TabooWolf's Ban Appeal

1. 7 years ago

In Game Name: TabooWolf

Reason for ban: Calling Venetorem out for abuse of power

Hello again. TabooWolf back with some brand new formatting!
    The reason for my appeal is that, with the utmost sincerity, I am sorry for making Venetorem so upset. I didn't realize in joining this server that she/he was so delicate so as to not be able to take a joke. After receiving a temp ban for what was obviously jest I called the abuse and was promptly perma-banned for my honesty. This is my second appeal as my first one wasn't sincere enough. So here's a working definition of sincerity.

sin·cer·i·ty
    sinˈserədē/
    noun
    the quality of being free from pretense, deceit, or hypocrisy.

By this definition the only way I could really rectify my last post is to lay out exactly the words that got me banned. After my temp-ban for very slight reasons, I told mod Venetorem that he/she is "a literal nazi." Referencing the cultural censorship of art and conversational readings. Above that, this is also a joke, that no sensible person would take that great an offense to. For a vanilla server it seems very heavily regulated.

So with complete sincerity, which doesn't mean kissing up to the mod that banned me, I would like to appeal this ban on the simple grounds that this server has a few reasonable mods who don't ban for the most minor of upsets. I truly enjoyed the free nature of this server and once again, it's a real bummer to be banned for such a lame reason by such a lame mod.

Taboo out.

2. Ello, I'm the mad that banned you

Hello all. I've always had a bit of a slight satirical inclination, but never with the intent of being mean. Today I was banned after an telling a mod that "I will ban him, cause my dad works for microsoft." An obvious joke to any normal person.

It matters not if it's a joke or not, but i'll get back to that later on

This mod however took great offense to it and banned me for trolling him and calling his abuse of power.

Yeah, like this is the first time some kid has gotten salty because i enforced the rules, but go on

I've always thought of mods as impartial and not so easily upset by whimsical jests.

And that is exactly what a mod should be, when not enforcing the rules that they are supposed to protect.
    "Oh, this kid is joking, i'm just gonna ignore these 3 rules they're breaking"
    Yeah, no. That's not what a mod is.

I'm not sure if you know this, but mod actually means moderator
    as in someone who moderates chat and makes sure there are no rules being broken
    But let me get off my soap box and get back to the matter at hand

This is one of the cooler actual vanilla servers I've been able to find and after about an hour of work, it's a real bummer to be banned. So for better or worse that's my tale, sorry whichever mod I hurt so bad. From the bottom of my heart I'm truly sorry.

I might've taken your apology as sincere
    ...that is if you hadn't followed it up with...

Ps. My dad still might ban you

Calling Venetorem out for abuse of power

It makes them so much more fun to tear apart, honestly.

Hello again. TabooWolf back with some brand new formatting!
    The reason for my appeal is that, with the utmost sincerity, I am sorry for making Venetorem so upset. I didn't realize in joining this server that she/he was so delicate so as to not be able to take a joke.

good, good. You sound very sincere, and feel remorse...

After receiving a temp ban for what was obviously jest I called the abuse and was promptly perma-banned for my honesty. This is my second appeal as my first one wasn't sincere enough. So here's a working definition of sincerity.

sin·cer·i·ty
    sinˈserədē/
    noun
    the quality of being free from pretense, deceit, or hypocrisy.

Aaaand you're salty again

By this definition the only way I could really rectify my last post is to lay out exactly the words that got me banned. After my temp-ban for very slight reasons, I told mod Venetorem that he/she is "a literal nazi." Referencing the cultural censorship of art and conversational readings. Above that, this is also a joke, that no sensible person would take that great an offense to. For a vanilla server it seems very heavily regulated.

Yes, i did take offence to the act of belittling one of the gravest tragedies that occurred in our history. It's on obviously controversial topic

So with complete sincerity, which doesn't mean kissing up to the mod that banned me, I would like to appeal this ban on the simple grounds that this server has a few reasonable mods who don't ban for the most minor of upsets. I truly enjoyed the free nature of this server and once again, it's a real bummer to be banned for such a lame reason by such a lame mod.

