Duplicit_Taint's Ban Appeal

1. 7 years ago

IGN: Duplicit_Taint

Reason for Ban: "inappropriate IGN"

Why I should be unbanned: Whoever banned me, said in chat that I had an "inappropriate name", so i attempted to explain that it is only inappropriate to those who either have a dirty mind, or who use it in a dirty context. The person that banned me, did not let me explain my name's meaning before jumping from a kick with the message "change your name before joining", to an instant ban. I originally created the name because of a movie that i had watched in which the term was NOT used in an inappropriate way. If someone could please get back to me on this topic, it would be greatly appreciated.

2. Hi! I was the Admin that banned you. Here is a list of the things you said before myself and another staff member noticed your name:
    [13:56:02] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <Duplicit_Taint> if abortion is murder, is masturbation genocide?
    [13:56:40] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Server: Kicked Duplicit_Taint from the game: 'Reason: Wrong topics in chat']
    [13:56:40] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Duplicit_Taint left the game
    [13:56:50] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Duplicit_Taint joined the game
    [13:57:06] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <Duplicit_Taint> excuse you sir, but a warning would have sufficed
    [13:57:31] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <Duplicit_Taint> a "verbal" warning would have sufficed...
    [13:58:03] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <Duplicit_Taint> i am physically incapable of reading

As you can see, you had a very trolly way of responding when a staff member gave you a kick that you deserved. Then we both noticed your name. Had you returned apologetically, I might have given you the benefit of the doubt, but you didn't and I didn't.

The same staff member kicked you regarding your name and, again, you returned infuriated.
    [13:59:26] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <Duplicit_Taint> wtf!?
    [13:59:39] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <Duplicit_Taint> what is wrong with my name!?
    [13:59:43] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <Duplicit_Taint> i would LOVE an explanation
    [13:59:57] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <Duplicit_Taint> how tf is it inappropriate?!?!!?!
    [14:00:26] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <Duplicit_Taint> only if you have a dirty mind!!!
    [14:00:37] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <Duplicit_Taint> wtf is wrong with u dude. honestly.
    [14:00:56] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <Duplicit_Taint> either your talking about it sexually, or your talking about it in a current state of something

I've given this case a fair amount of thought since it occurred, and here is where I stand. While I completely disagree with the way you approached the other staff member after the first kick (which you definitely deserved) and I disagree that I didn't give you time to explain your names meaning before i banned you (as you can see above), I admit that now that I have thought it over, my mind jumped to the worst meaning of your name when I banned you. I apologize and will unban you right away. Please do be careful with the chat offenses though! I look forward to playing with you again on CraftyMynes!

or Sign Up to reply!