Farming Share

1. 8 years ago

I would love to see your farms and know how they are working out for you!

This is my Village/Iron farm, its just classic, I take no credit for the design. Any advice on better ways to house and manage them, or anything about it would be nice. I use fence gates to separate/spread them out so they don't suffocate each other for now. Population is grown though trade. The hall is only 5 blocks wide so it is considered a "house" with glass floors in the corners to hopefully prevent hostile mobs spawning. I estimate it able to house 52 villagers, it could be expanded but the noise drives me crazy already.

I had no idea baby villagers could walk though fence gates! Oh well, its been fun.

I plan to pretty it up later with iron bars and make it look like a prison maybe.

The collection floor has a reverse waterfall trap (what I call it anyways) to take care of anybody under 3 blocks tall that happen to fall in.

-image-

-image-

-image-

-image-

2. I dont understand how iron farms work, but great job.

3. @BoneChi11er I dont understand how iron farms work, but great job.

Basically when there are enough villagers in a given area, iron golems will naturally spawn. Since iron golems drop a considerable amount of iron, the golems are given an untimely end and the iron is collected.

4. Make sure there is sunlight! Golems won't spawn unless there is enough access to the open sky.

5. Yeah, but you just need sunlight on the doors, the rest should be fine.

6. Lol I can see this has turned into an iron farm tutorial, but that is a spectacular farm Zabolca! I like to keep all of mine hidden so only the chests show, that way they can look as ugly as they need too, so here I have, the two on the left and right are crops brought by hoppers from my "farm" farm, middle left is auto-sugar, middle is auto-chickens, and middle right is auto-cactus.

-image-
    -image-

7. Love your crop farms and storage Yelloms! Unfortunately, i'm a little to spread out to combine my harvest in such a nice way, I find it necessary to keep my e count down, but I do need to rethink my storage...

8. Thanks Zabolca! Ya entities is definitely the biggest hurdle in farm making on this server.

9. I think it would be cool to maybe be able to sell mobs to people, such as zombie villagers etc.

10. Edited 8 years ago by Eberk91

I have been doing a large project and its still not finished but here is bits and pieces of my Guardian farm

-image-
    -image-
    -image-
    -image-
    -image-

Also in a separate location due to entities and what not i have my food farms
    -image-
    -image-
    -image-

Also a link to the actual Album just in case those don't work
    http://imgur.com/a/OpDtJ

11. u had a guardian in ur boat?!

12. In terms of crops i only have these set up atm, James did the 1st 1(carrots,wheat, etc..)
    -image-

Cane farm is only 3 layers up atm but will extend
    -image-

And Cactus farm is 21x21
    -image-

13. @yelloms Lol I can see this has turned into an iron farm tutorial, but that is a spectacular farm Zabolca! I like to keep all of mine hidden so only the chests show, that way they can look as ugly as they need too, so here I have, the two on the left and right are crops brought by hoppers from my "farm" farm, middle left is auto-sugar, middle is auto-chickens, and middle right is auto-cactus.

-image-
    -image-

Gotta love the Lone's build, I did the same on my second 1.8 base. I had shitloads of wheat, carrots and potatoes. Except that I took a Fortune III pickaxe and just "mined out" all the potatoes and carrots to increase the amount of both.

14. -image-
    The wall in the back still needs to come down, but hey it works!

15. Does the lava take them down to a one hit?

16. @TheMightyDrex there is a button the the right that changes it between drop mode(lava kills them) to exp mode(1 hit kills them)

17. Nice idea cell

18. @samuelrox17 I acutally stole it from a youtube video, but i altered the design to kill them via sword and bow rather than tnt

19. Cool haha I would search it up too!

20. @iDogeTwinkie Gotta love the Lone's build, I did the same on my second 1.8 base. I had shitloads of wheat, carrots and potatoes. Except that I took a Fortune III pickaxe and just "mined out" all the potatoes and carrots to increase the amount of both.

omg! i didnt know that! i will never auto farm potatoes and carrots again....

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!