Slimes are not spawning

1. ‹ Older
  2. 7 years ago

I really don't think after all the trouble custom villagers caused before reset that admins will make another just cause slime spawning is messed up.

3. GET OUT OF MY SWAMP!

4. if you find a slime chunk you need lots of layers to get a decent spawn rate and you need to be far enough away from it. Even on the last map i had every available layer in the chunk and they just trickled out. Also i have seen slimes in a slime farm on here. Maybe they are slightly fewer but they are there. On the related subject of mobs, my mob farm turns out a reasonable number of creepers but is much slower on the rest of the mobs . It is a three layer flood farm 19*19 floors. I suspect grinders may have something to do with the difference.

5. On the last map I never had any problem with slimes. They spawned so much they were a nuisance to my entity numbers. I had dug out a massive area underground with haste 2 beacon, didn't even know it was a slime chunk. I'd go down there every few minutes and several massive slimes would be there every time.

6. @_Haxington_ GET OUT OF MY SWAMP!

It's all ogre now

7. [deleted]

10 Jan 2017

Well i cleared 43 chunks now in the underground (under 40) and still no slime spawn.
    In the early morning with 20 player online or in the evening (timezone Germany) and still no slime spawn. I just see them in the swamp, but not in the underground..

8. Edited 7 years ago by r4iscool1

I've found a number of slimes, so they aren't that rare.
    As for the villagers, we tried to stay away from non vanilla villagers this map and I think it should be kept that way, the prices on it are verylow too considering slime is a valuable resource even in single player.

9. @R4iscool1 I've found a number of slimes, so they aren't that rare.
    As for the villagers, we tried to stay away from non vanilla villagers this map and I think it should be kept that way, the prices on it are verylow too considering slime is a valuable resource even in single player.

I've seen 2 slimes on this entire map. One on a full moon, the other on a really non-busy day. Been to a swamp almost every night and haven't found one since.

10. I find a slime every 2 weeks or so. It pays to have a looting sword.

11. Never seen one in all my days of adventuring

12. Just build an underground grass area and with a little bit of water, they will be everywhere

13. You don't need water or grass. Mine would spawn on ores and stone. The only difference from other suggestions I have seen is that my area was like 6-8 blocks tall.

14. Edited 7 years ago by _Haxington_

You need to make a totem out of green stained clay at Y 66 and put green wool at the top. Then place a bunch of grass blocks around the totem and put redstone torches all over them. Then what you want to do is set the green wool on fire while you jump up and down throwing cacti on the floor. Then log off, restart your game, and log back on. After you complete all these steps in this exact order, your base will be full of slimes.

JK don't actually do this :P

15. @_Haxington_ You need to make a totem out of green stained clay at Y 66 and put green wool at the top. Then place a bunch of grass blocks around the totem and put redstone torches all over them. Then what you want to do is set the green wool on fire while you jump up and down throwing cacti on the floor. Then log off, restart your game, and log back on. After you complete all these steps in this exact order, your base will be full of slimes.

JK don't actually do this :P

No, actually do this. Pray to the gods and beg for their blessings of slime. No one has tried it yet, so you can't say it won't work. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

16. @Dennari43 No, actually do this. Pray to the gods and beg for their blessings of slime. No one has tried it yet, so you can't say it won't work. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That is very true... Someone actually try this and post screenshots XD

17. -image-

18. Edited 7 years ago by _Haxington_

OMG IT WORKS!!!!!
    -image-

19. The cactuses transformed into little slimes and they started growing!
    It's amazing you should try it!

20. SOoo basiclly 9 out of 10 players agree there are no slimes, and no other solutions. Prices to low? Raise them till they arnt. Cactus green requires farming and processing, Potion requires farming and processing and you get 1 for 2 for all that work.

If there no slimes we are missing a major part of the game WTF?!?!?!?!

Put a slime spawner at spawn then we need slime dangit.

21. 9,996 Slime have been killed on this server in total. Many players have killed upwards of 100 Slime and some have even killed amounts like 772. I do agree that rates are low, but it's a matter of dealing with it in a responsible way as to not mess up the economy.

22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!