1. 7 years ago

So I have been "Timed Out" like 6 times in the past 15 minutes. I have restarted minecraft after having closed it out completely. This is very frustrating. Any useful suggestions of a technical nature would be greatly appreciated.

2. also: Internal Exception: java.io.IOException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host is another thing that is posted when the connection is lost.

3. Could it be an issue with your internet connection?

4. It could also be from afking too

5. Slightly off topic but related: Anyone join and see that "Downloading Terrain" screen for 15 or so seconds or is that just me? (I wouldn't be concerned except it leaves your player entity vulnerable and I have died quite a few times because of this)

6. afk: away from keyboard means I am not doing anything or walking etc. I am being "timed out" whilst gardening and puttering round my camp feeding animals and the like so NO afk is not why.

7. You mad?

8. Edited 7 years ago by Dannysharks

It could be your internet? My laptop has a buggy network adapter and when i connecting during its buggy times, i get those messages

9. Simply explaining in small words so the simple can understand. (coughCaptiancough) It turns out that there were two modems in the house that were literally within inches of each other competing for the wireless signal. I took Gibsonaxe's advice and chose one to follow and found out how to "ignore" the other one. The problem seems to be remedied now.
    Thanks to all.

10. Confederacy: yes that was also happening to me. My wireless connection was "roaming" which is moving back and forth between wireless adapters. It hasn't done that since I fixed the network permissions.

11. Lol i was kidding

or Sign Up to reply!