PurpleMare's Staff Application

1. 7 years ago

In Game Name: PurpleMare

Time Zone: UTC-06:00 (1 hour behind server time)

Strengths:

Minecraft related: Building anything, including but not limited to base building, redstone item sorters, mob grinders, farms
    Personality related: I am easy to get along with and work well with others. I am an ambivert which means that while I enjoy meeting and talking with new people, I also am a good listener and very patient. I don’t take myself too seriously, which means I can laugh at myself and am very slow to anger or frustration. I enjoy creating new things whether it be a Minecraft build, programming a new game, or designing a website. I especially enjoy making things that will help other people or that will teach me something new by making them. Above all, I enjoy helping others, and making someone else’s day makes my day.

Weaknesses:

Minecraft related: PVP, PVE
    Personality related: My patience also means that I may not react quickly in situations where time is critical. For example, if someone was causing trouble on the server and there were other staff online, I most likely would not be the first one to react. I like to weigh the costs and benefits before taking any decisive action.
    Also, as a first-year engineering student, I do not have a lot of extra free time. When I do get free time, however, I like to be on CraftyMynes. Also my current living arrangement means that I cannot be on TeamSpeak very often, since I live on campus with a roommate.

Why you are Applying:

Over a year ago, I joined CraftyMynes for the first time. The server didn’t have nearly as many features back then. There wasn’t a TPA, there was no jail, the server couldn’t automatically answer questions containing “serverplz” or otherwise, and lag was a constant problem. Yet, I felt an almost immediate connection with the community. The staff were friendly, and many of the other players were a similar age and had similar interests. Although many of those people have moved on now, and the number of staff and players still with the server from that time I could count on one hand, the core values of CraftyMynes have not changed. This is a server that respects players and values community. Also, this is the only vanilla server that is moving forward, innovating, and constantly improving. The changes that this server has undergone are simply mindboggling. These things are what keep me coming back. I want to give back to the community that I have enjoyed for so long.

Time Played on CraftyMynes (ticks): 5,374,795

or Sign Up to reply!