Please don't update.

1. ‹ Older
  2. 7 years ago

@R4iscool1 We don't reset unless we have too.
    The map is young and unless it has some problems I am not aware of there will be no reset.

Alright

3. Edited 7 years ago by NutjobBob

@Dennari43 @OtherGreenGamer
    Thanks for explaining it, that makes sense. I guess I have a very different attitude to the the crafting system, and possibly the game, to some other people. I've always seen crafting as a means to an end, a relatively minor part of the game to provide you with tools to explore your own creativity. When I started playing the crafting system was the biggest turn-off because it created a barrier between me and even the most basic elements of the game. Having to constantly leave the game to refer to the wiki was frustrating and time consuming, and got in the way of me actually exploring aspects of the game I was interested in.

@OtherGreenGamer Part of the fun of Minecraft was discovering what you could make with your own logic and thinking, and the joy that comes when you do.

I don't feel like this aspect of the game has been lost at all. I suspect the majority of players here have most of the crafting recipes committed to memory and still enjoy discovering what they make with the tools given to them.

For me Minecraft has always been about using the tools available to create something incredible in form or function, something greater than the sum of its parts that you can feel proud of. Learning the crafting system was something you had to slog through to get to the real game.

4. Deleted 7 years ago by Compos
  5. Edited 7 years ago by Tez1010

People never like change! I remember when the pvp changed - it seemed hard at the time but very soon i realised how much better and more challenging it is, even if as kinkyboss said this morning i suck at it! :) I started on the new map thinking oh no my base etc, but i never went back to the old one except to take screenshots.

I am looking forward to the update with new blocks and no more having to have a red bed (not that i have one at all at my base).

As for a recipe book why not? It will help the newbees. There is an option for limited crafting which would add a level of challenge but i doubt it is workable on cm but i shall try it out on my home sp just for the fun of it.

Oh and @HaloNest i think mumbo was actually making fun of people that dont like change in that video.

6. Oh, well I just saw the title

7. The limited crafting is the worst part

8. care to elaborate how it's the worst part?

9. Edited 7 years ago by GrinningBobcat

sums up nicely what this is

10. Edited 7 years ago by Th3GreenGamer

@GrinningBobcat
    sums up nicely what this is

Just because we don't use them doesn't mean we won't see them. It doesn't go with the blocky simple look of minecraft. I don't think it ruins minecraft, but it is very out of place.

Plus they look like clown vomit.

11. @Venetorem -image-

12. I quite like the pink terracotta blocks

13. @Venetorem -image-
    doesn't matter what it is, or how many times it happens. People like what they're used to

But when you provide a reason why you don't like something, you can't brush it off as "You just don't like change". If that were true, I could provide an (equally pointless) argument that you just don't like people having different opinions. My point is as previously stated, not because "I don't like change". On the extreme to prove a point; If minecraft were going to switch from sandbox to FPS, I would be opposed to that not because "I don't like change" but because it changes core aspects of the game itself. Get it now?

@Beedobi I quite like the pink terracotta blocks

Sure, all preference really.

I'm gonna stop now, before this turns into a debate class, unless someone cares to pm me. I'd hate to bring this way off track.

14. Edited 7 years ago by Venetorem

You do realize i was making that to the point that at every update for any game, some people will complain about it. Not this specific update or game. Eventually everyone will get used to it. If you dont want to use the recipe book, dont use it. If you dont like the new blocks, domt use them. It isnt something to get annoyed by.

15. i like the birds , unbind jump key. ;c

16. i bet with all of the complaints with 1.12 there will be a texture pack changing the ugly (in my opinion) autocrafting option.

17. People actually hate the new blocks? What? I thought they were amazing and stunning all the colors and patterns were so gorgeous to me. It gives such a new approach to designers I'm excited for them personally
    I'm excited for the whole update

18. @Pimpcy People actually hate the new blocks? What? I thought they were amazing and stunning all the colors and patterns were so gorgeous to me. It gives such a new approach to designers I'm excited for them personally
    I'm excited for the whole update

i agree with you opinion wise. the reason alot of people are complaining is because the terracotta looks alot more smooth in its textures and colors then most other blocks making some feel it doesn't look minecrafty.

19. solution: texture pack

20. You aren't forced to use them right, whats the big deal?

21. Edited 7 years ago by Pimpcy

@thegoldsmith Thanks for clarifying I don't really catch up on things like these it was confusing what was everyone complaining about
    ___
    I mean to be fair the Minecraft paintings are also detailed, those blocks use a similar detail limit. And a lot of people use texture packs to splice up Minecraft anyway. I honestly think it's the vibrancy and patterns that set people off cause they're still pixelated just in a clever eye catching way. I really like the wool remodel too it looks so much more realistic like it has that patchy knitted fuzz feel just by changing a few pixels and it's easy on the eyes. I'm pumped

22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!