problem with the rule structure and enforcement.

1. 4 years ago

Hi, it's me RIOT! Let's talk about how poorly designed the rules are!

this is the start to a long list

"Be respectful to other players
    Don’t use extremely derogatory terms or epithets. Don’t insult or personally attack others in excess. If someone asks you to stop, then stop."

being respectful to other players. good rule but we have rules that allow players to unjustly treat another player, raiding, killing new players, killing players who wish to be left alone. this creates tensions, tension arouses people.

but we have rules against being disrespectful, so we have to just be cool with being pillaged. because its just a game right? Well if it's just a game why is it wrong to insult, threaten, and verbally abuse another player, but its PROMOTED to kill, steal, destroy, other players, progress is being corrupted and it's not cool, that's hurtful. PvP outside of the PvP range should be banned unless consented too. because it's disrespectful to kill someone? if we are gonna be so serious about verbal enforcement why don't we be serious about treatment to other players? If it's just a game why is it so bad if someone gets offended by mentioning political matters if it's just a game why does it matter if someone mentions their religious perspectives.

This whole approach takes biased perspectives to the most elite players. players who can protect themselves, players with enchanted diamond armor, hundreds of kills. If we allow order in some areas and repress it in others it's not ethical to any extent. There are VIP players who literally just come online to irritate other players and they admit to it. This isn't cool, isn't fair, and isn't alright. Either we enforce the rules to make this a friendly and well-protected community or we allow people to do what they want and make this a community of freedom of expression, speech, and behavior. because of the pathetic and petty censorship, this forces these new players on this hierarchy that doesn't allow them to release their tensions. but these players fully suited in god armor. are perfectly capable of protecting themselves and can kill off whomever they please.

there are toxic people on this server which I enjoy playing so much because I have a deep appreciation to the time a dedication they put into creating a new spin of vanilla. This server is what I consider a coding masterpiece. I want this server to be a community I enjoy. If you allow players to do toxic things. we should allow players to express themselves.

#NoMoreElitism

2. WRONG!

3. @edward766 WRONG!

Could you please explain why?

4. @RIOT___ Could you please explain why?

Why do you have to be so salty over my opinion??! Deal with it.

5. Edited 4 years ago by Varvana

Oh buddy, just wait till i find ya, are you gonna cry about it on your post too? Get some big boy pants and deal with the ingame raiding which has different rules from **CHAT** rules.

6. @Varvana Oh buddy, just wait till i find ya, are you gonna cry about it on your post too?

I wasn't crying, I was saying either we make this server into full anarchy or make it protected. plus you're proving my point. this half anarchy isn't ethical

7. @edward766 Why do you have to be so salty over my opinion??! Deal with it.

I would simply like to understand your reasoning better???

8. The rules are pretty clear and perfectly balanced thanks to longtime Admin Blackened_Dawn and our great owner CraftyMyner.

9. Who killed you?

10. @mittins0w0 Who killed you?

many VIPs have raided and killed me. but that's really not the point. I want the freedom of expression just as equally as much as protection, one or the other really.

11. @iwarriiori The rules are pretty clear and perfectly balanced thanks to longtime Admin Blackened_Dawn and our great owner CraftyMyner.

rules are clear. unbalanced in my opinion but that's my perspective. People have this "it's only a game" attitude but mods will get angered about religious expression or political figures. so the chat is safe; but you can't insult or use words in a way to degrade other people, but if you're maxed out and powerful, you can stump on anyone???

12. @RIOT___ rules are clear. unbalanced in my opinion but that's my perspective. People have this "it's only a game" attitude but mods will get angered about religious expression or political figures. so the chat is safe; but you can't insult or use words in a way to degrade other people, but if you're maxed out and powerful, you can stump on anyone???

Yea

13. Deleted 4 years ago by Venetorem
  14. Edited 4 years ago by PapaNeon

As I explained in-game, PVP is allowed here. Griefing and raiding are all allowed here. Trash Talking (to a degree) is allowed here. What Isn't allowed, is you telling other players you hope they're assaulted and killed infront of their families.

This has nothing to do with "elitism", if you can't take the risk of getting killed by another player, maybe this isn't the server for you.

15. @PapaNeon As I explained in-game, PVP is allowed here. Griefing and raiding are all allowed here. Trash Talking (to a degree) is allowed here. What Isn't allowed, is you telling other players you hope they're assaulted and killed infront of their families.

This has nothing to do with "elitism", if you can't take the risk of getting killed by another player, maybe this isn't the server for you.

I know this, you know this. we established this, you are like every other mod stating the obvious. this isn't about what is allowed? this is about change.

16. @PapaNeon

this isn't about getting killed this is about the poor rule structure. to prevent these kinda things from happening? so we wouldn't have problems like that?

17. @outshOtz smh salty default scum mad because he died

follow the rules or get out, default

wow... Its a proposal of opinion, and freedom. not being mad and upset. I tried to be as ethical as possible. but its children we are talking about none of you would probably understand ethics to any extend having undeveloped brains. I am in favor of both more or less rules. I just think change needs to happen. so you can say what you'd like.

18. Edited 4 years ago by PapaNeon

"if you can't take the risk of getting killed by another player, maybe this isn't the server for you."

You're upset you got killed in a VIDEO GAME, so you resorted to attacking someones REAL LIFE.

I already told you, take the L and move on. We aren't going to change it to non-pvp just because you don't like it.

Move On.

19. Edited 4 years ago by BaronBattleBread

Craftymynes is a HARDCORE SURVIVAL server. You run the risk of being found- its part of the fun. We're a vanilla server- there is no protecting playerbases. Its wrong to threaten and verbally abuse others because there are kids around and cyberbullying is fking illegal.

Time end effort are a problem gap in any MMO with a progression system. In minecraft, the gaps are signifinatly smaller, with everyone able to obtain the same gear at roughly the same rate. What you can do with it, to survive the elements or attack others, is unique here.
    Everyone runs the same risks, the same chance of survival.

you talk about Ethics- Our rules have been forged over the years to create a balance between chaos and absolute harmony and the outcome is pretty simple: Some people are dicks.

The survival aspect stagnates once you get the gear. Theres Nothing in the world that can kill you if youre prepared, except the unimaginable dickery of another human choosing to, and that keeps things interesting, to know that at any moment some punk can wander over the hill, see your house and proceed to encase you in TNT.

The world is Finite- Eventaully, everyone gets raided. the trick is how long can you survive ;)

20. This is silly and arrogant on your part to presume that rules from a time tested server be changed simply because you’re not good at the video game.
    You are not required to play on CM. If the rules don’t suit you type of play, then rethink your desire to play on a hardcore vanilla server.

or Sign Up to reply!