The Almighty Armor Thread

1. 6 years ago

Gotta love the weird thread names, am I right? No? Okay, fine, have it your way. *sulks*

Anywho, because this topic has been discussed a lot with me, and because I find it amusing, AND because there are a ton of different tastes out there, I decided to start this thread to talk about - you guessed it - armor preferences.

What do YOU like to wear? The always-elegant god set? The respectable fully-enchanted chainmail? Is a multi-colored leather set right up your alley? Perhaps you prefer to wear no armor at all, and let your skin do the talking!

Whatever the case, what armor (or lack of) do you wear, and why? :D

2. I usually enjoy wearing god armor-
    Reasons— POWER!!
    But other times I like to show off my skin when I’m not in much danger :)

3. i wear god armor because i always need to be ready for a fight, also because i have mending so it's never a "waste" to wear it because i can just instantly repair it. armor is supposed to keep you from dying so might as well always wear the best armor you got!!!! (aka not iron)

4. Edited 6 years ago by NerdieBirdieYT

I like to wear iron armor (enchanted or not) because it assures I don't die of something stupid like fall damage, and is more than enough to protect from the mobs I run into on a somewhat regular basis. I hate to waste good gear (also my theory with diamonds - I hate spending them... I hate spending in general, lol, even if I have more than enough). Iron suits me just fine, and I save god gear for situations where it would be beneficial to use, such as boss fights. :)

I do hope that @Sofatroll will tell us about the magic of chainmail armor!

5. I use dia god armor, but instead of protection all the way, 2 pieces have protection, 1 has fire protection, and 1 has blast protection. If you never pvp, this is the optimal environmental god set I have come up with. Nice protection from lava and fire, nice safeguard against creepers, and general protection to cover the rest. They also have thorns 3 to help get rid of pesky mobs quicker and to bug people that hit me. I have indeed killed people by them hitting me with them having little to no health left. Ideally, I'd go without armor, but spending all your time in the end makes you really paranoid about endermen killing you.

6. I'll wear any p3-p4 armor I have, given that it has fair durability and mending.

7. I mean for serious things, god diamond armor

For typical stuff? Personally despite it being a pain to gather i'm a fan of god chain armor

8. one day i want to make a god set of every type of armor, from leather to diamond, and then a wooden god sword

9. @Dennari43

not making a wooden god sword is one of my biggest regrets before going on break tbh, but i did had a god gold axe

10. Edited 6 years ago by NerdieBirdieYT

@Dennari43 I use dia god armor, but instead of protection all the way, 2 pieces have protection, 1 has fire protection, and 1 has blast protection. If you never pvp, this is the optimal environmental god set I have come up with. Nice protection from lava and fire, nice safeguard against creepers, and general protection to cover the rest. They also have thorns 3 to help get rid of pesky mobs quicker and to bug people that hit me. I have indeed killed people by them hitting me with them having little to no health left. Ideally, I'd go without armor, but spending all your time in the end makes you really paranoid about endermen killing you.

Hmmm, if you'd prefer to go armorless, but are worried about emdermen, may I suggest using a texture pack that makes wearing a pumpkin on your head actually bearable? No endermen worries that way :)

11. @NerdieBirdieYT Hmmm, if you'd prefer to go armorless, but are worried about emdermen, may I suggest using a texture pack that makes wearing a pumpkin on your head actually bearable? No endermen worries that way :)

Nah I'm addicted to the high resolution sphax texture pack. And even with the armor on, I'm still paranoid XD

12. @Dennari43 Nah I'm addicted to the high resolution sphax texture pack. And even with the armor on, I'm still paranoid XD

Simple fix for that without changing a thing about your current texture pack (besides the pumpkin overlay). Apologizes if you already know this, but there are some who do not, and it's very handy! You can use multiple texture packs at the same time. For example, I have one for a custom sky, one for a clear gui, one for general usage (all blocks, items, etc), and one for randomized mob textures using Optifine.

In your case, all you'd need is a clearer pumpkin overlay texture. Put that in a pack with no other textures, throw it on top of your other one, and you have Sphax with a clear pumpkin overlay.

Alternatively, if you know how to edit textures, you could simply edit the Sphax pumpkin overlay texture yourself, and save it over the original. All of this is completely optional, of course, but if you really want to be safe without the need to wear armor, that's an easy fix. :)

13. >not making your own resource pack to customize everything to the fullest

14. Personally, I wear full iron armor, Blast Protection 1.

It helps a lot when dealing with explosives ;^)

15. @NerdieBirdieYT Alternatively, if you know how to edit textures, you could simply edit the Sphax pumpkin overlay texture yourself

Or I can do that for you, also I believe Sphax has a tweak for that already if you go on his website you should find a patch to the pumpkin head.
    P.S. remember that texture packs were used before 1.6.4 and they could only change textures, nobody uses them anymore, Resource Packs instead allow to edit sounds loot tables models and other stuff :)

16. I wear no armor for the simple reason every time i have gotten some on the server i've died less than half an hour later and lose the armor. generally to a lava pit a creeper blew me into.

17. I wear regular God armor meaning my chest plate would only have prot 4 unbreaking 3 and mending.

18. @thegoldsmith I wear no armor for the simple reason every time i have gotten some on the server i've died less than half an hour later and lose the armor. generally to a lava pit a creeper blew me into.

You know what would fix that? Fire protection and Blast protection :)
    That exact thing happened to me after a long mining trip and I lost everything, god tools and armor, except for a random wooden button I had. After that, I always have at least one thing of fire and one thing of blast protection, just so I stand a chance.

19. @Dennari43 You know what would fix that? Fire protection and Blast protection :)
    That exact thing happened to me after a long mining trip and I lost everything, god tools and armor, except for a random wooden button I had. After that, I always have at least one thing of fire and one thing of blast protection, just so I stand a chance.

prot 4 god armor works better imo, why waste your time trying to get anything else?

20. @Dennari43 You know what would fix that? Fire protection and Blast protection :)

its not just that im also clumsy nearly all my deaths are from my own building accidents like falling off a cliff, or drowning under a farm. before i set up the set home because i need to move my stuff

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!