Kinkybobo's Staff Application

1. 7 years ago

In Game Name: Kinkybobo

Time Zone: USA Central Standard Time

Strengths: From what I can tell I'm one of the older players here on CraftyMynes, I've been married a little over a year now and my mindset is headed toward that of starting a family. I know what it means to have responsibilities, and I understand the patience and effort it takes to maintain healthy relationships between friends and loved ones. As far as in game behavior goes, I've always been respectful of the rules. As far as my memory serves me, I have never been banned or even kicked, and the only time I've been spoken to about the rules were I believe on occasions where I reported other players while staff was online and just didn't realize it. I've helped more players than I can count in many different ways, from giving them a set of decent armor and a handful of items to get them back on track after having died or gotten killed by another player, to teleporting them to me so that they get back to their dropped gear or last location faster, and tpa'ing to them to help fend off monster attacks or lend building supplies. I adapt to new situations quickly and I'm familiar with many different topics and have a lot of experience with online games. On/off World of Warcraft player for nearly 10 years now in which I've been an officer in 2 different guilds. Both very successful and both filled with wonderful and helpful people I knew both in real life and online. I'm a dedicated gamer and generally spend 4-10 hours a sitting playing whatever game I happen to be playing... which here lately has been a lot of Minecraft lol.

Weaknesses: I feel like I don't know enough. It's frustrating sometimes... I've graduated from college, have had a steady job for nearly 5 years and by all accounts I'm doing well and performing ahead of where I should be... and yet I still catch myself in situations where someone way more inexperienced than me knows something really simple that I never picked up on, or someone will say something that offers up an entirely new perspective I never thought could exist. I feel like I'm behind and feel this constant need to catch up. In doing so I reach my goals but I miss little things along the way. Simply put, I know that I'm intelligent and capable enough to handle most situations, but sometimes I'm not sure if I made the best decision I could have, or if maybe I could've fixed a problem sooner and avoided a messy confrontation altogether.

Why are you Applying: To answer that, I've got to give you a little backstory... To begin... I never planned on playing Minecraft on a vanilla server everyday for nearly 3 or 4 months... It was back in February, a couple of friends of mine had just gotten back into Diablo 3 and I had been playing that for awhile. Not too many other interesting games were out and I found myself growing bored having maxed out the gear on like 3 different characters. Well I had been wanting to get back into Minecraft. My experience with Minecraft then at the time was limited to my creative world on my XBOX. I played Minecraft quite a lot and was pretty familiar with the game, but had only ever played with maybe 1 or 2 other people, and it was just when I was on and usually only If one of my real life friends was playing as well. I enjoyed building awe inspiring things and loved the sense of adventure and danger within the game itself... but survival felt so lonely that once I reached a certain point it was just creative mode where I had to find my own materials. Nobody ever really got to see the stuff I built besides me... I shared a couple of screenshots to Facebook but most people just thought that was weird. Then this one time though, another friend of mine said he started playing Minecraft on PC with some people he met online on a private server of theirs. I had tried a few times to play on PC but never on someones server, and actually had no idea there were "big" servers with lots of people on them at all. So I hopped on and was astounded at the difference... there were like 5 or 6 people on at any given time (small number now in comparison lol) and the world existed even if I wasn't online... they were all friends so there wasn't a player danger aspect there for me but it made survival mode and Minecraft as a whole feel like a brand new game. Unfortunately due to outside circumstances the owner had to stop playing and the server went down after about a week and a half. So back to February... I was bored of Diablo 3 and on a whim decided to see if there were any servers for Minecraft out there like the one I played on... imagine my surprise when I found multitudes of them, all boasting hundreds of different playstyles... factions, family servers, adventure/ Role playing whitelist servers... tons of different mods I'd never even heard of, it was crazy... I immediately started looking for servers that were more "Vanilla", I had only played on XBOX and my short stint on PC where there were no mods or gameplay outside the regular old survival stuff, and I didn't care for any of the fancy modded servers. Which is when I happened upon this list... and I bet you know what server was at the top of it. So I logged on and my adventure began. It was rough starting out on the 1.8 server. I ran out of spawn and was tailed by some guy who immediately killed the crap out of me. After being more careful and exploring a bit I quickly realized there were raided bases and abandoned buildings everywhere and that I should distance myself from any signs of player activity, So I just ran in a straight line as far as I could and told myself I'd stop when I didn't see any signs of players, which I hit at about 12k from spawn. From there I set up base, and just kept building, and watching and listening. I noticed this was more than just a random collection of people from the internet... it was nothing like WoW where trade chat (General chat) is full of idiotic ranting weirdos or gold farmers/hackers... this is a real community... with friendly people all living in this awesome survival world doing their own thing. That was before I discovered the active forum presence... again I had never seen anything like it... I was in a clan once for Halo: combat evolved that had a forum but it was nothing like this... people posting selfies and showing off their builds and real life computer setups and collections of random stuff... I don't know when exactly it happened, but this stopped being just a game for me somewhere along the line. This game... this server and its community have become a part of my life that I will never forget. I've learned so much from my short time here about people, about patience and respect, about helping and treating others with fairness and about life in general... I've taken things I've learned here and applied them to my actual life, and It has only improved because of it. CraftyMynes has has an everlasting effect that I will never be able to explain. Which brings us to the original question,

Why are you Applying?

Because I love this community. I love this amazing world that Crafty has built, I appreciate all the work he and staff have done, and every bit of effort that has been poured into maintaining this wonderful place we all call our virtual home. I have wanted to apply for staff for a little while now but I didn't feel like I was good enough. I didn't think I had what it took. So I opted to just observe and do the best I could to follow the rules and assist staff with any problems they were facing. To assist players in need and report those who would break the rules and purposefully do harm to the server and its community when there were no staff around to do so. Nysic in particular has been a sort of role model for me. Hes calm and collected no matter how outrageous and problematic a player causing trouble becomes, and always strives to be fair and just in his judgement. I realized after awhile I might never think of myself as good enough, but that's just being human, and so I made the decision to give it a shot. I would love the opportunity to have a more active role in helping the server if you guys would have me.

Ticks on 1.8 Server: 12,677,552 -------- Ticks on 1.9 Server: 24,355,055 ------- Combined: 37,032,607

Additional Note: Sorry for writing an essay. Blame my English 1302 teacher. She did a really good job lol.

or Sign Up to reply!