best tpa traps

1. ‹ Older
  2. 7 years ago

@NutjobBob Will you post a tutorial or something I'm so curious! Or at the very least tell me how hard it is to build/gather the materials?

3. tsu

21 Jul 2016 Suspended

I carry a full inv of health pots, I don't need to react fast.

4. Even a full inventory will eventually run out lol

5. OR, you could just kill them without a trap.......

6. We're all to scared of you iwarriiori!

Here is cross-section of the trap
    -image-

The sand is actually an entity hovering above the fences. This means that when you try to break a block you just hit the sand instead. You cant place any blocks because the entity is in the way. Ender pearls hit the sand sand entity and teleport you nowhere (I think). You cant jump out because of the slabs above.
    It is actually possible possible to mine your way out if you stand on the very edge of a block, and face in one of the cardinal directions. However this is really difficult to do and will be impossible when taking damage ticks.

7. How do you get the sand to remain an entity? Some 1.9 thing I don't know about?

8. @Triatomic How do you get the sand to remain an entity? Some 1.9 thing I don't know about?

Place down a 3 block high tower. The place a fence connecting to the side of the 1st block. Then place a piece of sand on the side on the side of the 3rd top block and it should fall on top of the fence as an entity.
    I used to use it in some cool build designs, and i think that was how i did it.
    Alternativly you could place 2sand blocks on top of the fence post then destroy the lower sand block.

9. Best tpa trap:
    Be an asshole and get all your friends to mob them until they die.

A 5v1 probably won't go well, although survival is possible...

(@darktyui vs the 5 others in the arena that one time)

10. @FishW Place down a 3 block high tower. The place a fence connecting to the side of the 1st block. Then place a piece of sand on the side on the side of the 3rd top block and it should fall on top of the fence as an entity.
    I used to use it in some cool build designs, and i think that was how i did it.
    Alternativly you could place 2sand blocks on top of the fence post then destroy the lower sand block.

Guess I'm still not up to date with the mechanics! Thanks for the overview.

11. @NutjobBob We're all to scared of you iwarriiori!

-image-

The sand is actually an entity hovering above the fences. This means that when you try to break a block you just hit the sand instead. You cant place any blocks because the entity is in the way. Ender pearls hit the sand sand entity and teleport you nowhere (I think). You cant jump out because of the slabs above.
    It is actually possible possible to mine your way out if you stand on the very edge of a block, and face in one of the cardinal directions. However this is really difficult to do and will be impossible when taking damage ticks.

After much testing, I have come up with a recommendation for you and a conclusion.

First, you are right about ender pearls only teleporting you where you are, EXCEPT if they are aimed straight up and thrown. This lets them go through the slab roof. This can be fixed by adding another layer of blocks on the ceiling (corners too!).

As for the conclusion, this trap is inescapable assuming:

1. You remove space for chorus fruit teleportation and
    2. The player cannot survive long enough to mine the wall and
    3. The player cannot survive suffocation long enough to escape through the ceiling.

So just clog the whole place with obsidian and you should be good! (Actually not that hard tbh.)

12. why dont you do a tnt pit tp them in as you jump on plate and wear iron armour use a competent sword mob em so they lose health then when tnt goes off rip all gear

13. Edited 7 years ago by ViciousKangaroo

throw a zombie in there and keep throwing harming pots >:D and it will be x2 as deadly

14. Edited 7 years ago by TheForgotten20

most annoying tpa trap: get 5 friends to pinn someone in the corner using punch 2 and use string to block pearls then suffocate him

15. Edited 7 years ago by T0rsion

@TheForgotten20 most annoying tpa trap: get 5 friends to pinn someone in the corner using punch 2 and use string to block pearls then suffocate him

They could eat a gapple / use healing pots and escape..

16. they hae to fix how you can tp to someone even on half a heart

17. @NutjobBob We're all to scared of you iwarriiori!

-image-

I tried this on my self and it didnt suffocate me!

18. @ViciousKangaroo I tried this on my self and it didnt suffocate me!

It's not supposed to, it makes it so you can't break or place blocks to escape. Then you can kill them with arrows or harming potions while they're stuck there.

19. @NutjobBob It's not supposed to, it makes it so you can't break or place blocks to escape. Then you can kill them with arrows or harming potions while they're stuck there.

But how does the trapper get out :/

20. @ViciousKangaroo Gotta tp out.
    How about this. Set home on a block above a pressure plate next to the trap. Connect the pressure plate to a clock firing arrows or potions. When they tp to you, you tp home, break the block and land on the pressure plate to trigger the clock.

21. Eat a gapple/use regen II and have trigger command ready.
    Tp trap is impossible then.

All it takes is a quick finger and you can tp out MUCH faster than with a book.

or Sign Up to reply!