server. It would be great if everyone just voted because they loved the server and im sure some do, but we can't survive as a server without getting a large volume of new players, something that being #1 does for us. Players have asked to get rid of the tpa and other systems, but they have become a standard in the vanilla category. Some servers even give you vip for voting, I feel our implementation is both realistic as well as fair. (not too difficult to get the required votes, but still keeping the server's rank in mind) If you really feel like supporting the server, you can donate and bypass having to vote for sethomes, both ways support the server.

12. I think the new warp for votes is a brilliant idea. Also allowing people to have more than one place will mean less pressure to have an alt.

Can i just point out that crafty said vip+ would be two but free to use and Nysic said three. I hope Crafty's is the correct one as this makes more sense when you revert to vip.

Thank you too for the reissue of the nov crate. Much appreciated esp as it was my first one.

13. Imo, the magic meat could stand to get removed or lowered too.

Also, I wish to take this opportunity to say that it's a great idea to have vanilla villagers at spawn, but I still want to make the shameless pitch that a custom villager to take at least wheat seeds would be great. Even a stack of seeds for 1 emerald or even a piece of coal...

14. @Tez1010 I think the new warp for votes is a brilliant idea. Also allowing people to have more than one place will mean less pressure to have an alt.

Can i just point out that crafty said vip+ would be two but free to use and Nysic said three. I hope Crafty's is the correct one as this makes more sense when you revert to vip.

Thank you too for the reissue of the nov crate. Much appreciated esp as it was my first one.

Default=Home, Warp #1 (1 Vote)
    VIP=Home, Warp #1 (Free), Warp #2 (1 Vote)
    VIP+=Home, Warp #1 (Free), Warp #2 (Free)

15. @Valgys Imo, the magic meat could stand to get removed or lowered too.

Also, I wish to take this opportunity to say that it's a great idea to have vanilla villagers at spawn, but I still want to make the shameless pitch that a custom villager to take at least wheat seeds would be great. Even a stack of seeds for 1 emerald or even a piece of coal...

It has been lowered.

16. @iclutchHD What he meant by that is that you can purchase the base by having Crafty give it to you at a rate of chunks per base, so you can have it yourself and be able to view it once we reset the map.

Not that's it's likely I'm buying but what is the cost per chunk ??

17. im stupid....so will the server be up in 5 days time? or is it like in 5 days time the server will be down for 6 weeks

18. @TheForgotten20 im stupid....so will the server be up in 5 days time? or is it like in 5 days time the server will be down for 6 weeks

In 5 days time you'll log into reset server.

19. @jamlbon Not that's it's likely I'm buying but what is the cost per chunk ??

That is something @CraftyMyner has to decide on, I'm sure he will let you guys know as soon as he possibly can.

20. @Nysic In 5 days time you'll log into reset server.

so will the reset server's buildings be transferred onto the hardware in 6 weeks time?

21. Edited 7 years ago by Nysic

@TheForgotten20 so will the reset server's buildings be transferred onto the hardware in 6 weeks time?

We are changing hosts entirely for 6 weeks until the server is back up then swapping back to that hardware and host.

So yes in 6 weeks we will bring the server down to transfer everything across.

22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!