wblaine128's Staff Application

1. 7 years ago

IGN: wblaine128

Time Zone: Eastern

Strengths:
    I believe I possess the maturity necessary to maintain the integrity of the server in an appropriate manner. I always treat other players respectfully and am welcoming to new players. While it is easy for some to belittle and disrespect people they contact on the internet because they can't place a face on the person behind other screen, I avoid doing so and want everyone to have a good time. For this reason, as a helper, I would be able to help make CraftyMynes a fun place for all by handling problems in a composed way. As another strength, I am familiar with the rules and often try to help staff maintain them. When I encounter an obvious hacker or witness a violation of the rules (chat violations, inappropriate skins, etc), I PM an online staff member or post a report on the forums (if no staff are online). In terms of Minecraft strengths, I consider myself to be a decent builder/redstoner and very familiar with minecraft mechanics. I enjoy building big farms, basic redstone contraptions, and large decorative structures. Furthermore, I enjoy taking time to help my fellow craftymyners, whether that means giving building tips, TP'ing people to desired biomes, or sharing materials and resources with new players.

Weaknesses:
    My weaknesses can be encompassed mostly by my relatively little experience with online gaming communities. Since CraftyMynes is the first of such communities for me to become involved in, I am generally a little less sociable than some players. I try to be active in the main chat and on the forums, but haven't quite gotten to the point of joining the teamspeak server (I have never communicated with other gamers/communities through audio). For this reason, I am not especially familiar with much of the current staff. However, I do still try to communicate and interact with staff and many other players through conversations in the main chat or private messages. A different, unrelated weakness (maybe strength, depending on the degree), is that I have practically no tolerance for people thoughtlessly using derogatory terms (rascist, homophobic, anti-semetic, anything) and believe sometimes such players get more warnings than they deserve. Another weakness is that I am currently a graduate student. As such, I will be busier during the semester (which is about to start D:) and will have less time on the server. However, given that I only have about an hour of class a day, my time spent on CraftyMynes will not change drastically. I will likely just spend more time on minechat and take on less ambitious building projects. I joined the server during finals period last April and still managed to spend a lot of time on Craftymynes. After all, I have to de-stress somehow, right?

Why you are Applying:
    I am applying because, as I may have alluded to already, I thoroughly enjoy helping the server and players have fun and feel welcome. I have helped the server and staff out by cleaning around spawn a couple of times, reporting players, and maintaining the integrity of the chat, but I would like to play a more active role in doing so. I have enjoyed this server so much since joining (this was the first online server I tried and I never felt the need to try out another one) and would like to help others do so. I know how much a single troll, disrespectful player, or hacker can disrupt the server, so I would like to be able to help deal with these issues if the staff ever feel short handed and need another helper. I believe I could be a useful staff member and would take on my responsibilities with stride.

Time Played on CraftyMynes (ticks): 39,485,682

Custom Note (optional):
    Thank you for taking the time to read this application! I perfectly understand if there is no demand for staff currently. I just hope that you keep this application in mind in case you ever feel that the server could use some additional help. Also, I plan to try out teamspeak soon! Good evening!

or Sign Up to reply!