NN's Departure

1. 5 years ago
    Edited 5 years ago by NerdieBirdieYT

Yes, it's happening. Some of you will be happy about this, some don't care, and some will be upset. We at NN are quite optimistic about this choice.

On May 14th, 2017, NerdNation moved from a Factions server to CraftyMynes, and we have been a part of it ever since. Up until the last few months our faction and its interactions (many of which were outside our control) ended up causing a lot of drama and adventure into this server. Personally, I see this as both good and bad. The drama was escalated beyond what we would wish for, and many of our self-proclaimed enemies (ye olde Oblivion, for example) were incredibly harsh on us in both word and deed. As I have stated before, in thr past year, NN has without a doubt been thr single most targeted faction on the server. Some say that it's due to my YouTube channel, others say it's NN's usual cheery aura that ticks some people off. I admit I am oversensitive and quite defensive, and apologize for the unnecessary drama I personally have comtributed to.

With that being said, through thick and thin, times of uncertainty and times of peace, even through time of outright and emotional betrayal, what started as a tiny little faction has grown into a community of friends. Events are still held in NN, the Discord is still very active, regardless of how many times insiders and enemies tried to end us. We have existed for over a year, and will continue to exist even as we leave here.

To get to the point, NN has been debating a server switch for about a week and a half now. We have discussed reasoning for staying and for leaving. In the end, we decided to move, not due to any actions outside NN (we have been safer than ever these last few months, with none of our faction bases or events being hit) but because we are ready for a change of pace. We are ready for a new community with new possibilities and a fresh new server. Thus, we have chosen to move.

I hope that in some way, NN has set an example that a friend group CAN survive through a heck of a lot. Hopefully my YouTube series, or our members' attitudes, or what we try to accomplish as a group made a positive impact on you.

You are welcome to continue to communicate with us on our Discord .

As a special little gift to the community, some of the NN members who are fully leaving CM with us will be creating little hints on the forums to guide you to their personal base. Destroy it, keep it, loot it, it's up to you. Keep an eye out for threads with "NN's Departure" in the title for the next few weeks!

We at NN thank all of you who met us with kindness and helped us as we enjoyed this server. We wish you the best of luck moving forwards.

2. This is a pretty big decision that we've made. I for one am going to miss many things about this server. I've made so many memories with the community here and it has really sparked something. I've learned a lot about how to be better in the game and making new friends. Craftymynes was the first server I stuck to for over a year and I've seen how great it can be to get to know and be apart of a community. Yet, I also look forward to getting to know new people and the future possibilities on a new server. But I sure won't forget this amazing experience! I will be giving away all my personal items in the forms of riddles to let people go on a quest of my many memories here. I hope that CM will continue to thrive and I wish the best to all of you! And to anyone who has been a friend or given kindness to me here I am truly grateful! LONG LIVE NN!

3. Good Luck, NN. I wish you well on your departure. I hope the people of CraftyMynes have taught you well. I will probably stay here on CraftyMynes since I have met all kinds of new people outside of NN and I don't want to leave them. I will still keep up on the Discord server and I may join the server that you are moving to. If I was never an NN member, I wouldn't be recognised by a majority of the forum users here. NN gave me something to do on CraftyMynes and I began to interact more with the people of CraftyMynes because of NN. I wish all of your members luck and that NN will be remembered by CM after your departure. I sure will.

4. you guys still existed? guys... what the fuck

5. gonna miss you buddy :___(

6. @SharpSerac gonna miss you buddy :___(

IS DAT A TEAR MATE?!??
    btw, may da Bearded Lady be with ya Nerds :)

7. the discord link doesn't work 8 (

regardless, bye all of u, good luck on ur new adventures

8. @Fingerbib the discord link doesn't work 8 (

regardless, bye all of u, good luck on ur new adventures

Fixed, thanks for letting me know :D

9. And no we are not leaving because of raiding. We are leaving because we want something new, because without a reset for a very long time we felt as though the server was getting a bit same old same old.

10. Good luck, folks!

11. Bye folks and have fun wherever you go.

12. Well, this is sad to see but expected given the inactivity. Good luck.

13. @OtherGreenGamer Well, this is sad to see but expected given the inactivity. Good luck.

We hope the new server will help wih inactivity, as well as bi-weekly events and some other neat stuff we have planned (:

Thank you everyone for your kindness.

14. Will you guys ever come back to CM? If so, what would prompt it? Like raids stopping, more active server, reset, etc?

15. @OtherGreenGamer Will you guys ever come back to CM? If so, what would prompt it? Like raids stopping, more active server, reset, etc?

I doubt it, but only time will tell. We are moving to a modtly vanilla with raiding; raiding is not the issue. We moved mainly to start fresh with a new community and server. The rules there are more in line with the faction mindset as well. We will be able to host better events and expand better in this new community. So, I doubt we will come back, but as not all of our members are totally leaving, traces of us will probably still be found here in the future.

16. @OtherGreenGamer Will you guys ever come back to CM? If so, what would prompt it? Like raids stopping, more active server, reset, etc?

Like what Nerdie said the faction might not move back but members might hop on from time to time, I myself would probably ever come back if a reset happened, I feel as though it’s gotten a bit boring with out one

17. Edited 5 years ago by NerdieBirdieYT

I've had this site as an open tab on my mobile devices for ages because I checked it so often. I am now closing it for the foreseeable future.

I am totally open to doing base tours or other CM-related videos upon request. Please message me on Discord at NerdieBirdie#9481 to get in touch with me, as I will no longer be active on these forums. Already looking forward to a future CM video... looking at you, @sknup ! (;

Good luck on the server, everyone, and have fun!

or Sign Up to reply!