1v1 Arena with Risking and Betting

1. 6 years ago
    Edited 6 years ago by SharpSerac

As it stands now, not many people use the arena because random people can join in and gang up on you without much you can do about it, so this is my fix for that.

The 1v1 Arena part is as straightforward as it sounds, but I also suggest a way to "risk" certain items as the player who is in the 1v1. Like I wager 10 diamond blocks I can beat you and you wager a totem of undying. Winner takes whatever the person had on them + both risks. The risk part is only to prove that someone has something on them that they say they have, it would be displayed much like how items are displayed in the trade post

The betting part is straightforward as well, just a secure way for spectators to bet on fights.

There could also be a way to call for a draw by having each player stand on their respective pressure plates on either side of the arena, which would refund risks and bets

2. Edited 6 years ago by NerdieBirdieYT

Although I'm not into PvP, this sounds like an epic idea. The Arena we already have is certainly a bit more dangerous and random than fighters might like.

3. Agreed, this idea seems pretty neat-o. It's much more organized sounding and more secure than the current arena because like scenarios lke this could happen

John and Smith are fighting, bothhave items such as god gear and notch apples

John and Smith both get each other down to three hearts, and out of the blue, George swoops in, kills both john and smith with only 3 hearts, and takes both of their items and quickly tp's out of the arena

This would be just a more secure way of having matches and making sure no one could intervene

4. Deleted 6 years ago by The3xpertGamer
  5. link text

6. @The3xpertGamer link text

Yeah bud? I'd been thinking it since way back before August 11th xd. Plus my idea is way better since there would be betting and risking

7. Sounds like a good idea.

8. I agree

9. Well that's an idea I can get behind.

10. Same

11. Edited 6 years ago by HaloNest

There’s already an arena, if you want to bet with your friends you can do that, the 2 players limit is not a bad idea but since this is a survival centered server I think there’s no need for an additional one.

12. @HaloNest There’s already an arena, if you want to bet with your friends you can do that, the 2 players limit is not a bad idea but since this is a survival centered server I think there’s no need for an additional one.

since this is a survival centered server we don't need a parkour area then? or even an original pvp area? bucko what

13. Edited 6 years ago by HaloNest

@SharpSerac since this is a survival centered server we don't need a parkour area then? or even an original pvp area? bucko what

It would be wrong if it had more than one parkour area in my opinion, and same for the arena.

They would drag away players from playing survival.

14. i like this idea also logging should not be allowed because it would be just like the old arena or if you do log maybe your body stays for like 30 seconds after you disconnect

15. Edited 6 years ago by Dennari43

Even tho I don't partake in pvp, I like the idea of betting without fear of being scammed or bets being withdrawn before the fight ends if the person thinks their player is losing.

Plus, it would make it easier to have a casual fight between friends without fear of aggressive pvpers interrupting the fun.

@HaloNest It would be wrong if it had more than one parkour area in my opinion, and same for the arena.

Maybe make the 1v1 arena a vip arena, so it isn't fully open to everyone, but is more like an added perk of vip and up.

16. @HaloNest It would be wrong if it had more than one parkour area in my opinion, and same for the arena.

Bro i think has a sharp has a good point the 1v1 arena will make a nice addition just like parkour people need to go into survival anyways to get the supplies for a 1v1 anyways if they're completly new. tbh parkour and arena are basically harmless so i guess a 1v1 arena could be a nice experiment

17. I like the idea if it wouldn't be too hard to implement. Would lead to more frequent arena fighting as there wouldn't be the fear of getting ganged up on, which almost always happens. I would suggest an observation platform, unlike the VIP+ arena

18. I could get down behind this idea, it has good potential to be a an experiment. It could also be a bit larger possibly with some walls and some elevated platforms to give ranged players who use bows and potions more often a bit of a tactical option.

19. @AttackTeam I could get down behind this idea, it has good potential to be a an experiment. It could also be a bit larger possibly with some walls and some elevated platforms to give ranged players who use bows and potions more often a bit of a tactical option.

ooo I like that idea, cause my main strategy if i'm ever fighting is with a bow, which is pointless if there is no way to get range on the opponent. Plus it would throw in some environmental strategy, encouraging players to use their surroundings to help them in battle.

20. @Dennari43 The way you said that gave me an idea...

What if rather than a standard arena area, this hypothetical 1v1 arena was more of a walled-in piece of nature? Rather than flat ground there could be hills, perhaps a few drops, lava, water... More like open-world PvP, but contained within a box.

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!