Stefan_MG's Ban Appeal

1. 7 years ago
    Edited 7 years ago by Stefan_MG

Stefan_MG

I was banned for repeated chat violations after being accused of trolling. Among the statements for which I was warned/ banned are "does santa claus exist?" and "what should I do if I get my girlfriend pregnant?" I had also received a warning after merely referencing the religion of Zoroastrianism, a religion which is practiced by only 190,000 people across the world. This constitutes 0.00257% of the global population.

The statement which was apparently the final straw and for which I was ultimately banned was "my dad made minecraft"

I do not believe that my statements/ questions fall under the rule for which I was banned. The rule is as follows: Practice good chat etiquette - Don’t use caps, don’t spam, don’t discuss controversial, sensitive or offensive topics (e.g. sex, sexual identity or preferences, race, politics, religion, drugs, etc.), no advertising, no links, no trolling.

While I do concede that the pregnancy question was a bit to far and I will surely refrain from such topics in the future, the others were simply meant as playful jokes. Asking if santa claus exists is not trolling, its just being silly. The fact that the actual ban came from my statement that my dad made minecraft is beyond absurd and utterly indefensible. Are players to be banned simply for saying things that are obviously false? "The sky is green" BANNED

I believe that the mods were unfairly biased against me, and somehow expected me to know that asking silly, pointless questions was a bannable offense. I think that the rules should be a lot more clear about what constitutes a bannable offense if such questions as I have asked truly are against the rules.

2. Ello, I'm the mod that banned you

Before i even logged on, you were causing problems or another staff member, and the entire time i was on, nearly everything you said required us to tell you to stop.

Practice good chat etiquette - Don’t use caps, don’t spam, don’t discuss controversial, sensitive or offensive topics (e.g. sex, sexual identity or preferences, race, politics, religion, drugs, etc.), no advertising, no links, no trolling. Please only use the minecraft font and English in global chat. Also part of chat etiquette is having an appropriately named character since your name appears on the player list and in chat. If your name is inappropriate you will be asked to change it. You will likely be banned until you do.

Listen to staff members - Enough said! People will always find ways around the rules, staff reserve the right to make changes to the rules to cover these holes in order to keep the server a safe friendly place.

You will be unbanned in 1 day from the time of your appeal. Take this time to fully re-read and well-verse yourself with the full list of rules

~Ven

3. Edited 7 years ago by Venetorem

You have been pardoned

or Sign Up to reply!