If enforcing the rules set in place that govern this server and make it what it is makes me lame, so be it. I will not stand for troll like you who don't comprehend the severity of what goes on around them.
    que the scene

[14:17:14] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <Mr_Skipper01> ej szymon
    [14:17:27] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <Mr_Skipper01> chod? znajdziemy jakis polski maly serwer frakcje z pluginami
    [14:17:27] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <HolyNova> co?
    [14:17:35] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <Mr_Skipper01> bo mam lagi
    [14:17:38] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§9Venetorem§r> english only in main chat[/b]
    [14:17:42] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§6Tez1010§r> speak english in chat pleas[/b]
    [14:17:43] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <Mr_Skipper01> ok im sorry

note, Mr_Skipper stopped when he was told to

[14:17:43] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <HolyNova> w sumie
    [14:17:52] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <TabooWolf> hola
    [14:18:01] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <HolyNova> well you won't tell me what to do
    [14:18:01] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§6Tez1010§r> english please[/b]
    [14:18:08] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <HolyNova> bitch please
    [14:18:08] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] GrinningBobcat fell from a high place
    [14:18:12] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§6Tez1010§r> this is necessary to moderate the chat[/b]
    [14:18:13] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <TabooWolf> muy bien english me gusta
    [14:18:35] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§3OtherGreenGamer§r> Speak english in main chat d00d[/b]
    [14:18:36] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] HolyNova left the game

note, HolyNova was kicked because they didn't

[14:18:36] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <Mr_Skipper01> but what if i want to communicate with someone but i cant explain in english
    [14:18:52] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <TabooWolf> can you non-english in private chat?
    [14:18:53] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <ViciousKangaroo> do /msg
    [14:19:00] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§3OtherGreenGamer§r> You can pm people in /msg chat
    [14:19:07] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§6Tez1010§r> you may use any language in private chat

[14:19:32] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§2boonlen9§r> can i use wing dings in chat if i speak english?
    [14:19:42] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§9Venetorem§r> if you want to be kicked
    [14:19:45] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§2boonlen9§r> aw
    [14:19:49] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§6Tez1010§r> mojang font only

[14:19:59] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <TabooWolf> das racist

I could have kicked/banned anyone of you at this point, including you, but I didn't
    later on, this conversation took place

[14:20:04] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <yourboyaryan> how do you ban people
    [14:20:12] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <TabooWolf> you type /ban
    [14:20:17] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§9Venetorem§r> I ban people, you dont
    [14:20:25] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <TabooWolf> dont test me
    [14:20:34] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <TabooWolf> my dad works for microsoft
    [14:20:45] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§9Venetorem§r> good for you, dont give a fuck
    [14:21:04] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <TabooWolf> he'll ban your whole family

that is a threat toward a staff member. It does not matter if there's actual malice behind it or not

[14:21:17] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§9Venetorem§r> uh-hu, you wanna keep going down this path?
    [b][14:21:32] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§9Venetorem§r> cuz it's leading toward a kick

This warning is clear as day. "Stop doing what you are doing."
    But what do you do?...

[14:21:43] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <TabooWolf> *Venetorem has been banned from earth*
    [14:21:54] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <TabooWolf> *Reason: being too serious*

[14:22:07] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] TabooWolf left the game

You keep doing it anyway

[14:22:18] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§9Venetorem§r> next is a ban

Again, plain as day. "I will ban you. Stop now"

[14:22:22] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <TabooWolf> what was againat the rules?
    [14:22:33] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§9Venetorem§r> stop trolling
    [14:22:42] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <TabooWolf> you're a literal nazi

And this was the straw that broke the camel's back
    Seeing as this is your first ban, i would set it at one day, but i'm gonna bump it up to two because i don't believe you understand that rules are made for a reason, and only work when they're enforced

We will see you in 48hrs from the time of your second appeal

~Ven out

3. due to actions on the server, your ban has been extended to 7 days

or Sign Up to reply!