The Economy is Undergoing Rapid Price Changes.

1. ‹ Older
  2. 7 years ago
    Edited 7 years ago by Ealdwine_Drasax

How does economy work? simple Supply and Demand. We already have the supply and demand of our resources, However I purpose this, what if the Emerald was used. It is rare, not able to be crafted into anything else. If we use it as a dollar or something of that nature, we could construct a strong and vibrant economy that would have its limits, but grow in a more controlled rate, and it would be sustained.

3. @Ealdwine_Drasax How does economy work? simple Supply and Demand. We already have the supply and demand of our resources, However I purpose this, what if the Emerald was used. It is rare, not able to be crafted into anything else. If we use it as a dollar or something of that nature, we could construct a strong and vibrant economy that would have its limits, but grow in a more controlled rate, and it would be sustained.

^ yeah.
    It's not exactly rare cause you can farm crops and trade for emeralds with villagers an infinite amount of times. But yeah I agree

4. True @Dennari43 but you are still working for those emeralds. You get me? Its still controlled instead of just mining for diamonds all day.

5. Yeah, I know many people that have a ton of diamonds who could be able to do the conversion themselves, but aren't willing to bc the market is settled on diamonds

6. My point is if the Capitalists changed the rules they would have no choice.

7. Edited 7 years ago by _Haxington_

So should we set up some sort of diamond to emerald exchange center? Lol

8. Edited 7 years ago by TheBlizWiz

Um

Guys

I was right
    -image-
    -image-

9. Wow I thought Cellexya had waaay more diamonds...
    Is she the richest or does someone have more?

10. TBH I dont know

11. This supports our belief we must work to aid the economy.

12. hi all

13. We had an emerald to diamond trade from a villager in the trade post and VIP lounge on the last server.

The results of this were not pleasant.

For me, there are no uses for emeralds other than to look pretty in a chest or maybe pyramid a beacon platform. They are not very useful to me.
    This is why I use diamonds as a currency. You can DO things with them. An emerald to diamond trade like one from the last map will cause inflation of diamonds and make them have little value. Unless you want that, leave the economy alone.

14. The economy is currently non existent.

15. Edited 7 years ago by Dennari43

@_Confederacy_ We had an emerald to diamond trade from a villager in the trade post and VIP lounge on the last server.

For me, there are no uses for emeralds other than to look pretty in a chest or maybe pyramid a beacon platform. They are not very useful to me.
    This is why I use diamonds as a currency. You can DO things with them. An emerald to diamond trade like one from the last map will cause inflation of diamonds and make them have little value. Unless you want that, leave the economy alone.

I think there's some miscommunication here. Let me clarify.

@_Confederacy_ We had an emerald to diamond trade from a villager in the trade post and VIP lounge on the last server.

I'm not sure about Ealdwine, but my suggestion has nothing to do with a villager trade for emeralds to diamonds. What I think we are both suggesting is that players that have lots of diamonds can freely trade their diamonds for large amounts of emeralds. A player based emerald to diamond trade. And before you say it, yes, some people out there would be willing to make these trades. I for one would. I find emeralds far more useful than diamonds. Once you have mending on everything, diamonds are, in all honesty, worthless in use and function.

@_Confederacy_ For me, there are no uses for emeralds other than to look pretty in a chest or maybe pyramid a beacon platform. They are not very useful to me.
    This is why I use diamonds as a currency. You can DO things with them.

Here I think you may have stopped reading posts. I directly explain this.

@Dennari43 Forget the use of diamonds versus emeralds, cause I know that's a reason people don't like emeralds. It's because you can't make tools and gear with emeralds, but diamonds you can. But we're not talking resources here. We're talking currency and economy. Diamonds are a resource. Emeralds are directly intended by mojang to be for trading, at least villager trading. They are meant to be minecraft currency. That might be why they don't have that many other uses for them.

As I explained in this previous post, emeralds are not meant to have a function beyond currency. That's what money is supposed to be like. You can't take a dollar bill or coin and use it for anything besides monetary value. That is exactly what emeralds are for. Your desire for a currency that is also a resource is not a true currency. It's trading jewelry for lumber instead of paying the man in cash.
    Yes you can DO things with diamonds. But you are NOT supposed to do anything with emeralds. They are solely meant as a currency. No other function.

16. She says it so poetically

17. @Ealdwine_Drasax She says it so poetically

:D Thanks!

18. @Dennari43 Your Welcome

19. Alright, i've read all the posts and this is the solution that has come out of this thread: Diamonds are too valuable so instead use emeralds as currency. I don't really see a problem with this, because rich players would still be rich players, since you can trade diamonds for emeralds, but at least then they can actually DO something with it, instead of stockpiling it, because the prices wouldn't (relatively) be as high.

20. Yes, that is correct

21. Edited 7 years ago by jabean

@builder7555 Alright, i've read all the posts and this is the solution that has come out of this thread: Diamonds are too valuable so instead use emeralds as currency. I don't really see a problem with this, because rich players would still be rich players, since you can trade diamonds for emeralds, but at least then they can actually DO something with it, instead of stockpiling it, because the prices wouldn't (relatively) be as high.

I feel like people are really over valuing diamonds in this discussion. They aren't at all hard to get if you put in the time to mine them; and "stockpiling" them isn't depleting the economy because they are realistically an infinitely expandable resource. If the amount of diamonds on this server was "fixed" and we all started out with a set amount and people hoarded them that would be the case but it isn't as anyone can go down to the lower Y levels and find them.
    I prefer trading diamonds as the currency of choice because of their utilitarian nature and they provide an incentive for people to trade the rarer items like shulker boxes and beacons whenever I put out a purchase request for them; people who are looking to sell these items aren't going to want emeralds, even in bulk. As one of the "rich" players on this server I happily overpay or under-price items whenever I buy/sell because I don't view them as being super rare or hard to obtain. I think a lot of people like me who spend most of their time mining end up "stockpiling" diamonds because there simply isn't really anything out there that we can't obtain through mining so we don't have any incentive to add our diamonds into circulation.
    It may be an unpopular opinion but I feel like the barter system/economy is working out really well for us compared to the last server as there aren't any OP villager trades and you're forced to negotiate with other players to get items you really want. On the last server I probably traded with other players a handful of times and did the bulk of my trading through the villagers in the TP and VIP lounges. I feel like the economy has gotten a lot better since the reset, but that is just my two cents.

Here's a screencap from today of one of my shulker boxes that I keep in my e-chest for proof as well as the stats page showing how many blocks I've mined since the last reset. Using mending on everything has pretty much eliminated any consumption of diamonds for me so everything I get is pretty much straight profit. -image- -image-

22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!