A Modest Proposal

1. ‹ Older
  2. 5 years ago

@MaggiAusDaKann Why should raiding/griefing make people active? lol ? thats suicide

-image-
    You should be able to solve this.

3. Deleted 5 years ago by r4iscool1
  4. I know i'm not much or have much but you guys can take my first kill and head and all I have if you leave them alone
    They put a lot of work and love into this place, and I'd cringe a bit to see it destroyed myself as dead of a player I am

5. That’d be a nice crater

6. Edited 5 years ago by Abbasilol

Cool, Cool.
    also, as long as yer a landlubber, ye have ter pay taxes ter da king, so, yeah.. ;)

7. I see two sides to this, really.

1. It's a raiding/griefing server. We should all be prepared to lose our builds at any given time; it's the nature of the beast. That's the whole point! You build, you get raided, you start over :) Play smart, play safe, and you'll most likely have a good time. It was a nice town, but it's time to go.

2. Whether joking or not, I find it in poor taste to somewhat mock the people that put tons of hours in on building this town. Extorting them for payment that you are definitely not owed just seems wrong. I personally don't see how constantly raining on players' fun is actually entertaining, but different strokes for different folks, I suppose.

Legit question, doesn't raiding and/or griefing get boring ever? Like, do you folks work on your own builds and such, or is your time on CM solely dedicated to raiding?

8. We aren’t mocking them its just a joke. As for the raiding part once we lost out first main base it was hard for us to rebuild seriously. Then we mostly lost interest for the server and so we stopped building stuff mostly. Everytime a raid has presented it self to us we take it. Usually we dont go looking for bases to raid that often. Lately its been like an incursion sort of with 3 people constantly flying looking for bases being supplied by our creeper farms. If the server resets most likely we will switch to more building focused.

9. Also, @Naidae couldn't the same be said about building too? Not siding with TE but building is arguably as easy to get bored of as raiding- Once you're out of ideas, you're out of ideas- plus this again is CM- like you said, raiding and griefing is open game.

And eventually, the builders have nothing left to build, they're just mainly sitting around nowadays, or end up becoming inactive. Also, if every one of CM didn't raid or grief and it was just building, there would be an unhealthy amount of tranquility and things would get boring, y'know? Nowadays there's very much hardly anything left to do on CM. Most of what's been built has been built. The Economy is severely broken and with structure generation in shambles- messing with any form of data is risky business so a reset is really the only good solution. Plus you know too, griefing isn't entirely a bad thing. Softatroll and good portions of SC weren't active but the griefing of Esepolis actually gave them something to do.

Craftymynes in general hasn't been very full like it has been in the last few months either even if school has been around for most people. With the reasons above, things just got stale man- When measures call people will do things to spice things up.

10. @Naidae Legit question, doesn't raiding and/or griefing get boring ever? Like, do you folks work on your own builds and such, or is your time on CM solely dedicated to raiding?

It seems like we're trying to raid all the time, but we're really just opportunistic, as darktyui clarified. Regardless of the circumstances - maybe someone accidentally leaks their base coordinates in chat/Discord, or one of us just happens to stumble across a random base, or we get juicy information from our huge network of moles, or staff modify a naturally generated village to have a totem in it for April Fool's and secretly change everything to melons - we'll go right ahead and pillage it.

And a squad of professionally trained pilots scouting out bases obviously presents lots of opportunities. :^)

11. I have it on good authority they didn't get to this location on their own, someone tpa'd them in.

That being said the "scout's honor" part is pretty much thrown out the window, even before this point was made. Everyone should know they'll just grief it irregardless. Hopefully someone can record the base to preserve it. Friend and Eberk ya'll are still fantastic builders

12. @FlashFood I have it on good authority they didn't get to this location on their own, someone tpa'd them in.

That being said the "scout's honor" part is pretty much thrown out the window, even before this point was made. Everyone should know they'll just grief it irregardless. Hopefully someone can record the base to preserve it. Friend and Eberk ya'll are still fantastic builders

that's where you're wrong, bucko. if you think we can't hold back on griefing something then you're just as bad as the other people who have entirely warped views on us (the people who don't talk to us like we're normal people)

13. @SharpSerac if you think we can't hold back on griefing something then you're just as bad as the other people who have entirely warped views on us

Can confirm, before we were ever really friends, I dropped them my base coords and when I came back over a year and a half later the worse they did was put a sign that said "grandma's milk and cookies"

14. -image-

15. @GrandpaCarl00 Also, @Naidae couldn't the same be said about building too? Not siding with TE but building is arguably as easy to get bored of as raiding- Once you're out of ideas, you're out of ideas- plus this again is CM- like you said, raiding and griefing is open game.

And eventually, the builders have nothing left to build, they're just mainly sitting around nowadays, or end up becoming inactive. Also, if every one of CM didn't raid or grief and it was just building, there would be an unhealthy amount of tranquility and things would get boring, y'know? Nowadays there's very much hardly anything left to do on CM. Most of what's been built has been built. The Economy is severely broken and with structure generation in shambles- messing with any form of data is risky business so a reset is really the only good solution. Plus you know too, griefing isn't entirely a bad thing. Softatroll and good portions of SC weren't active but the griefing of Esepolis actually gave them something to do.

Craftymynes in general hasn't been very full like it has been in the last few months either even if school has been around for most people. With the reasons above, things just got stale man- When measures call people will do things to spice things up.

@GrandpaCarl00 Well of course it goes both ways, but I was asking them specifically if raiding/griefing ever gets boring because I don't hear or see much in the way of building on their end. I think you took my question the wrong way-- I think raiders and griefers are a necessary part of the server and without them, the "survival" aspect gets taken down a peg. I was seriously just curious if they ever got bored with it; if builders get bored, I would think griefers would too from time to time.

and @darktyui Thank you for actually answering my question! It's appreciated :)

16. Do I really need to remind people that we didn't grief their last base simply because it was a nice build, no strings attached? Because that's exactly what happened, we raided it and left it as is, this time is not much different besides the fact we're asking for something in return to preserve their nice builds. Would save me a good bit of tnt anyways, it's a win-win situation really. https://forum.craftymynes.com/6948-harvestar-showcase-savannah-base/0/ And I'm sure it's still mostly untouched as we never leaked coords nor did we grief.

17. Deleted 5 years ago by r4iscool1
  18. If people are going to continue to insult or belittle each other this thread will be closed and those users suspended.

19. To get things back on track, they have 2 days to pay if they decide to do so.

20. lol

21. @iwarriiori To get things back on track, they have 2 days to pay if they decide to do so.

20 totems for a town u crazy dude? xD

22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!