The future of Spawn Eggs

1. ‹ Older
  2. 7 years ago
    Edited 7 years ago by r4iscool1

@_Drachenzorn_ My opinion, SERVER RESET and fix everything that makes the economy of the server broken. As a pro-vanilla player I would like to see this settings/features:

1. mob-griefing enabled
    2. TP to/from HOME and SPAWN area only
    3. NO TPA.
    4. No nether roof travel
    5. No villager trader in spawn OR just some basic trader (default vanilla villagers)
    6. No creative items in crafty crates such as spawner eggs
    7. Set home using beds not books - link text
    8. Optional - fire spread enabled

I know this is quite a lot and I don't think its the right post, sorry for that. Just my opinion.

You are pretty much asking for the removal of everything that makes us CM and keeps us #1.
    If you really are such a radical purist then you should consider there is other servers which cater to this more specific need and it wouldn't make sense for us to move into their niche.
    I find it hard to believe that this would represent the best move for the server and the community, Its much more likely this would just lead to large numbers of players leaving the server.
    I think our current implementation of Vanilla fits the best with the majority of the servers viewpoint of what vanilla should be.

I mean we wouldn't be popular if we didn't do things mostly right, so when you propose changing the whole server in a very substantial way it seems unlikely that it will be a positive change.

3. Edited 7 years ago by Cileklim

@R4iscool1 The problem is we can't anticipate what Mojang will change in future updates, originally Shulker eggs were given out because at the time they seemed harmless and did not confer a great advantage over normal players. The introduction of 1.11 changed this obviously and led to a distinct advantage being given to a small number of players, which as a server that aim's to not be pay2win and fun for everyone is a bad thing.
    So it is indeed a problem and the only real solution is to stop putting eggs in spawners, unless you suggest we just remove Eggs from people that paid for them if the game changes and they turn out be too OP ?

Lag does make quite a lot of sense actually, it's not a huge concern but you are far far more likely to grind a useful spawner such as shulker than a bat spawner which in turn leads to more lag.
    We also have had some incidents of Shulker spawners specifically going out of control and having to be dealt with.

You could give them a different spawn egg and some craftycoins in return? You can't just remove the whole feature just for a single mistake.

Removal of this feature won't fix anything because shulker eggs are still out there; being used, bought, sold...

Bat spawners can be used for XP purposes so they will cause lag just as much as any other spawner(s).

The problem is not the spawn eggs. It's the shulker egg. I'm afraid the only solution to this problem other than map reset is to remove shulker eggs/spawners and give those players something else in return (different spawn egg, craftycoins, diamond blocks, an item with lore etc.). Removing a feature this vital should not be an option, cons are simply too many. My 0.02$

4. Im not offended by this comment. As a matter of fact I've been doing that, R4. Though I still love crafty. Its my first vanilla server. And I spent most of my playing time in the whole of Minecraft time here. Im just stating in my own viewpoint what I see on those servers that I feel I dont see in crafty. Thats why Im stating them here. I dont expect these to be implemented actually. At least I voice these so someone (staff or player) would think about it.
    And in my opinion what makes CM is the community. Second are the spawn or features that crafty and staff have to offer. And these suggestions are not entirely way out of the line.

5. Edited 7 years ago by cepheid

@Cileklim remove shulker eggs/spawners and give those players something else in return

I imagine players that bought vip+ just for the shulker egg would be devastated by this. Also, it would only further break the economy as players with a stockpile of shells would see their value instantly increase 1000% or more. I personally would trash all the shells/boxes I have stockpiled if asked, but I doubt others would do the same, and it would be an absolute nightmare for higher staff members to track down

6. Edited 7 years ago by Cileklim

@cepheid I imagine players that bought vip+ just for the shulker egg would be devastated by this.

As far as I know there are no ways for players to know which egg will be given in the next months crate.

Also, shulker boxes/shells are already out there but they can be obtained in a traditional way such as obtaining them from end cities so I don't think that the removal of shulker eggs would add value to the shulker shells in the market, but there is no way for me to foresee the future so...

