The "Flesh Vs. Scales" Challenge

1. 6 years ago
    Edited 6 years ago by NerdieBirdieYT

-image-

A few days ago, this thread got me wondering how few items one could defeat the enderdragon with. @OtherGreenGamer had some amazing accomplishments using little to no armor and slight use of weapons (although having tools such as ladders and pickaxes to help). I decided to go a step further, limiting myself to no items at all. No armor, weapon, tools, or even food.

The rules for this challenge are as follows.

• Must be in Hard Mode.
    • Must not have ANYTHING in your inventory at the start.
    • May plant chorus fruits around the island. This allows you to eat and not starve.
    • Must NOT use chorus fruit for anything besides eating (no using the plants to help kill enderman, climbing up plants, etc).
    • May die, although the fewer deaths, the better.
    • Must record a video while doing the challenge (no splices) to ensure that rules are being followed.
    • Must use playing 1.12.2 vanilla.
    • Must use a random seed.

Anything you are able to pick up on the island (enderpearls, chorus fruit, iron bars broken by explosions, etc) is fair game. My record is 3 hours and 20 minutes, roughly, with 19 deaths.

Unedited video:

Edited video:

Best of luck!

2. How......

3. @Gminipug14 How......

Practice and too many hours of trial and error, lol.

4. I really like this idea. It is a lot of tedious work to get the patterns down, and getting used to the particular heights of your obby towers. It's really interesting to see what speedrun-esque tactics people can come up with while doing a thing over and over until perfection. Doing this, you do develop skills whether useful or not, so hey, atleast you get something for all that work.

I'm sure @NerdieBirdieYT can attest to that as much as I can.

5. @OtherGreenGamer I really like this idea. It is a lot of tedious work to get the patterns down, and getting used to the particular heights of your obby towers. It's really interesting to see what speedrun-esque tactics people can come up with while doing a thing over and over until perfection. Doing this, you do develop skills whether useful or not, so hey, atleast you get something for all that work.

I'm sure @NerdieBirdieYT can attest to that as much as I can.

Absolutely! I learned a lot about the dragon's attack patterns, about endermen, about enderpearls, and chorus fruit, and some other tricks. It is certainly very difficult and time-consuming, but it teaches you a lot.

6. The unedited video either had an issue uploading or is just taking a heck of a lot longer than expected (it's been uploading all night). The link should hopefully be working in a few hours, and the edited video will go up today as well.

7. Sounds fun
    Not doing it

8. The UNEDITED video is now up. If you don't want to watch for 3 hours and 20 minutes, then wait until I upload the edited version on Wednesday.

9. Deleted 6 years ago by ghostassasin81
  10. are y0uu allowed to have a waterbucket

11. @MaggiAusDaKann are y0uu allowed to have a waterbucket

Nope. Can't have anything that isn't from the island aside from chorus fruit, and even that you have to harvest yourself.

12. Impossible! XD

13. @MaggiAusDaKann Impossible! XD

Very much possible! Just takes practice.

14. The edited video has been uploaded! Enjoy!

or Sign Up to reply!