cepheid's Staff Application

1. 7 years ago

In Game Name: cepheid

Time Zone: EST

Strengths:
    I've never failed to be trustworthy, or betrayed/ripped off anyone on this server. Therefore, I believe I’m on good terms with everyone on the server that knows me, or at least if I have any enemies that’s news to me. I spend a lot of time on the server mining or doing other repetitive tasks that leave me with a lot of time to spend reading and responding to chat. My biggest personal strength both inside and outside of Minecraft is that I’m able to improve any learned skill very quickly. Most people on the server don’t know that I compete and have moderate success in the decathlon at a collegiate division 1 level. I honestly believe that the same trait that allows me to improve quickly at pole vault or hurdles in track also translates to improving at mining and farm building in Minecraft, and I hope it would allow me to improve in helping the CraftyMynes community. For Minecraft, I’m very good at following building patterns, building all kinds of technical farms, and mining (which I’ve put in hundreds of hours doing on this server).

Weaknesses:
    Between varying school work (currently a third-year physics major) and track obligations, at some points of the year I may be too bogged down to be very active on the server. My current living arrangement doesn’t allow me to use teamspeak or other audio chats very often (if ever). I’m hopeful that this will change in the near future, but for the time being my involvement with the community is almost exclusively limited to text form. Also, although I’ve been in leadership roles outside of Minecraft, this is by far the most amount of time I’ve spent in any online community, so I don’t have much experience in this type of role although I think I’ve done well fitting in so far. For Minecraft weaknesses I’m very weak at pvp and all types of aesthetic building.

Why you are Applying:
    Minecraft is the only video game I play consistently anymore, and CraftyMynes is the only server I play on, so I feel extremely invested in this server and helping its community to be something I want to be a part of.

Time Played on CraftyMynes (ticks): 31,068,026

Custom Note (optional):
    I’d like to be clear that I’m more interested with the task of helping out on the server more than the actual job title itself. I think I’ve been contributing positively to the community for some time now, and I plan on continuing whether or not I’m actually chosen for a position.

Also I’d like to put in a special thanks to wblaine128, CovertRaw, and adamblakely2, as well as anyone else that I’ve talked to and have seen their base (or I’ve let see mine). For a long time I always thought of myself as a solo player, but since I started trusting other people I’ve had more fun than I ever did alone. Getting to know people on the server, as well as seeing several incredible bases people have is what keeps bringing me back online :)

or Sign Up to reply!