[Spoilers] Star Wars The Last Jedi discussion

1. 6 years ago

Okay the mods don't like that were talking about star wars in chat because spoilers so
    I made this post.

I though the movie was a pile of hot garbage. The plot was long and confusing. They screwed up the original characters of Luke and Hahn. Luke was a character who believed that there was good in everyone and he was able to turn Darth Vader to the light side and refused to fight the most evil person in the galaxy. But in the new movie the writers dumped on that, making Luke try to kill Kylo Ren when he suspected he was turning to the dark side. Hahn was a character who was a selfish smuggler and by the end learned to actually help other people and think of others. But what does he do in the new movies? He becomes a selfish smuggler again and turns his back on the rebels, throwing out any character development he had in previous movies.

The movie left the resistance in a terrible place. The entire rebellion is a small group of survivors on the millennium falcon. How are they supposed to rebuild? How are they supposed to pose any actual threat now to the first order? I bet you the next movie is going to be about Kylo Ren spending every waking moment trying to kill rey and in the meanwhile he's going to neglect his position as supreme leader and things are going to fall apart. Sounds like a lousy movie to me.

It would have been better if they just left the original plot alone and created a new original story in the star wars universe.

Anyways, what Did you guys think about the movie?

2. I havent seen it yet but cmon man.. Han shot first

3. Lovely movie, it added some good lore to the wonderful universe of star wars, and weather it was garbage or not, I don't think it's worth be hatin.
    Unfortunately it's not up to me to decide what happens in the movies so I just accept and appreciate what comes.

4. I thought it was better than The Force Awakens. It actually had its own plot line for the most part, instead of just copying Episode 5 or something, and there were a few twists in there I definitely wasn't expecting, so I did enjoy watching the movie.

Overall, I think they just should've stopped with Episode 6. Everything was nice and rounded out...basically the entire series was based on Anakin, so it seems strange to keep going when he's dead. And there are a number of things I don't like about where the series has been going. Where did this Snoke guy come from? The First Order's back again? And a third Death Star--REALLY?! :P

In short, I think The Last Jedi did about as well as a movie in a dying storyline can do...

5. First off, minor annoyance: It's Han, not Hahn. lol

Second off, I feel they should've done more with them together, the scenes towards the end didn't really excite me, but I will see episode 9 though. Who wouldn't?

6. @MagicalMapmaker I thought it was better than The Force Awakens. It actually had its own plot line for the most part, instead of just copying Episode 5 or something, and there were a few twists in there I definitely wasn't expecting, so I did enjoy watching the movie.

Overall, I think they just should've stopped with Episode 6. Everything was nice and rounded out...basically the entire series was based on Anakin, so it seems strange to keep going when he's dead. And there are a number of things I don't like about where the series has been going. Where did this Snoke guy come from? The First Order's back again? And a third Death Star--REALLY?! :P

In short, I think The Last Jedi did about as well as a movie in a dying storyline can do...

this wasn't in Lucas's mind, he stated he had enough material for at least other 20 movies :P

7. Good character arcs for Rey and Kylo. I think Luke's death was good, kind of a callback to how Obi-Wan died. Although it would have been nice if he didn't die, I expect we will see his force ghost in the 9th movie.

The thing I hated the most was when they had a chance to kill off Leia, they didn't. Seeing as how Carrie Fischer died towards the end of production for the movie, they could have easily delayed the release and killed off Leia in this movie, in the scene where she is floating in space. Because now in the 9th they will have to figure out a creative way to kill her off without making it look terrible with CGI.

Oh, and also, if Snoke is really dead, that has to be one of the dumbest things as well. I suspect he was using the force trick Luke used at the end of the movie and just faked his death, but for all that hype for a new villain just to kill him off with 10 minutes of screen time seems stupid.

Good movie in my opinion. The 7th was a huge callback to the old movies and seemed kind of cheesy. This one had less of that and focused more on the development of new characters.

8. *Spoiler* It's bad.

9. i loved the last jedi

10. @MistakeMade *Spoiler* It's bad.

why.

11. @HaloNest It's my one sided biased opinion. Movies never have appealed to me. I prefer to watch cartoons over movies, call me childish if you wish but I've never really cared for Star Wars or any movie. I prefer animated over realistic.

12. @MistakeMade @HaloNest It's my one sided biased opinion. Movies never have appealed to me. I prefer to watch cartoons over movies, call me childish if you wish but I've never really cared for Star Wars or any movie. I prefer animated over realistic.

then why post your opinion

13. Edited 6 years ago by MistakeMade

@Urid I think overall movies, tv, and videogames can be a waste of time. To all their own opinion, just because I haven't watched The Last Jedi doesn't mean I can't hold an opinion on it, I dislike the Star Wars storyline in general. I have watched several movies in my life but many of these top titles are filled with extremely unrealistic scenarios, extreme violence/extreme cruelty, and have various scenes that are somewhat sexual. Star Wars is non sexual nearly it is unrealistic and somewhat violent of course and I can handle violence but I hate movies with extreme violence, I can handle war but dislike movies that have violence towards people that can't defend themselves, I don't like movies that are very unrealistic, or futuristic. I know many people love Star Wars and I understand that. People can grow to love the storyline and characters and will be sad when someone dies eg: The Walking Dead/Star Wars. I understand this because when I played COD Modern Warfare after Soap dies in MW3 I felt somewhat sad because I had grown to love all the characters and was emotionally attached. I also dislike Star Wars because this Franchise has been milked for 40 years. There is no clear indication that the Series could end soon and I dislike things like that which may not end anytime soon. I would rather pay for other movies where there is an end.

14. So basically what you're saying is you only like documentaries about rocks...

15. one person here thinks all the movies, books, and games after return of the Jedi is the worst thing ever.

16. Edited 6 years ago by sirchristopher10

Porgs are amazing

17. ^

or Sign Up to reply!