Give weakness to those in jail

1. 6 years ago

I was walking around spawn and I read the sign that said "No compensation for damage" and I wondered why they are even able to hit you in the first place. Giving these players weakness will prevent them from punching anyone at all.

2. where is the challenge in that, lol

3. @humfrydog where is the challenge in that, lol

just a helpful addition, there doesn't need to be a challenge there lol it's a punishment for cheaters

4. It's fun watching them try to fight back

5. ^

6. Edited 6 years ago by r4iscool1

Pretty sure It's already applied to them.
    Anyway, you can't break though resistance 255 with any hack, I can spam someone with a sharp 255 maxed God sword and not even take a heart.
    The sign is more to do with admin hitting people in jail and destroying armour.

7. @R4iscool1 Pretty sure It's already applied to them.
    Anyway, you can't break though resistance 255 with any hack, I can spam someone with a sharp 255 maxed God sword and not even take a heart.

players in jail from my experience can still hit you and degrade armor

8. @SharpSerac players in jail from my experience can still hit you and degrade armor

They can hit you yes but weakness doesn't prevent that.
    AFAIK, there's no way to have someone hittable without opening yourself to be hit.

9. Pretty sure the current weakness prevents degradation too.

10. Actually having weakness prevents you from punching someone. You can go ahead and test that but I know it's true from experience

11. To a point yes, but youll find that players in jail who end up using Higher levels of KillAura can still hit you. they manage to make swings between ticks of the weakness effect, which is stupid, but still happens.

thats the easiest way for me to explain it anyway.. ive never actually researched it, thats just what i think happens.

12. Just wondering, would giving them mining fatigue help at all. Not sure how KillAura works but shouldn't it make them able to hit you considerably less often?

13. Edited 6 years ago by GibsonAxe

There's a simple solution if you wish to preserve your armor durability, don't wear it when killing jailed players there isn't even a need for it there. It really is simple too,to not want to take it off is just an excuse of laziness which im sure woulda been made :P

14. :P

15. @GibsonAxe There's a simple solution if you wish to preserve your armor durability, don't wear it when killing jailed players there isn't even a need for it there. It really is simple too,to not want to take it off is just an excuse of laziness which im sure woulda been made :P

i have mending on my armor i couldn't care less if it gets damaged lol. i was just wondering "why are they able to hit us in the first place" since it seems ridiculous that they can

16. @R4iscool1 Pretty sure It's already applied to them.

You can't die except from void starting at resistance 5

Also how about mining fatigue 255, they can get 1 hit but then they stop

17. They do get weakness, it's just only once when they enter. After that, they don't have weakness.

18. This might be a stupid question, and it probably can't be done without plugins, but I may as well bring it up.

Is it possible to set a block permanently to be a lingering potion effect? For example, you could turn a block of air within the jail into a lingering potion effect of weakness. Perhaps the other air block in the jail could be changed into lingering blindness. If these lingering effects were somehow set to stay forever with the use of command blocks, every time they respawned the effects would be applied.

Perhaps that is impossible or would cause a ton of lag, I have no idea. Just an idea. :)

19. That would likely be some sort of repeating command executing in spawn. My guess is that it would add some sort of lag for something that is really not necessary.

20. @CraftyMyner That would likely be some sort of repeating command executing in spawn. My guess is that it would add some sort of lag for something that is really not necessary.

aren't there already a ton of conditional command blocks in spawn constantly testing to see if something meets a certain criteria though?

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!