Codaeous' Ban Appeal

1. 7 years ago
    Deleted 7 years ago by Blackened_Dawn
  2. Hello ,
    firstly = Listen to staff members - Enough said! People will always find ways around the rules, staff reserve the right to make changes to the rules to cover these holes in order to keep the server a safe friendly place.

secondly = Practice good chat etiquette - Don’t use caps, don’t spam, don’t discuss controversial, sensitive or offensive topics (e.g. sex, sexual identity or preferences, race, politics, religion, drugs, etc.), no advertising, no links, no trolling. Please only use the minecraft font and English in global chat. Also part of chat etiquette is having an appropriately named character since your name appears on the player list and in chat. If your name is inappropriate you will be asked to change it. You will likely be banned until you do.

I highlighted keypoints here for you since you say "There is nothing in the chat rules about Harambe. I broke no actual rule. And because the rule does not exist I could never have agreed to abide by the rule." Therefore if you would please edit the appeal and make a more serious approach , showing you understand what you did was wrong now etc , i will then review the appeal thank you .

3. @Codaeous If staff members have the ability to make up rules on the spot based on personal preference, that should have been stated in some sort of disclaimer or in the rules section.

@2Chill Listen to staff members - Enough said! People will always find ways around the rules, staff reserve the right to make changes to the rules to cover these holes in order to keep the server a safe friendly place.

Directly quoted from the rules. 2Chill is writing up a response for you and has my support in this.

Nysic

4. So first lets clear all of this up from what you said in your appeal above
    you will be A and i will be B.

Why should you be unbanned:

1a. There is nothing in the chat rules about Harambe. I broke no actual rule.
    And because the rule does not exist I could never have agreed to abide by the rule.

1b. There is , it does as it is controversial and you did by accepting the rules when you joined the server.

2a. The only thing that could be controversial about Harmbe is debating if he should have been shot or not,which I did not do. Saying things like "I miss Harambe" are not controversial.

2b. Bringing up topics that lead others to say things about said topic , that are controversial...
    is the same thing regardless so if we limit it ever being said in the first place we skip it all together.

3a. Staff has no ability to tell me what the problem with talking about a gorilla was.
    When it was clearly explained that a gorilla is not controversial,
    the reply was still "don't discuss controversial topics".

3b.I believe what i just said above takes care of this one , but to elaborate just a bit
    If player A says anyone heard of harambe?
    player b may be inclined to say yea cant believe they shot the gorilla he didnt do anything
    then comes player c who says what the hell is wrong with you he was hurting the kid !
    etc.etc.etc

4a. This makes it clear that I was banned based on staff's personal views
    of Harambe and not any violation of rules or chat etiquette.

4b. Once again incorrect , just to give one rule you broke .
    Listen to staff members - Enough said! People will always find ways around the rules
    staff reserve the right to make changes to the rules to cover these holes
    in order to keep the server a safe friendly place.
    You didn't listen to all the repeated warnings from staff,
    so that's just one example of a rule you broke.

5a. Staff members misusing their position to make rules based on personal preferences for
    conversational topics that do not contribute to keeping the server a safe friendly place
    should not be a basis for banning people. If staff members have the ability to make up rules
    on the spot based on personal preference, that should have been stated in some sort
    of disclaimer or in the rules section.

5b. Well We ( As staff ) Generally discuss a lot of these things before hand
    and give thoughts on why certain topics are sensitive and or controversial.
    The same with certain player names and skins .
    (The owner has the final word obviously)
    Most of these said topics are quite obvious so its pretty much an automatic for most.
    We (As Staff) have the server and community in best interest when doing this
    as far as a disclaimer in the rules it is if you just read you will see it.

"Listen to staff members - Enough said! People will always find ways around the rules,
    staff reserve the right to make changes to the rules to cover these holes
    in order to keep the server a safe friendly place.."

(First Day On The Map) 12/28/2016

[20:07:45] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Codaeous has joined the game
    [20:07:46] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Please welcome: Codaeous to CraftyMynes!
    [20:10:09] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§7Codaeous§r> ?????
    [20:10:27] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§6jamlbon§r> english only please Codaeous

I am guessing whatever you had posted in chat doesn't save/show correctly in the
    logs ,but nevertheless must have not been English or Mojang font so you got your first
    warning on the map here.

[20:14:29] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <Codaeous> Has anyone built a giant Harambe tribute statue on this server yet???

First time you mentioned said controversial topic on the map .
    Which i know you got a warning from the server about ...

[20:18:27] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <Codaeous> I miss Harambe

you would have got another warning here...

[20:19:07] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <Codaeous> Are we not allowed to say the name of the gorilla that was killed in the zoo

More of it.... then warned verbally by staff .

[20:19:17] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§6jamlbon§r> it's a contriversial topic so no
    [20:19:35] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <Codaeous> Can we say Hambo

here trying to avoid just playing the game and following the rules , instead you chose to
    search for a loophole...

[20:20:12] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <Codaeous> We can't say a gorillas name but we got this dude offering daughter servants lol

still going on about it etc..

