Broken window theory of crime!

1. 4 years ago

A house has one broken window.

neighborhood kids throw rocks and think it is ok to break the other windows.

Neighborhood homeless think it ok to enter the house now that the windows are all open.

drive by thieves casing the nieghborhood think it is ok to steal the copper from the house now that vagrants are living there.

murders kill the homeless to "clean" up the neighborhood because the thieves stole the copper.

see how one broken widow can transform a tiny community from a safe place to a place where killing is acceptable!

Please do not steal end rods from roads or the same thing will happen to craftymynes, Players will think it is ok to kill other players!

killing is bad! stealing is bad! those who steal and kill will not want to play here long after the server is only filled with thieves and murderers!

Lets build nice things. Lets not break nice things. lets have nice things. lets have a high quality of life with no killing!

so first step is to stop stealing from roads! The first step is to replace end rods stolen from roads!

I am so angry that noobs do not understand stealing cheap end rods that can be crafted in hours causes players to not want to build end roads which would help players get shulker boxes much quicker!

stealing cheap items prevents the production of expensive items!

Oh well end of rant!

2. Shame on the defaults for stealing the end rods! They will pay for this!

3. Get em Jay Keller, tell it how it is

4. Edited 4 years ago by j____a____r____d

Typical tragedy of the commons, what a shame. Defaults won't ever understand that we VIPs work hard to create end paths for the whole community to earn end rods, shulkers, and elytra beyond their wildest dreams.

5. @Jkeller4000 killing is bad! stealing is bad! those who steal and kill will not want to play here long after the server is only filled with thieves and murderers!

Yea, about that...

6. Hi @Jkeller4000 it was me. Now that i know it was you, i'm sorry about it. I will give you the rods. I was new to the end, i don't have experience with it, i thought it was naturally generated, it seemed so to me since it was immersive, and i asked in chat if someone made this and no one replied. After i took a bunch i started to notice the gaps between the rods are not consistent, that's when i thought it was man made. So i was like what the hell i made it this far.
    Anyway im sorry about it because i like you. but at the same time im not sorry and i don't agree with your post. Because when was morality when people killed me left and right for no reason? I'm very nice and willing to give for free but some grief me many times and break my heart many times. No one cares. morality doesn't exist.

7. It's ironic that i did it after you helped me kill a shulker xD

8. @deyahruhd

we do?

9. Group A only builds.
    Group B only destroys.
    Group A gets tired of getting their shit destroyed and leaves.
    Group B has nothing to destroy and leaves.

10. @srakath

very true

11. Edited 4 years ago by Compos

@Carl_Sagan1 Anyway im sorry about it because i like you. but at the same time im not sorry and i don't agree with your post. Because when was morality when people killed me left and right for no reason? I'm very nice and willing to give for free but some grief me many times and break my heart many times. No one cares. morality doesn't exist.

Yeah this is kind of the point of the post in a general sense, that we all have to work hard together to make the world a better place. If someone kills you then you have no incentive to make the world a good place. and if i get raided then i have no incentive to make the world a better place.

Which is why all my bases are basically holes in the wall because i do not feel like putting much time nor effort into them knowing they will get destroyed. also why i did not take the time to space the end rods in a pattern because they are too easy to break. It is kinda cool I bet some psychologist can see how bases are constructed and know how long a player has played on the server based on how ugly/cheap the base is.

I mostly just like venting and complaining. to me half the fun of being raided is to complain about being raided very loudly!

It is cool to me, I heard once humans play to learn more about the world. It is cool to learn and see how crime has far reaching impacts other than just the direct crime itself.

@srakath Is the solution "charity" If someone get killed and stolen from but there is a charity there to give them back all the things they lost. will they be less likely to steal and raid in the future? or if players get things for free from a charity . will they think that stealing is the same as getting things for free so they will steal more?

12. @Jkeller4000 <3

13. @Jkeller4000 Yeah this is kind of the point of the post in a general sense, that we all have to work hard together to make the world a better place. If someone kills you then you have no incentive to make the world a good place. and if i get raided then i have no incentive to make the world a better place.

Which is why all my bases are basically holes in the wall because i do not feel like putting much time nor effort into them knowing they will get destroyed. also why i did not take the time to space the end rods in a pattern because they are too easy to break. It is kinda cool I bet some psychologist can see how bases are constructed and know how long a player has played on the server based on how ugly/cheap the base is.

I mostly just like venting and complaining. to me half the fun of being raided is to complain about being raided very loudly!

It is cool to me, I heard once humans play to learn more about the world. It is cool to learn and see how crime has far reaching impacts other than just the direct crime itself.

@srakath Is the solution "charity" If someone get killed and stolen from but there is a charity there to give them back all the things they lost. will they be less likely to steal and raid in the future? or if players get things for free from a charity . will they think that stealing is the same as getting things for free so they will steal more?

if u give players stuff more than likely they wont betray u till maybe way later on

14. I am griffer and nurder

15. @Schlocked I am nurder

youre a what now? cmonBruh

16. i think this has fizzled out

or Sign Up to reply!