7. Edited 7 years ago by cepheid

First of all, I currently am the shulker market. The instant I lost an infinite source of shells the price would get jacked up to at least 1 diamond block per shell (2 diamond blocks per box) until someone proves to me that they can be obtained in the end fast enough that they could sell at cheaper prices and have it be sustainable. This would be necessary for me to ensure I'd never run out of boxes for myself, because although I currently have a decent stockpile, players will always want more shulker boxes so I'd be forced to raise my price to disincentivise them buying everything I have. Effectively, I would instantly be by far the wealthiest player on the server. It wouldn't even be close.

Edit: To be clear this is NOT something I want. I believe gaining wealth should require a significant amount of effort and skill rather than dumb luck surrounding server rule changes

8. Edited 7 years ago by Cileklim

@cepheid First of all, I currently am the shulker market. The instant I lost an infinite source of shells the price would get jacked up to at least 1 diamond block per shell (2 diamond blocks per box) until someone proves to me that they can be obtained in the end fast enough that they could sell at cheaper prices and have it be sustainable. This would be necessary for me to ensure I'd never run out of boxes for myself, because although I currently have a decent stockpile, players will always want more shulker boxes so I'd be forced to raise my price to disincentivise them buying everything I have. Effectively, I would instantly be by far the wealthiest player on the server. It wouldn't even be close.

If spawn eggs were to be prevented from being put in spawners, that wouldn't stop you from being the richest player on the server. So it doesn't matter at all.

I'm not bothered of you being the richest player at all. In fact, when I compare "the decrease of VIP+ sales and the huge disadvantage to new players" to "you being the richest player", the latter wins. Also, shulker shells and boxes are meant to be expensive and hard to get. In fact, you saw the opportunity and striked first so in my opinion it's absolutely your right to take advantage of it.

I believe that the removal of shulker eggs/spawners will fix all the problems at once. It is the most effective and less impactful way to fix things.

9. Edited 7 years ago by sirchristopher10

@Cileklim If spawn eggs were to be prevented from being put in spawners, that wouldn't stop you from being the richest player on the server. So it doesn't matter at all.

I'm not bothered of you being the richest player at all. In fact, when I compare "the decrease of VIP+ sales and the huge disadvantage to new players" to "you being the richest player", the latter one wins. Also, shulker shells and boxes are meant to be expensive and hard to get so it's your right to take advantage of it.

I believe that the removal of shulker eggs/spawners will fix all the problems at once. It is the most effective and less impactful way to fix things.

I get your point but some players would be at a severe disadvantage to others. The economy is already broken but is it really. It is all in the eye of the beholder

10. @cepheid First of all, I currently am the shulker market. The instant I lost an infinite source of shells the price would get jacked up to at least 1 diamond block per shell (2 diamond blocks per box) until someone proves to me that they can be obtained in the end fast enough that they could sell at cheaper prices and have it be sustainable. This would be necessary for me to ensure I'd never run out of boxes for myself, because although I currently have a decent stockpile, players will always want more shulker boxes so I'd be forced to raise my price to disincentivise them buying everything I have. Effectively, I would instantly be by far the wealthiest player on the server. It wouldn't even be close.

Edit: To be clear this is NOT something I want. I believe gaining wealth should require a significant amount of effort and skill rather than dumb luck surrounding server rule changes

Agree ceph

11. Edited 7 years ago by Cileklim

@Sirchristopher10 I get your point but some players would be at a severe disadvantage to others. The economy is already broken but is it really. It is all in the eye of the beholder

But latter would be a disadvantage to some players AND whole server along with it. And I'm afraid you are right about thinking economy is broken. The only real way to implement this is a map reset.

@cepheid To be clear this is NOT something I want. I believe gaining wealth should require a significant amount of effort and skill rather than dumb luck surrounding server rule changes

Agreed!

12. @Cileklim But latter would be a disadvantage to some players AND whole server along with it. And I'm afraid you are right about thinking economy is broken. The only real way to implement this is a map reset.

True it is sad but I guess.. whatever makes the server better and more fair

13. Edited 7 years ago by Cileklim

@Sirchristopher10 True it is sad but I guess.. whatever makes the server better and more fair

That is exactly what we are talking about! This choice won't make the server more fair at all. So I, @Tez1010, @Cellexya, @Pimpcy, @Dennari43, @CovertRaw, @misterkickman, @Blesian, @Sofatroll, @_Drachenzorn_, @Rybye, @PenguinMytyMJ, @Quartz_King, @Valgys @Naidae and @Ham_Radio think that a map reset is the best solution to make things better and more fair.