[20:23:14] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <Codaeous> Welcome to the Hambo server, joelsch
    [20:23:14] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] §7joelsch§r has left the game
    [20:23:16] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <uh_oh> jamwilbon
    [20:23:25] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§7jwilton§r> can someone show me the trading post im lost
    [20:23:26] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <Codaeous> Blocks out for Hambo
    [20:23:27] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <elneto> amm
    [20:23:28] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§7Fabulis§r> gelo
    [20:23:30] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§6jamlbon§r> Codaeous stop
    [20:24:12] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <Codaeous> more like mowang amirite

More of the same , once again warned...

[20:38:01] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <Codaeous> ahh. doumo arigato gozaimasu

just for the thought here...
    pretty sure this is not English once again after warned minutes into your time on the map.

[20:55:12] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <Codaeous> 420 blaze it
    [20:55:36] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§6jamlbon§r> no drug refrences Codaeous

here is also a drug reference you made, which is also against the rules
    and you were warned about .

[20:56:25] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <Codaeous> I'm just trying to figure out the limits of the chat rules i guess lol

So openly admitting to testing the limits of staff and the rules?

[20:56:42] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <Codaeous> it's the interwebz. everyone is a guy
    [20:56:43] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§6jamlbon§r> rules>
    [20:56:52] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] §9Cellexya§r has left the game
    [20:56:52] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§6jamlbon§r> Rules?
    [20:56:53] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Take a look at the server's [Rules] and [FAQ]
    [20:56:53] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <Hillbillyjoe5000> Codeaous to many rules
    [20:57:00] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§3ZenithW§r> lol
    [20:57:02] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <Codaeous> I think there are rules that aren't even mentioned in the rules

Also it seems you have a lot of the problems with the rules and how they are written
    we enjoy having every player here who can simply follow the rules
    which to be fair are not all that difficult ,but if you really have such a problem with them
    you can always contact the admins or Craftymyner , with your thoughts .
    We appreciate feedback if it is warranted and legitimate not trolling ...

[20:58:21] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <Codaeous> this is the first server I've seen where you can't say certain memes lol

Some of what you call "memes" we consider sensitive / controversial topics .

[23:35:27] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <Codaeous> remember that gorilla that got shot in that zoo?

oh look ... surprise once again ..

[23:36:08] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <Codaeous> yeah, I think it was Hambo

less surprising...

[23:46:14] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <Codaeous> anybody have any controversial topics they wanna talk about

Oh so now we go to trying to incite the community / chat to also break the rules ,by discussing controversial topics..

( The Day Of The Ban ) 12/29/2016

[20:26:04] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <Codaeous> It's worse than that time that kid fell into that Gorilla enclosure
    [20:26:42] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <Codaeous> I miss H a r a m b e
    [20:26:48] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] §7yror§r has left the game
    [20:26:59] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <TheDigMaster2011> R.I.P Harambe
    [20:27:05] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§3OtherGreenGamer§r> Codaeous, no contreversial topics, if that counts
    [20:27:05] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <AwesomerGamer018> Harambe got shrekt
    [20:27:19] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Codaeous has left the game
    [20:27:24] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <AwesomerGamer018> watch the language?
    [20:27:27] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] LinnhAnna has joined the game
    [20:27:32] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] AwesomerGamer018 has left the game

At this time you can see how you brought it up which then expanded
    into other users also starting to converse about the topic in question .
    Which if you refer back to my example in section 3b. shows to be true here.

[20:31:59] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Codaeous has joined the game
    [20:32:12] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§7pixelmon789§r> do pigs srsly have more hp than sheep?
    [20:32:15] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <Codaeous> What if I say Hambo instead of H a r a m b e?
    [20:32:24] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§3OtherGreenGamer§r> Doesn't matter
    [20:32:34] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] -=[§7BlockyYogaGirl§r]=- Increased their [VOTE] count to: 2
    [20:32:34] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§92Chill§r> Thanks for Voting: §7BlockyYogaGirl§r
    [20:32:35] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§2iwarriiori§r> we're offended
    [20:32:47] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] §7funnyfrancis260§r has left the game
    [20:32:47] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <Codaeous> Can I talk about gorillas in general? No names?
    [20:33:05] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Codaeous has left the game

Then you came back here saying/talking about the same thing
    with said gorillas name , once again kicked/warned about it .

[20:35:24] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <Codaeous> They tryin' ta take me out, like Harambe

once again you came back with reference and talking about the same exact thing at which time
    you were banned .

I see you had or have some problem with following the rules , set in motion
    by the owner / staff to such a degree ,that you go out of your way to
    try and find loopholes over and over , Also trying to incite others in chat
    to break the rules and bring up or discuss controversial topics
    (i.e. <Codaeous> "anybody have any controversial topics they wanna talk about")
    I see this as being a more serious issue than just a normal chat rule breaker/violation
    and given these two days were so close together and you had many warnings
    from different staff members and from the server filter etc , you went way to far .
    Based on the grounds of all of the evidence , i think a three day ban is justified
    after which you will be unbanned , Hopefully with a different outlook on chat and the server rules.

While you wait feel free to review the rules here.

5. Ban extended for 7 days starting today.

Nysic

or Sign Up to reply!