Exploits=Ban?

1. 7 years ago

Even though you could call exploits a loophole not every exploit is a loophole so my question is if there is a standard for whether or not an exploit can be classified as a loophole or even cheating? exploits aren't exactly giving people a advantage more so it's a tool that people need to figure out how to use such as for example any bedrock breaking technique.

2. Edited 7 years ago by Venetorem

The only thing we let you do is epearl up to the nether roof, choose to use an exploit in any other way shape or form and you will find yourself banned quite quickly, especially if breaking bedrock is involved.

3. @Nysic well that's one thing covered out of the many exploits known. thanks for informing I'm just trying to define the line of rule breaking to myself so I can do my things within it seeing that the rules page is a little too general in my book

Listen to staff members - Enough said! People will always find ways around the rules, staff reserve the right to make changes to the rules to cover these holes in order to keep the server a safe friendly place.

It's the one thing stopping it, it pretty much makes staffs' decisions on these things law... Any other exploits that are allowed or will that be all? Sorry for bothering you once again and seeming like a troublesome player but I want to keep the server safe and friendly as much as you do, Honestly.

4. @Grinning_Bobcat @Nysic well that's one thing covered out of the many exploits known. thanks for informing I'm just trying to define the line of rule breaking to myself so I can do my things within it seeing that the rules page is a little too general in my book

It's the one thing stopping it, it pretty much makes staffs' decisions on these things law... Any other exploits that are allowed or will that be all? Sorry for bothering you once again and seeming like a troublesome player but I want to keep the server safe and friendly as much as you do, Honestly.

This dilemma is the reason warnings exist. It's too much work to list all of the possible ways you can break the rules and send them through an illegal/legal filter, so staff instead sometimes make rules on the spot, and this is okay as long as it's within reason.

5. Jesus Christ I fucking love you but you should erase people off this world that literally have to use goddamn exploits to make their playtime easier in a game. Like wtf yo

6. @iDogeTwinkie I don't use them really, the only one that I've really used that was useful was the guide book to emmies one and Nysic caught and clarified it to me why I shouldn't do it. haven't done it since.

As for erasing exploit users *cough cough* anarchy servers *cough cough*

7. @Nysic The only thing we let you do is epearl up to the nether roof, choose to use an exploit in any other way shape or form and you will find yourself banned quite quickly, especially if breaking bedrock is involved.

Well said Nysic . Just to add It's best to always ask a staff member before doing anything you are unsure about cause once caught doing something you shouldn't be doing and it's to late .

8. @Grinning_Bobcat @Nysic well that's one thing covered out of the many exploits known. thanks for informing I'm just trying to define the line of rule breaking to myself so I can do my things within it seeing that the rules page is a little too general in my book

We can't explicitly list every possible situation that needs to be covered by the rules sadly hence the need for this rule.
    We do try employ it as least as possible instead using rules that specifically address the issue at hand however.

No other exploits will be allowed, if they are we will inform people, feel free to ask for clarity on specific situations however.
    Generally its pretty obvious what isn't and is allowed however, we aren't overly restrictive and it's easy to tell what is an exploit and what isn't.

9. Edited 7 years ago by Cileklim

@R4iscool1 Generally its pretty obvious what isn't and is allowed

It's not. I'm playing here in around 8 months and I just found out trading guide books for emeralds to villagers was not allowed for the first time in this thread.

10. @Cileklim It's not. I just found out trading guide books for emeralds to villagers was not allowed.

That isn't obivious ?
    I mean its clearly taking advantage of the server in a way that was not the intended function and which would not occur in standard vanilla, so to me it's a clear cut exploit.

11. @R4iscool1 That isn't obivious ?
    I mean its clearly taking advantage of the server in a way that was not the intended function and which would not occur in standard vanilla, so to me it's a clear cut exploit.

It would be much easier and less confusing for us if it was written in somewhere else. How are we supposed to avoid a rule that is not written in anywhere?

12. Edited 7 years ago by r4iscool1

@Cileklim It would be much easier and less confusing for us if it was written in somewhere else. How are we supposed to avoid a rule that is not written in anywhere?

By not trying to purposely gain an advantage and profit from a system designed to help players who lost their books ?
    I mean it clearly wasn't intended to make people wealthy.

We can't cover every explicit variation of behaviour that is undesirable and should not be allowed on the server sadly, it's just not possible without creating a document many pages long. We need the flexibility to close loopholes too that we hadn't anticipated and are not listed on the fly
    It probably will get added some time soon enough, since it's been brought up quite a bit recently with the upsurge in villagers but it's just one of many admin rulings.

You need not worry however, we would never ban without giving prior warning on a ruling that is not listed in the rules unless you are trying to purposely harm the server.

13. @2Chill Well said Nysic . Just to add It's best to always ask a staff member before doing anything you are unsure about cause once caught doing something you shouldn't be doing and it's to late .

what's too late? I haven't broken any bedrock but knew of someone that was going to look into it, I was just checking for them seeing they can't get online and don't have an account for the forum

14. Edited 7 years ago by 2Chill

@Grinning_Bobcat what's too late? I haven't broken any bedrock but knew of someone that was going to look into it, I was just checking for them seeing they can't get online and don't have an account for the forum

Reread mate , i am saying its best to ask before you or anyone does something they are unsure of and then its to late if someone sees you doing it .Never stated or even thought you did :P

15. "Well, we're pretty offended right now"

16. @iDogeTwinkie Jesus Christ I fucking love you but you should erase people off this world that literally have to use goddamn exploits to make their playtime easier in a game. Like wtf yo

bud switches?

17. ^^^^

18. @PenguinMytyMJ bud switches?

You're gonna want to kill me for this but I got no idea what those are lmao

19. @iDogeTwinkie You're gonna want to kill me for this but I got no idea what those are lmao

Basically a redstone mechanism that can detect changes in nearby blocks (short answer)
    p.s. sup doge, many wow's , much success on your trip ?

20. @2Chill Basically a redstone mechanism that can detect changes in nearby blocks (short answer)
    p.s. sup doge, many wow's , much success on your trip ?

That's swag. I'm in Germany rn. I don't like it. Too many strangers and I fucking suck at speaking German lol. Can't even wash my car without German language. I also saw a lot of cool cars. I saw a Ford Mustang from 1968. Seeing that made me to steal it but it was driving and I don't like running lol :P

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!