14. I'm not doing jack shit if we are resetting the map now. fuck the ocean grinder

15. @CraftyMyner
    Will there be a map reset? If so, I'm all for it.

16. @Cileklim That is exactly what we are talking about! This choice won't make the server more fair at all. So I, @Tez1010, @Cellexya, @Pimpcy, @Dennari43, @CovertRaw, @misterkickman, @Blesian, @Sofatroll, @_Drachenzorn_, @Rybye, @Quartz_King, @Valgys and @Ham_Radio think that a map reset is the best solution to make things better and more fair.

i also don't object to a map reset, though i would be at a big disadvantage because i can't get on barely at all now because i have a real job so it might mean the end for me but you can still add my name to that list

17. Edited 7 years ago by Cileklim

@PenguinMytyMJ i also don't object to a map reset, though i would be at a big disadvantage because i can't get on barely at all now because i have a real job so it might mean the end for me but you can still add my name to that list

If this happens, I will personally help you build a new base, I promise! :)

18. Is it bad that I'm actually looking forward to the next map reset? Whenever it happens I'll be excited for it!

19. Edited 7 years ago by r4iscool1

@Cileklim You could give them a different spawn egg and some craftycoins in return? You can't just remove the whole feature just for a single mistake.

We cannot just take things from people that have brought them with real life money, it makes no sense, will cause huge trouble and mistrust nor do we have a precise list of who owns what eggs.
    Tracking down all the OP ones would be a nightmare.
    This is not the route we should be taking and I think most players would agree.

@Cileklim Removal of this feature won't fix anything because shulker eggs are still out there; being used, bought, sold...

Wrong it won't fix the current problem of shulkers but it will fix the future issues. We are trying to limit the damage caused by making sure it stays at only shulker eggs causing damage.
    Thankfully due to the cheap grinders the price has mostly become cheap and it's not too OP but we cannot rely on that in future cases nor should rare items be cheap and easily available.

@Cileklim Bat spawners can be used for XP purposes so they will cause lag just as much as any other spawner(s).

You are being intellectually dishonest if you claim that a bat spawner is just as likely to be used as a shulker spanwer and therefore will cause similar lag. Its quite clearly not the case.

@Cileklim The problem is not the spawn eggs. It's the shulker egg. I'm afraid the only solution to this problem other than map reset is to remove shulker eggs/spawners and give those players something else in return (different spawn egg, craftycoins, diamond blocks, an item with lore etc.). Removing a feature this vital should not be an option, cons are simply too many. My 0.02$

The problem is with the spawn eggs, since they are unobtainable items that we should not have being putting in spawners in the first place. This was not part of Mojangs intention for the game, since it's quite clearly overpowered even in the case of just cows and sheep. Therefore for the benefit of the server we will stop this service.
    It is not a feature, mojang never added this to the game nor is it vital since the vast majority of players do not have access it. So it is indeed an option and clearly the best one.

20. @Cileklim I'm not bothered of you being the richest player at all. In fact, when I compare "the decrease of VIP+ sales and the huge disadvantage to new players" to "you being the richest player", the latter wins. Also, shulker shells and boxes are meant to be expensive and hard to get so you wouldn't be dumb at all. In fact, you saw the opportunity and striked first so in my opinion it's absolutely your right to take advantage of it.

There's much more likely to be a deduction in VIP sales if we starting taking away items they brought.
    Therefore to prevent this problem in the future we will not admin commands to create spawners with eggs, it's not part of normal survival gameplay and it unbalances the economy wholesale.

21. @Cileklim If spawn eggs were to be prevented from being put in spawners, that wouldn't stop you from being the richest player on the server. So it doesn't matter at all.

No but it removes the future potential for damage which is what this move is designed to do.
    The boat of Shulker shells have already left the port, the damage is done sadly and it's not realistic nor fair to remove them.
    By removing the Eggs we prevent future damage and actually bring ourselves closer to what most would consider a vanilla experience.

We cannot remove items from players because we made a mistake giving them out, especially when they paid for them. That's neither fair nor relevant.
    Its quite clear the least impactful way is to prevent future problems this way by stopping putting the eggs in spawners.
    It does not fix the problem either, it just fixes the current issue which is Shulker shells, next update it could be polar bear eggs which are OP or Bat eggs. We cannot risk the change and we equally cannot take from the players.

22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!