1.13 News / Discussion

1. ‹ Older
  2. 6 years ago

Do we actually know when the update is about to happen? MC wiki speaks about Q2 2k18 so between april and june, but I dont really know if that's a valid source

3. @Sofatroll Do we actually know when the update is about to happen? MC wiki speaks about Q2 2k18 so between april and june, but I dont really know if that's a valid source

As far as I know, no date has been confirmed.

4. 3D map rooms are possbile in that update. Those will be super cool!

5. Will Mojang finally make the trees not show the internal wood texture when there are branches?

It only took them 7 years...

6. Edited 6 years ago by AttackTeam

what used to be command only bark around all edges is beng implemented into the game, from what I understand. Since it is going to be added into the creative menu from what I understand, it should not be too hard for mojang to replace a bit of code with the "new" block

7. Trident is currently unavailable in Survival mode. Only in Creative mode.
    It can be crafted but I do have a reason to believe that those won't be really allowed.
    These things are too powerful without enchants - but with enchants you're basically a God.

You can fly, hit fuckers from a mile away and literally have yourself launched to infinity out of sea.
    That thing even comes back to you. Just like Thor's Mjolnir. Except his Mjolnir is demolished lol.

I'm looking towards new blocks and especially the sea update. It will definitely bring more life to the sea with new mobs and I love the fact that fish we used to fetch, you can literally take a water bucket and fetch them like that. Seems like a nice and easier way to acquire Pufferfish. :)

Some shit don't make sense in that update but since I'm going to build a brand new base, I'll need those blocks. I won't be online 24/7 because there is other shit to be done, but hey, I think it's still a horrible idea for me to go back to MC lols. xD

8. Actually there will be 5 different tridents, a new water mob not released yet and 48 different underwater ruin variations.

9. Yeah I saw those on YT. Pretty neat stuff. I also LOVE the fact that you will be able to combine potions.
    You know, make a couple of different potions and just shove them all together into a mixed one.
    So basically what you get is literally few potion effects in one bottle. This is definitely a great thing.

I'm glad Mojang Team finally got their shit together and made some useful shit in MC.

10. Edited 6 years ago by GrandpaCarl00

But you know something, waterbases won't stick out like a complete sore thumb anymore and you can be sneaky making one. there's a stupid amount of kelp and you can definitionally hide inside one of the flooded caves or ravines since due to them, being well, flooded.

Also, the new treasure ( not tridents ) is supposedly meant to go into the ruins so that's why the loot is stupidly lame right now

11. @humfrydog Actually there will be 5 different tridents, a new water mob not released yet and 48 different underwater ruin variations.

@iDogeTwinkie Yeah I saw those on YT. Pretty neat stuff. I also LOVE the fact that you will be able to combine potions.
    You know, make a couple of different potions and just shove them all together into a mixed one.
    So basically what you get is literally few potion effects in one bottle. This is definitely a great thing.

I'm glad Mojang Team finally got their shit together and made some useful shit in MC.

Source? I don't say anything about either from a reliable source. Logdotzip's (That's that guys name right?)
    video, which was the only thing I could find, was a concept made by a modder.

12. Yeah this is from where I have seen this. It might be a mod in making for 1.13.
    If that is the case then RIP lol. It would be great to see you can mix several potions in one. :)

13. I personally hate mods in MC. I kinda feel that I lose the concept of MC and playtime.
    It's like I turn my own car into a ricer car with a ton of modifications on it lmao.

Yeah my car will have mods on it but not ricing shit. I ain't got no rice to cover my car entirely yo. :P

14. What I’m most worried about is the phantom mob like a lot of you guys have been saying in other discussions because this mob is probably going to ruin sethome for servers like CraftyMynes

15. @OtherGreenGamer Source? I don't say anything about either from a reliable source. Logdotzip's (That's that guys name right?)
    video, which was the only thing I could find, was a concept made by a modder.

Same here, I've heard nothing at all about either of these, and I tend to stay pretty updated on upcoming features.

16. @Gminidog What I’m most worried about is the phantom mob like a lot of you guys have been saying in other discussions because this mob is probably going to ruin sethome for servers like CraftyMynes

Well, unless your bed is out in the open on top of a mountain, it really shouldn't be a big deal.

17. @NerdieBirdieYT Well, unless your bed is out in the open on top of a mountain, it really shouldn't be a big deal.

Actually it is a big issue that needs addressed. On craftymynes we don't sleep in beds. Which means after a short time the server will be covered in phantoms all night long. this causes 2 major problems.

Problem 1: Night time will be mega dangerous above ground in the overworld.

Problem 2: Entity counts will spike each night cycle reminiscent to the issue with Squids everywhere a while back.

Both of these issues will have to be addressed by the staff to either nerf phantoms, implement sleeping in beds and add a addition warp to our books so home is set by beds or something like that.

these are just my opinion as I see it.

18. @humfrydog Actually it is a big issue that needs addressed. On craftymynes we don't sleep in beds. Which means after a short time the server will be covered in phantoms all night long. this causes 2 major problems.

Problem 1: Night time will be mega dangerous above ground in the overworld.

Problem 2: Entity counts will spike each night cycle reminiscent to the issue with Squids everywhere a while back.

Both of these issues will have to be addressed by the staff to either nerf phantoms, implement sleeping in beds and add a addition warp to our books so home is set by beds or something like that.

these are just my opinion as I see it.

But entity spawning is wayyy lower here than on a singleplayer server. So long as phantoms don't spawn with more weight than a regular mob, I don't foresee any large issues. Night will be more dangerous, sure, but remember they only spawn high in the air, and that mobs have a rough time spawning on this server.

19. With the phantom, personally in craftymyne's case since sleeping is impossible, unless mojang makes it drop something useful to some extent, it'll probably be disabled from spawning, similar to the squids back in 1.8 I think

@NerdieBirdieYT @humfrydog

20. Well I probably get in trouble for saying this but as i see it a map reset is imminent and I am ok with it.

All the ocean areas will be broken down into multiple biome types, frozen. cold, warm , mild and multiple variations of them. Along with 48 desperate ruin types, fish only in certain water types, shipwrecks, 5 different trident types. I know all the map hasn't been explored and these area could be updated but with all the issues with rain off, renaming items, water mechanics breaking most machines, mansion mechanics plus all the update features it makes the most sense to start fresh to address as many of these as possible.

I am sure ill get in trouble for being honest and accused of map reset hysteria but that is how I see it.

Do i want to lose my wealth and all I have built not really.
    Do i want to have a messed up map and have to deal with machines needing redesigned? no
    If i have to choose from those 2 evils i choose map reset to fix mansions, all oceans equal and hopefully fixing phantom and rain issues.

Well that is my 2 cents worth and as far as I am concerned this is all 1.13 update related

21. From the wiki page, the new Phantom mob spawns after 3 days of no sleep 20-34 blocks above the player's head. But only if you are in the overworld, it's night, you are above sea level, and there is no light blocking block above your head(must be air/glass/etc). The mob spawns in packs of 1-4, and it does not respect the mob cap as they spawn.

So if you like living in the end/nether/deep underground, you're safe. Overworld/above ground players will have to hide till day or use a bed.

I do think the best solution, if possible, is to implement someway for the tp home function to count as sleeping. But even still, they might still become a problem for people that don't use the commands or sleep at all.

22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!