OtakuInAlaska Staff Application

1. 7 years ago

OtakuInAlaska Staff Application

In Game Name: OtakuInAlaska (aka: Ota, salmon guy, hey dummy)

Time Zone: Alaska

Strengths: I am a very active player due to my job(s) and social life or lack thereof, with gameplay hours varying each day. I enjoy engaging in conversation via chat and my repertoire of insignificant retorts seems endless. I remember what it was like when I first started playing MC a few years ago, and thanks to a great mentor, I still enjoy it as my number 1 source of entertainment. As a Zen Buddhist, i do not grief, raid or steal, although i may joke about it, and am very passive and forgiving when it happens to me. As a single father of a disabled daughter, I have learned patience and enforcement with a kind hand (although we all have our limits on stupidity and abusiveness).

Weaknesses: My weaknesses are many, and some of which i have no interest in changing. Let us begin the list... I am a horrible architect/builder thus usually focus on one task (usually farming). I do not know many dynamics of the game, ie: chunks, redstone, etc... Although I do try to keep up with chat, there are times that even a Zen Buddhist thinks to himself "If I could just concentrate on my task without being bothered" and may miss important information. I have a weak memory. I believe the last 3 issues must be stated for this to be a fair evaluation. When it comes to players whom are exhibiting stupid, rude, argumentative against staff/rules types of behavior, i tend to with them punished for their actions (like a kick to remind them to stop) after being warned. Next, I understand staff/helpers must monitor chat when on to completely fulfill their duties, however when I am focused on a specific task, I tend to focus on the task only and may ignore chat for a few minutes. And lastly, I have been diagnosed with a very mild form of Narcolepsy (I tend fall asleep instantly and may last 10-45 minutes in some cases), thus I do get logged off quite a bit due to inactivity. For this I am sorry, but I have no control over it (and I work 80 hours in 6 days each week as a night dispatcher for a cab company and as a radio host at a local radio station on weekends).

Why you are Applying: I like to help those in need and as such I do not sell or trade items i have. i generally give them away, if i can spare them. My philosophy here: "I came to this server with nothing, what I have now if lost, can be regained through time and labor. " I would like to see the community fluxuate as real life does. People from all walks of life including the "bad" people that grief and raid. But certainly I would like to see it done in a friendly, or at least fair environment for all to enjoy.

Time Played on CraftyMynes (ticks):
    In 1.9: 24,135,415 at time of application: 10:10am Monday, June 6, 2016

Custom Note: Thank you in advance for taking the time to read through this application. If I am found worthy as a successful candidate and am chosen as a Helper, I hope that I may fulfill my duties as staff would approve. If I am not chosen as Helper, I understand that this is not to be taken personally, and it would just mean perhaps this is not my time to be in that position.

or Sign Up to reply!