upgrade to trading post

1. 6 years ago

i have noticed that a lot of people don't pay full price or you are kinda taking a risk when using the trading post. my suggestion is when the player your trading with places items a banner comes on your screen telling you the item and how many the other player has placed in the slot this way you always know what your getting.

2. Quite a hard feat to do in vanilla, banners can't display text with enough precision to display all that info. Also getting each item and count would be next to impossible, there is many different types and counts players could put in, and to add complexity, stacks are just one entity with a different count.

3. It is possible that could get the console to entity data all the items in the sending slot but it would likybe unreliable and would spam the console a lot.

4. If you get scammed in the trading post, report the person. Scamming isn't allowed there.

5. You are much better off as nerdie said, reporting them to staff so we can deal with it.

6. The only thing is what if you trade not the right amount by accident

7. @TimeKing297 The only thing is what if you trade not the right amount by accident

Then the person who didn't get the full pay asks for the rest and you agree. If you don't agree, they can report ya.

8. Edited 6 years ago by Fisban_Regner

I dont really consider it a scam more of a misscount i was shorted one item i did how ever let him know that i wont be doing any more business with him. It was just an idea but seeing its not as easy as it sounds its not somethig im going to push just thought it was a great idea.
    I was also under the impression that the server removes the item and respawnes them.

9. If the right pay isn't given or the trade is off in any way just ask the player for the correct amount,if they refuse report them. We've dealt with such incidents before its not so bad :P

10. it's definitely a great idea, stop the problems before they become a problem. why put something up to staff that can be prevented in the first place?

11. @SharpSerac it's definitely a great idea, stop the problems before they become a problem. why put something up to staff that can be prevented in the first place?

Because

@CraftyMyner Quite a hard feat to do in vanilla... Also getting each item and count would be next to impossible....

while

@GibsonAxe If the right pay isn't given or the trade is off in any way just ask the player for the correct amount,if they refuse report them. We've dealt with such incidents before its not so bad :P

It is an interesting idea, but why do something convoluted and possibly impossible when there's a simple and easy solution we already have. If people are getting scammed, report them, it's against the rules. If you choose not to report scammers, you cannot blame the system for you, yourself, choosing not to abide by it.

12. @Dennari43 Because

while

It is an interesting idea, but why do something convoluted and possibly impossible when there's a simple and easy solution we already have. If people are getting scammed, report them, it's against the rules. If you choose not to report scammers, you cannot blame the system for you, yourself, choosing not to abide by it.

Pretty sure it's possible, just don't use the banner thing crafty could integrate it into his panel and use less command blocks. You could be whispered what's in the trade box on their side when you press a button it wouldn't be that hard

13. @SharpSerac Pretty sure it's possible, just don't use the banner thing crafty could integrate it into his panel and use less command blocks. You could be whispered what's in the trade box on their side when you press a button it wouldn't be that hard

That still isn't going to work, as crafty pointed out counting items is actually very difficult when you account for all possible quantities. The panel isn't a miracle worker.
    We would end up with something probably inaccurate which would then actually cause more problems.

14. It's not impossible, as I said, because of lag and the fact the panel is not part of the server (only able to read chat). There would likely be some sort of desync in the items causing more issues when it says the guy gave the right amount but it shorted them. Who do you trust, the guy who took the screenshot of what the server said or the guy who said he didn't get the right thing. Also, I would have to translate all the enchants and display items into an easy to consume block of text.

I have way better and more important things to work on right now, like to figure out how to translate 1000's of commands.

15. I want an upgrade to it decoration-wise
    Maybe integrate some concrete into it

16. Maybe what could be done is to have multiple slots for each item that you want to trade, and only put one stack of items in each slot at a time. And then, maybe have command blocks testing to see how many items are in each stack. It would take a lot of command blocks for each amount, but at the same time it would only take 64. And then for the type of item, the player could find that out on their own.

17. Edited 6 years ago by r4iscool1

Each command block that is constantly testing for something causes more lag, adding 64 would have a negative impact on game play.
    There is better ways to do that but we still come to what crafty said, it's complex and inaccurate and the solution would cause lag problems.

Appeal much Simpler way is to just report it to staff, I've found it's rarely an issue we encounter.

18. Edited 6 years ago by NerdieBirdieYT

@R4iscool1 Appeal much Simpler way is to just report it to staff, I've found it's rarely an issue we encounter.

@Dennari43 It is an interesting idea, but why do something convoluted and possibly impossible when there's a simple and easy solution we already have. If people are getting scammed, report them, it's against the rules. If you choose not to report scammers, you cannot blame the system for you, yourself, choosing not to abide by it.

@GibsonAxe If the right pay isn't given or the trade is off in any way just ask the player for the correct amount,if they refuse report them. We've dealt with such incidents before its not so bad :P

I guess making it "foolproof" with commands would be sort of nice, but I really don't see the problem with the current system. We almost never have scam situations, and when there are scams, they are quickly and easily dealt with.

Speak up if someone shorts you, and you'll be fine.

19. There's no point using command blocks anymore these days. Telling players to limit what they put into a place so it can be counted sounds harder than all options so far.

20. Edited 6 years ago by Fisban_Regner

Im sorry for creating this thread i was happy with your simple answer

@CraftyMyner Quite a hard feat to do in vanilla, banners can't display text with enough precision to display all that info. Also getting each item and count would be next to impossible, there is many different types and counts players could put in, and to add complexity, stacks are just one entity with a different count.

Yet it seams other people anrt i thought it was a great idea and it is on paper but the ammount of work it would take is not worth it. We have a system in place thatdoes in fact work verry well

@NerdieBirdieYT Then the person who didn't get the full pay asks for the rest and you agree. If you don't agree, they can report ya.

Yes it would be a great thing to have if it was reliable and easy to do but as crafty said it is neither one. Soithink it best if we place this in the valt of great but unpracticle ideas. Who knows maybe one day this will be an easy task as update comes out.
    Posted on android.

or Sign Up to reply!